ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets new coach Robert Saleh
thabear04 09:20 PM 01-14-2021

Jets are hiring former 49ers’ DC Robert Saleh as their next head coach, per league sources. The two sides now have reached agreement on a five-year deal.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 15, 2021

[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:39 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I will give McDermott a lot of credit, because the development of Josh Allen has been an anomaly. Most defensive head coaches do not fare well with QB development. The other major exception for young-ish QBs is Wilson, but Carroll's obsession with the running game and conservative OCs has shackled him as well.

With the way the NFL currently operates, I think looking at a defensive head coach is putting yourself at a disadvantage in most cases.
Harbaugh was a ST/DBs coach and Flacco/Lamar turned out OK.

Cam turned out well under Rivera until injuries fucked him up.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:41 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
The Jets have been doing this for the past 10 years, unsuccessfully. When Reid was in Philly.
Carroll doesn’t report to Schneider.
[Reply]
2112 08:50 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Carroll doesn’t report to Schneider.
I think you guys are missing the point. They weren’t talking to each other, just the owner. I doubt they work separately like that. And the track record shows it. Bowles didn’t even know mccanahan released a player a few years back.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:08 AM 01-15-2021
I think you guys are missing the point. They weren’t talking to each other, just the owner. I doubt they work separately like that. And the track record shows it. Bowles didn’t even know mccanahan released a player a few years back.
You said no successful sports organization runs like this.

The structure of GM and Coach reporting to owner instead of coach to GM works. It doesn’t work when you have incompetent people or ones who don’t communicate with each other.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:14 AM 01-15-2021
Good hire. Interesting to see who he brings in to fill out his staff. If he hires good people he can turn the Jets around relatively quickly. The fact NE is not dominant anymore means the Jets can be contenders in a couple of years if they draft well.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:21 AM 01-15-2021
Harbaugh was a ST/DBs coach and Flacco/Lamar turned out OK.

Cam turned out well under Rivera until injuries ****ed him up.
The huge piece was that this was a package hire. It wasn't Saleh, it was the OC too. Which is a brilliant move by NYJ to significantly reduce the risk of ruining their offense.
[Reply]
2112 09:28 AM 01-15-2021
You said no successful sports organization runs like this.

The structure of GM and Coach reporting to owner instead of coach to GM works. It doesn’t work when you have incompetent people or ones who don’t communicate with each other.
I’m arguing about the Jets with a Rams fan who has no team anymore. Think about that for a second.

Ownership chose its path when they continued to hire gms with an existing coach. And who fires their gm right after the draft and Fa? :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:32 AM 01-15-2021
I’m arguing about the Jets with a Rams fan who has no team anymore. Think about that for a second.

Ownership chose its path when they continued to hire gms with an existing coach. And who fires their gm right after the draft and Fa? :-)
Not RIGHT after the draft, but the Chiefs got rid of Dorsey in June.
[Reply]
2112 09:37 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not RIGHT after the draft, but the Chiefs got rid of Dorsey in June.
That’s pretty close. I did not know that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 AM 01-15-2021
That’s pretty close. I did not know that.
Dorsey and Reid also both reported to Hunt. Hunt put that in place when he hired them because of lessons learned from the Pioli fiasco.

By the way, Hunt always said back then that he wanted to emulate the Steelers. I believe that Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert report to the owner as well, and Tomlin doesn't report to Colbert as would be traditional.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:04 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by thabear04:
Jets are signing Mike lafleur as their OC

Damn. Saleh doing Shanahan dirty, poaching from his coaching staff like that.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:08 AM 01-15-2021
And count me in the "this is an offensive coach's league" category. This will result in continued losing seasons. They need someone who can make something out of Sam Darnold.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:37 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The guy we absolutely pantsed in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl? The guy who was celebrating thinking they already had it won? THAT Robert Saleh?

Middle of the pack yards & points given up THIS season Robert Saleh?
I'm not endorsing Saleh or anything, but this isn't much of an indictment. We pants most everyone.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:43 AM 01-15-2021
Doesn't matter how good of a coach he is with lack of talent they have it will take years for them to be competitive
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:44 AM 01-15-2021
Kinda glad he didnt land in sandy eggo where they have the horses to run his scheme well.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up