ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 34
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best BBQ joint in KC area?
BossChief 12:20 PM 02-07-2015
We are driving down to KC and I usually go to Gates, but want to try something different this time around.

I'm looking to go to the absolute best BBQ joint in the KC area for dinner tonight and figured you guys would know best. Maybe a few of you want to come out and eat with us.

What say you, CP?

(The search function is off or I'd use it.)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:26 PM 04-06-2018
Q39 was pretty fucking good. Had the judges plate with spare ribs, brisket, and pulled pork. Fries and slaw were both good too. Only thing is the sauce was spicy for my tastes but I'm sure most people prefer it that way, so meh.
[Reply]
philfree 09:55 PM 12-08-2018
I'm watching 'Smoked' and one of the contestants owns Slap's BBQ. What's the word on Slap's?
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:58 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by philfree:
I'm watching 'Smoked' and one of the contestants owns Slap's BBQ. What's the word on Slap's?
I love it
[Reply]
philfree 10:08 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I love it
It looks like Joe eats a lot of his own cooking so that's a good sign. When in KC we usually go to Jack Stack but I think I need to branch out. Next time maybe I'll try Slap's.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:11 PM 12-08-2018
Woodyard has the best smoked chicken. It's not even BBQ really, its hickory smoked chicken, much like what Stephenson's Apple Orchard Restaurant used to have before it closed down.

There's few "joints" that you can go wrong with in KC. They've all got great BBQ.
[Reply]
blake5676 10:15 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by philfree:
Slap's is unreal. IMO, the best in KC. Gotta get the jalapeno cheddar sausage. Life will be different after eating that.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:28 PM 12-08-2018
I agree about the cheddar jalapeno sausage. Their cheesy potatoes are the best too.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:35 PM 12-08-2018
Joe's KC but mostly because I can walk there
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:45 PM 12-08-2018
Sauto swears by it yet don't tell him he's dead on. It is the best Q in KC in my opinion also.

I enjoy the overall dining experience at Jack's so I eat there more often. Slaps has a lot to be desired in the overall experience but the protein is excellent.

Heres a Wired BBQ tour of Slaps

[Reply]
MahiMike 11:02 PM 12-08-2018
The family did Q39 last week. OMG. So good. All other BBQ is a sham compared to this. The brisket tasted like chocolate. Delish.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:05 PM 12-08-2018
I had LCs again the other day. Still not very good. No effing clue how you could even start comparing that in the same sentence as Joes or Q39 Gates sucks too but Im not a sauce guy and as I understand it sauce people love their sauce so maybe thats why. Third in KC is hard to pon point but it might be Zarda
[Reply]
banecat 11:22 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I had LCs again the other day. Still not very good. No effing clue how you could even start comparing that in the same sentence as Joes or Q39 Gates sucks too but Im not a sauce guy and as I understand it sauce people love their sauce so maybe thats why. Third in KC is hard to pon point but it might be Zarda
Zarda's nothing special. Danny Edwards is probably best. Bryants a close second. Char Bar probably third. Q39 probably fourth. Gates to round out the top five because I'm not looking to see if the place that I like out by 143rd and Metcalf. LC's is hit and miss also and there are maybe five to ten more that if the Dewers 12 hadn't kicked in I'd mention here now
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:40 PM 12-08-2018
I forgot about Q39, I guess I should try it again (the OP location) when in town next time.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:50 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
Zarda's nothing special. Danny Edwards is probably best. Bryants a close second. Char Bar probably third. Q39 probably fourth. Gates to round out the top five because I'm not looking to see if the place that I like out by 143rd and Metcalf. LC's is hit and miss also and there are maybe five to ten more that if the Dewers 12 hadn't kicked in I'd mention here now
Danny Edwards Big D is my favorite BBQ sandwich in the world. So insanely good.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:51 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Good to know your BBQ takes are just as bad as your football takes.

I'll give you the Gates/sauce thing. But LC's is pretty damn good and Zarda's is subpar for KC (still would be top 5 BBQ in LA). LC's burnt ends might be the best I've had.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 34
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up