ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>**** "Expert" Mocks ****
duncan_idaho 10:10 AM 01-13-2021
I thought it might be good/fun to have a "pro" mock repository for draft nerd season.

So, I think Dane Brugler is pretty outstanding at the mock draft game. Probably the best guy available. If you have The Athletic, it's always worth reading.

Post good/interesting/funny ones you run across. I can update the OP with links and such as they come.

Dane Brugler | 1.13.21 The Athletic

Chiefs take Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida (1.32) and Dayo Odeyinbingo, DE, Vanderbilt (2.64).

Brentley Wiseman | 1.15.21 Draft Network

Chiefs take Wyatt Davis, OG, The Second State University of Ohio (1.32), Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss (2.64), and Walker Little, OT, Stanford(3.95).

Duncan’s Most Recent

Terrance Marshall Jr, WR, LSU (2.39), Teven Walker, OL, Oklahoma State (2.64), Dabo Odeyingbo, DE, Vanderbilt (3.73), Jabril Cox, LB, LSU (3.95), Jeremy Ruckert, TE, The Second State University of Ohio (4.128)Shaun Jolly, CB, Appy State (5.160), Josh Bell, OT, Marshall (7.222)

I’ll keep updating this as the draft nears. Love this current group but think all of these guys rise as the draft approaches.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:05 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Is there a center worth taking a shot on at the end of the first round? That's the only position on o-line I would consider grabbing if the value is right.
Not in my mind, no.

The sweet spot of IOL is around midway through the 2nd to the end of the 3rd, at least the way I see it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:11 PM 01-15-2021
Agree with ht. Mid-2nd through end of 3rd can net you Creed Humphrey or Josh Myers or Alex Lindstrom. Not a huge gap in performance on them.
[Reply]
BeMyValentine 03:24 PM 01-15-2021
What round would you take Nick Niemann?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:03 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by BeMyValentine:
What round would you take Nick Niemann?
:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:24 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...t-weissman-4.0

Chiefs
Wyatt Davis
IOL, Ohio State

The Chiefs need to get more physical up front along the offensive line. Wyatt Davis has the athletic ability, size, and strength to be a difference-making guard from day one, and ensures that Patrick Mahomes has all of the time in the world to continue to make magic. This would be one of my favorite picks in the first round.

Chiefs
Elijah Moore
WR, Ole Miss

Chiefs
Walker Little
OT, Stanford

This is about as realistic as me buying the Chiefs from the Hunt Family tomorrow.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:51 PM 01-15-2021
I was more open to OL in the 1st when it looked like we were getting a 3rd round comp pick.

I felt more comfortable filling our other needs then, now I want a WR or EDGE in the 1st. There will be value there.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:11 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is about as realistic as me buying the Chiefs from the Hunt Family tomorrow.
Hook a brotha up with a lifetime suite at the stadium, Mr. NFL Owner Sir?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:14 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I was more open to OL in the 1st when it looked like we were getting a 3rd round comp pick.

I felt more comfortable filling our other needs then, now I want a WR or EDGE in the 1st. There will be value there.
I've really gotten on the Pringle bandwagon. Not saying we shouldn't bolster the WR corps, especially if both Watkins and Robinson don't make it back, but I feel the kid has earned a shot at the #3 or 4 spot. I think I want a young stud pass rusher on the other side of (a healthy, hopefully) Clark in the first or second.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:00 PM 01-19-2021

I'm leaning Edge myself.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:01 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've really gotten on the Pringle bandwagon. Not saying we shouldn't bolster the WR corps, especially if both Watkins and Robinson don't make it back, but I feel the kid has earned a shot at the #3 or 4 spot. I think I want a young stud pass rusher on the other side of (a healthy, hopefully) Clark in the first or second.
I'm leaning edge too, but I think Clark has a crohns issue or something similar. I don't think it's going to get better.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:53 PM 01-28-2021
Here's an updated one I did today from PFN. I trade down a BUNCH once I got into the second round.

1.32 - Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State. Mayfield also was on the board. I took the more proven, more versatile player.
3.72 - Dayo Odeyingbo, DE, Vandy.
3.95 - Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston
4.101 - Tyree Gillespie, S, Missouri (very versatile, can play single high, good hitter/tackler)
4.119 - Payton Turner, DE, Houston (another big DE with versatility and scheme fit)
5.158 - Quinn Meinerz, C, Wisconsin-Whitewater (My new crush, no way he lasts this long after Senior Bowl performance).
6.163 - Austin Watkins, WR, UAB (also won't last this long after the Senior Bowl)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:40 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I used to get so caught up in wanting this position or that position, but now I just want the BPA in the 1st and 2nd if possible. Veach has found IMO a lot of good role players, but through his 3 drafts so far I'm still not seeing many "star" type players. Obviously that's a little difficult with not having a 1st round pick until 2020 and picking so late in the round, but I think this would be a good time to start adding some real impact players regardless of the position.

There are likely a few positions you can count out for rd 1 like QB and RB, but beyond that I want to see us take a top talent that slipped who can hopefully hit the ground running and not take 2-3 years to develop like we've seen with several of our recent higher picks.
um.

Sneed and Clyde look like stars already from the 2020 draft, and that's not counting solid contributions from Danna and Wharton. Add in Gay, who we knew was raw but a physical freak of a talent and I'd say that's a pretty good draft at the back of each round.

I don't think you're very realistic.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:05 PM 01-28-2021
Toney and Odeyinbingo would be an excellent pair for our first 2 picks. Sign me up for that.

Haven’t seen anybody on CP talk about Odeyinbingo, but he’s a nice sleeper type of pick that I’m sure the NFL is higher on than the pundits.
I think Joe Tryon-Shoyinka from Washington should be in the conversation as well as Odeyinbingo.

I like Tryon alot more, just not quite sure if he'll be there at 64.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:07 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think Joe Tryon-Shoyinka from Washington should be in the conversation as well as Odeyinbingo.

I like Tryon alot more, just not quite sure if he'll be there at 64.

He went top 50 in that mock I ran there.

Translating his skills to pass rush production sounds like it’s a bit of a question with him.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:57 AM 01-29-2021

[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up