ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets new coach Robert Saleh
thabear04 09:20 PM 01-14-2021

Jets are hiring former 49ers’ DC Robert Saleh as their next head coach, per league sources. The two sides now have reached agreement on a five-year deal.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 15, 2021

[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:50 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
With very little talent and an offense that also didn’t help things either. They consistently turned the ball over.

They overachieved as a unit all things considered. That’s usually due to coaching.

People “shit” on the Urban Meyer hire because college coaches don’t have a good track record making the transition to the NFL, his offense doesn’t really translate, and his supposed GM/OC/DC options sound awful.

Saleh on the other hand has already made a good hire at OC.
Yeah and Gunther Cunningham had an aging defense with a team falling apart and his defense was ranked only a few spots lower. Of course it's different times.

Also Meyer will now be running an offense that isnt much different than what alot of NFL offenses run now and wont have Danny Wuerffel at QB. While Carroll had some NFL experience he was a successful college coach and was able to get Wilson. If Lawrence is that good and I dont think it's a stretch to say he will be it's hard to imagine Meyer not having some success.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:57 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah and Gunther Cunningham had an aging defense with a team falling apart and his defense was ranked only a few spots lower. Of course it's different times.

Also Meyer will now be running an offense that isnt much different than what alot of NFL offenses run now and wont have Danny Wuerffel at QB. While Carroll had some NFL experience he was a successful college coach and was able to get Wilson. If Lawrence is that good and I dont think it's a stretch to say he will be it's hard to imagine Meyer not having some success.
I know you keep saying they were 17th in PPG, but let’s be clear, they were also 4th in YPG. That’s pretty fucking amazing. They were a lot better than you are giving them credit for.

And I never said Urban can’t have some success. I just have serious doubts considering his lack of NFL experience, the history of guys like that, and I just don’t think most of the things that made him a great CFB HC translate.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:00 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Jerod Mayo is a coach now also, it's so weird.
Jesus.

I’m an old man
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:04 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I know you keep saying they were 17th in PPG, but let’s be clear, they were also 4th in YPG. That’s pretty ****ing amazing. They were a lot better than you are giving them credit for.

And I never said Urban can’t have some success. I just have seriously doubts considering his lack of NFL experience, the history of guys like that, and I just don’t think most of the things that made him a great CFB HC translate.
Fair enough I don't put as much stock into yards as points given up. I also think Joe Douglas is a retard but to be fair Baalke wasnt much better. Didnt Douglas sign LeVeon Bell? Also what if a condition to agreeing to the Jets job was working with Sam Darnold? I dont think he will ever be much than a possible 10-15 at best.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:41 AM 01-15-2021
Theres plenty of speculation now about the Jets taking Justin fields. Could be an interesting weapon in a Shanahan offense. He's also got a sneaky good running back already in perine.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:47 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Theres plenty of speculation now about the Jets taking Justin fields. Could be an interesting weapon in a Shanahan offense. He's also got a sneaky good running back already in perine.
Schefter shot that down. He said yesterday that Darnold is their guy and they are looking to trade the #2 pick
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:54 AM 01-15-2021
Good for him, poor bastard. I suppose anything can happen, but most of it not good with Darnold at QB...
[Reply]
2112 07:01 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
A team with a major issue at QB decided that a defensive head coach was the way to go? The O.C. had better be a damned good one.
They’re morons. 2 years ago their football genius Christopher Johnson called Peyton manning and asked him what he should do. HIRE ADAM GASE!!! NOW!!

The chain of command is the owner hired the coach and the gm and coach report to the owner, separately. No successful professional sports organization runs like this. They don’t get it and I doubt they ever will. They ruined Darnold’s development.

I can’t watch or talk about the Jets without getting pissed off.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:34 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
They’re morons. 2 years ago their football genius Christopher Johnson called Peyton manning and asked him what he should do. HIRE ADAM GASE!!! NOW!!

The chain of command is the owner hired the coach and the gm and coach report to the owner, separately. No successful professional sports organization runs like this. They don’t get it and I doubt they ever will. They ruined Darnold’s development.

I can’t watch or talk about the Jets without getting pissed off.
Ummmmm. ....

Veach and Reid report to Clark Hunt separately. That’s probably why they’re doing it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:35 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
No way the Jets go Fields. I do think they build around Darnold but if they wanted a fit with Lafleur the QB they draft is Zach Wilson.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:37 AM 01-15-2021
Garrapolo to the Jets?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:50 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Jesus I remember when he played.
It's not just remembering that he played. Many of us were posting here before he was in the league.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:55 AM 01-15-2021
I will give McDermott a lot of credit, because the development of Josh Allen has been an anomaly. Most defensive head coaches do not fare well with QB development. The other major exception for young-ish QBs is Wilson, but Carroll's obsession with the running game and conservative OCs has shackled him as well.

With the way the NFL currently operates, I think looking at a defensive head coach is putting yourself at a disadvantage in most cases.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:04 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I will give McDermott a lot of credit, because the development of Josh Allen has been an anomaly. Most defensive head coaches do not fare well with QB development. The other major exception for young-ish QBs is Wilson, but Carroll's obsession with the running game and conservative OCs has shackled him as well.

With the way the NFL currently operates, I think looking at a defensive head coach is putting yourself at a disadvantage in most cases.
Possibly. But there's also a lot to be said about offensive coordinators being notorious micromanagers. Seems teams are trend chasing. Ron Rivera, Joe Judge, Brian Flores turned out pretty good. Mcdermott, Vrabel, Harbaugh have been pretty good. I actually think a defensive head coach is a real good idea for the many teams who don't have an easy path to an elite qb.
[Reply]
2112 08:10 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Ummmmm. ....

Veach and Reid report to Clark Hunt separately. That’s probably why they’re doing it.
The Jets have been doing this for the past 10 years, unsuccessfully. When Reid was in Philly.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up