ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jamaal Charles: "...and basically, we had Matt Cassel"
NIUhuskies 07:18 PM 01-15-2021
hahahahahah so true Jamaal

Chiefs Wire: What was the mood during your first playoff game?
Charles: “It was fun. I played Baltimore in my first game in the playoffs; most people don’t understand that it’s a different building, a different level, a different emotion in the playoffs. I was very upset we lost against Baltimore; it was a tough team playing against Ray Lewis, and basically, we had Matt Cassel. It was just hard to try and put together a game plan, but we could’ve easily won that game.”

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021...wards-helaire/
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:33 PM 01-15-2021
Dont run sideways on 4th down
[Reply]
Lzen 10:33 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
His fadder was a mudder.
Hello mudder
Hello fadder
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 10:54 PM 01-15-2021
Has to be painful for the Chiefs greats of the 2000s and early 2010s to see what could have been with better coaching and a real QB. Guys like Charles, Berry and Johnson were so close to being part of the dynasty.

But they'll always mean a lot to me. They were my first favourite players and made watching the Chiefs a lot less shit.

Sent from my Galaxy S10
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:45 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I remember having optimism about Weis and Crennell now. ****ing hell this is bringing up some horrendous memories.
This should cure you of those memories.

[Reply]
Easy 6 11:01 AM 01-16-2021
Thats not nice of JC, he must've forgotten that Matt graded out perfectly...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:02 AM 01-16-2021
:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:02 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I hope Matt Cassel DIES!!!!!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:04 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
That was the last Chiefs game I went to.

Awful awful game
I was also at the Denver game with Tebow where Tim only completed like 2 passes....and we lost.

Dark times man.

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:07 AM 01-16-2021
Some good comments from JC on the Tony G and Kelce similarities...
[Reply]
Otter 11:07 AM 01-16-2021
:-)

That Howdy Doodie looking mofo can kiss my balloon knot.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:11 AM 01-16-2021
That season screwed the Chiefs even more. If you were looking for a year to be bad that was the one. 2011 1st round was loaded with talent.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:15 AM 01-16-2021
That season sucked. Our schedule was light as fuck. The entire division was terrible. Everybody we beat was bad and we got pisspounded by every decent team we played. Losing instantly in the playoffs was pretty much a foregone conclusion.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:17 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
Has to be painful for the Chiefs greats of the 2000s and early 2010s to see what could have been with better coaching and a real QB. Guys like Charles, Berry and Johnson were so close to being part of the dynasty.

But they'll always mean a lot to me. They were my first favourite players and made watching the Chiefs a lot less shit.

Sent from my Galaxy S10
We had a great offense, some of those years, especially under Vermeil, but the Defense sucked.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:48 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That season sucked. Our schedule was light as ****. The entire division was terrible. Everybody we beat was bad and we got pisspounded by every decent team we played. Losing instantly in the playoffs was pretty much a foregone conclusion.
The chargers were the #1offense and the #1defense. They just sucked on special teams and I think turnovers, as well.
[Reply]
TheMartyr 12:19 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Oh the game where Jamaal Charles dominated the first half and we were down only 3 only for him to only get like 2 or 3 carries in the 2nd half. Good ole Todd Haley and Charlie Weiss
I always remembered that game as being a nightmare where the Chiefs just got slaughtered all day. The whole game is on YouTube so I went back and watched the first half and was pleasantly surprised.

The defense was playing pretty great, Charles was gashing the Ravens for 87 yards on 7 carries and the Chiefs were up 7-3 midway through the 2nd quarter when a series of mistakes cost them the lead at half.

First, Charles fumbled and lost it around the Ravens 40 with the Chiefs driving. The defense held and the Chiefs drove again to get a 3rd and 3 near the Ravens 40. Then, Brandon Albert had a false start so the Chiefs had to punt. Colquitt kicked a beauty that should have been downed at the 1, but two Chiefs ran into each other forcing a touchback. The Chiefs got a sack but then gave up 14 yards on 3rd and 13, leading to a TD drive.

The second half was a disaster. The Chiefs got the ball and started with three straight passes for Cassel out of the shotgun and the third pass was picked off but recovered in a forced fumble. Charles then lost five yards on a terrible call on 4th and inches at the Ravens 32.

The next two offensive drives were a Mccluster fumble and a Cassel interception setting up short fields. The game was 23-7 and over then. But then on the very next play, Cassel fumbled on a sack hit. The Chiefs literally ran three straight plays that went for turnovers.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up