ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 34
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best BBQ joint in KC area?
BossChief 12:20 PM 02-07-2015
We are driving down to KC and I usually go to Gates, but want to try something different this time around.

I'm looking to go to the absolute best BBQ joint in the KC area for dinner tonight and figured you guys would know best. Maybe a few of you want to come out and eat with us.

What say you, CP?

(The search function is off or I'd use it.)
[Reply]
Reaper16 05:59 PM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Neither of those things will happen to you if you go to Arthur Bryant's to matter what the crazy imaginations of suburban people tell you.
I've never once felt like I was in danger at 18th and Brooklyn, not even at night.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:00 PM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Neither of those things will happen to you if you go to Arthur Bryant's to matter what the crazy imaginations of suburban people tell you.
Jesus. Just go to Ameristar if you're scared of black people. Amirite?
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:52 PM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
It's gonna be March/April before I can make it. I'm a seasonal salesman. I'm off season and not back to work for 2 more weeks. Burned through my excess.
That's perfect for me too.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:04 PM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I hear ya on the burnt ends being cubed. But who, other than Gates, doesn't cube it? My favorite burnt ends are Gates because theirs is pulled not cubed.
that's why I used to be a gates guy.

Burnt end sammiches

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
In.

Pissed I couldn't make it last night boss.
It's all good bro.

We'll tear it up next time I come down and have more prior notice.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:06 PM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by BossChief:
that's why I used to be a gates guy.

Burnt end sammiches

It's all good bro.

We'll tear it up next time I come down and have more prior notice.
Yeah Just give me a little notice, hard to get a sitter late notice. But I'm down for sure.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:11 PM 02-08-2015
In.

Pissed I couldn't make it last night boss.
w00t!

Does Q39 serve Sake? We will find the fuck out!

It's gonna be March/April before I can make it. I'm a seasonal salesman. I'm off season and not back to work for 2 more weeks. Burned through my excess.
That's perfect for me too.
Alright, I'll look at scheduling the vacation for the last week of March. Will this work for all parties involved?
[Reply]
DanT 09:12 PM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I've never once felt like I was in danger at 18th and Brooklyn, not even at night.
Here's the Crime Rate data for 64127, Arthur Bryant's zipcode:

http://www.clrsearch.com/Kansas-City...127/Crime-Rate

The risk of assault there is more than double in that zip code than in the United States as a whole. So it's not likely that a visitor would get assaulted, but it's also not like one shouldn't be aware of the fact that 18th and Brooklyn is in a dangerous part of town. I wouldn't discourage friends from visiting Bryant's, but I would make sure they knew to be alert and pay attention.

I went to junior high and senior high school at Lincoln (just up the hill, around 22nd and Brooklyn). I would feel OK but not great about walking around there at night to go take the Troost Bus home from night football games or practices. I would walk down Woodland to 19th or 18th and then walk over to Troost), but that was because I lived just east of the Paseo at 49th Terrace (a couple of blocks from Gates headquarters). Nowadays, the crime rate in 64100 is a little worse than in 64127, and I think that might have been the case back in the early 1980's, too, but I'm not sure. (I used to feel just slightly safer walking past Lincoln (21st and Woodland) at night than walking past Paseo High (near 48th and Woodland), but I felt way safer walking past Southwest High, for example.

Now that I live in a neighborhood with a low violent crime rate (zip code 95618), I'm even more on guard visiting the old neighborhoods.

By the way, even though I spent so much time near both Bryant's and Gates, I've had way more meals at Gates, at least 50 to 1. I just liked Gates better. But their quality control is not impeccable. I had two meals there a couple of weeks ago, one by my mom's house (the Swope Pkwy location, which has mutton) and the other out on 40 Highway, coming home from a Missouri Mavericks game. Gates is always good, but it's not consistently great. The fat in the mutton seems to vary from a lot to a whole lot. :-)

If Q39 is able to expand its business while maintaining its quality standards, that would be a great accomplishment.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:24 PM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
w00t!

Does Q39 serve Sake? We will find the fuck out!

Alright, I'll look at scheduling the vacation for the last week of March. Will this work for all parties involved?
In
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:33 PM 02-08-2015
Legends

Catch a soccer game after :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:36 PM 02-08-2015
In
Come on, Flop; get 'er done!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:07 PM 02-08-2015
You guys should make an official spring feast thread so everyone can see it.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:17 PM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by Billay:
You guys should make an official spring feast thread so everyone can see it.
Right now we've got you, SAUTO, Flop, Stevie, and myself. That's 5 people.

If the number reaches 10 or more, then we should probably start an official thread.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:35 PM 02-08-2015
I've lived urban for 23 years and counting. The worst thing that's happened to me is...?

Come on, peeps.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:32 PM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
w00t!

Does Q39 serve Sake? We will find the **** out!

Prob no sake huge beer selection though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:35 PM 02-08-2015
You fat slobs are inspiring me to get my ass up to Q39 and try their burnt ends this week I think. I hate you.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 34
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up