ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 101
« First < 42828889909192 93949596 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:11 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
The Browns got what, 4 turnovers on the Steelers, and still let noodle armed Big Rape and their pathetic offense come back and make a game of it.

If Tomlin isnt an idiot and goes for the 4th n1 instead of punting, who knows how that game turns out.

Newsflash, this is not that pathetic Steelers offense they will be playing against.

Theres no way in hell, barring #15 simply opting out of the contest, that the Cleveland Browns win this game.
Bruh, Midnight Hour Moore could win this game. Henne, I’m not so sure.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:14 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
We did play a tougher schedule, but don't get caught up in the 1st place schedule crap. That's a misnomer. We played the same opponents as everyone in our division except for games against the Ravens and Texans. That's because the Texans and Ravens won their division last season. However, this season, Baltimore finished 2nd in their division and Houston 3rd.

In fact, both Denver and Las Vegas played a tougher schedule than the Chiefs this season, despite having what you'd refer to as a 2nd place or 3rd place schedule.

The Browns having an easier schedule has nothing to do with last year. It's just the way the divisions are rotated. It was the AFC North's turn to play the NFC East and the AFC West's turn to play the NFC South.
The Faders, and Dungkeys played a tougher schedule because they played us twice.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 07:30 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
The Faders, and Dungkeys played a tougher schedule because they played us twice.
True, but irrespective of that, one of each played Indy/Ten. We didn't face either opponent. We played Houston. We didn't play the Steelers, even though they had the best record in their division. You never know which previous division winner will be strong or weak the following season.

We actually play the NFC East next season. The division will still be weak, but it's almost impossible to be worse than this season's version.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:47 PM 01-15-2021
Oh shit. Saints may have COVID troubles. Backup Center just tested positive.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:56 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Oh shit. Saints may have COVID troubles. Backup Center just tested positive.
I’ve got Chiefs Bucs SB, so never know.
[Reply]
Hiko 08:26 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Add me to those voices too. We have a lot of room for error but if we don't bring at least our "B" game, we can lose.

But, there is a fact that Browns don't really embrace or ignore. If we are down, playing like shit for whatever reason, Mahomes will bring the victory home. He's never failed in the playoffs yet.
Not sure which Browns fans are ignoring that. After witnessing the ridiculous EASE in which KC erased the 24 point deficit against the Texans last year and the nerve-wracking inability of the Browns to hold huge leads this year (they’ve had 3 of 27 or over and ALL of them got unnecessarily blood pressure spiking), the Browns could be up 48-6 with 5 minutes to go and not one single Browns fan would be comfortable.
[Reply]
Hiko 08:37 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Okay. And let's assume that we can take those numbers at face value.

It still doesn't change the fact that, against the NFL average defense, CLE still punted on about 50% of their possession/game. So they didn't even get close to the RZ on about 50% of their drives.

Now CLE is getting ready to face a defense that held TB, BAL, NOR, and BUF all below their season scoring average, and below 30 points. And held all of those RBs to less than their season average in yards gained.

That's a potential problem.

And the other part of the problem: KC scores as often or more often outside the traditional RZ. For the Chiefs, the RZ is from about 5 yards on our side of the 50.

Bottom line, what CLE can't do, which they've done fairly consistently this season, is punt the ball 3+ times in a row during the game.

That way lies madness and destruction.
As I keep saying, if you want to put faith into one side of the ball, use it for your offense because even though I think KC will win (maybe easily) that you will not be pleased with the D.

But if you want to die on that hill, be my guest. You might well be right. But it feels more like you haven’t watched much of the Browns (to be fair, not many people do) and aren’t aware of the context of when they turn it on, when they milk the clock, and when they play in a hurricane.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:40 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Hiko:
Not sure which Browns fans are ignoring that. After witnessing the ridiculous EASE in which KC erased the 24 point deficit against the Texans last year and the nerve-wracking inability of the Browns to hold huge leads this year (they’ve had 3 of 27 or over and ALL of them got unnecessarily blood pressure spiking), the Browns could be up 48-6 with 5 minutes to go and not one single Browns fan would be comfortable.
I believe in that game KC scored 41 points in under 20 minutes. Possession time, not game time. 28 points in the 2nd quarter in 10 minutes and a few seconds, and then another 13 points (2 TDs, Butker missed a XP, iirc) in about another 7 minutes and change. Like 7:45, something like that.

6 consecutive possessions, totaling 18 minutes or so, 41 points.

8 consecutive scoring possessions, 7 TDs and a FG.

And I'm not positive, but I think we lost TOP in that game. By 5-6 minutes or something. All I remember is that HOU had something like 33 minutes TOP?
[Reply]
carcosa 08:48 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
You forgot a really important stat:

Cleveland Browns : FUCKING SUCK
Kansas City Chiefs : GOOD AT FOOTBALL
THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:01 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Hiko:
As I keep saying, if you want to put faith into one side of the ball, use it for your offense because even though I think KC will win (maybe easily) that you will not be pleased with the D.

But if you want to die on that hill, be my guest. You might well be right. But it feels more like you haven’t watched much of the Browns (to be fair, not many people do) and aren’t aware of the context of when they turn it on, when they milk the clock, and when they play in a hurricane.
It's true that I don't really follow the Browns. Between this year and last, I've probably watched 6 games. Maybe 7 at most. About 4 this season.

But nothing I saw told me that CLE's offense was head and shoulders better than TB, NOR, or even BAL. I mean, yeah, Baker is a better passer than Lamar, no question. But overall, BAL's offense is, or has been, more consistently effective than CLE's over the latter half of the season. Ditto TB.

So while I can see that CLE's offense is much improved over last season, and even much improved over their last 7-8 games, I don't see anything that tells me that CLE's offense is markedly better than either NOR or TB. Many here probably would argue that both of those teams are more offensively impressive.

If that's so, then I don't see why our defense can't perform just as well against CLE.

Again, I'm not saying KC will blank CLE; our defense isn't built that way. All I'm saying is all they have to do is get 3-4 stops. And a FG attempt in the second half is a stop when you're playing the Chiefs.

If that happens, CLE is going to lose, unless Mahomes doesn't play.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:10 PM 01-15-2021
Chiefs WIN! End this thread. Next, Chiefs @ home vs. Ravens. Next, Chiefs win SBLV against Packers. #RUNITBACK Peace out! \m/
[Reply]
Hiko 10:06 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's true that I don't really follow the Browns. Between this year and last, I've probably watched 6 games. Maybe 7 at most. About 4 this season.

But nothing I saw told me that CLE's offense was head and shoulders better than TB, NOR, or even BAL. I mean, yeah, Baker is a better passer than Lamar, no question. But overall, BAL's offense is, or has been, more consistently effective than CLE's over the latter half of the season. Ditto TB.

So while I can see that CLE's offense is much improved over last season, and even much improved over their last 7-8 games, I don't see anything that tells me that CLE's offense is markedly better than either NOR or TB. Many here probably would argue that both of those teams are more offensively impressive.

If that's so, then I don't see why our defense can't perform just as well against CLE.

Again, I'm not saying KC will blank CLE; our defense isn't built that way. All I'm saying is all they have to do is get 3-4 stops. And a FG attempt in the second half is a stop when you're playing the Chiefs.

If that happens, CLE is going to lose, unless Mahomes doesn't play.
3-4 stops probably means a KC win. But that’s bc the Browns D sucks. Their O is really potent most of the time (use the recent BAL-CLE Monday nighter as a template). There are many ways to win and I think KC will win by scoring an ugly amount of points. They have every advantage outisde of RB and OL.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:16 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)

Plenty of people are picking the Chiefs... I saw half the CBS picks were Browns, but besides that, it's mostly Chiefs.

There's the click bait stuff, of course... "haven't won by enough", "they'll be rusty"... but, picking upsets is always sexier, that will never go away.
Actually that was just the spread. Every single "expert" picked the Chiefs to win.
[Reply]
Mav 07:59 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by GingaChief:
Once again the media writing us off like last year. All I've seen on Twitter this week is how we are going to lose because of the running game.

This type of shit has made me more excited for Sunday night. No doubt when we win they'll be no credit given to us & it'll all be about how the Browns managed to lose it.

**** em & LETS GET IT!!!!
We must see entirely different media. Most media, are picking the Chiefs. As they should. They are favored by 10 for a reason. This is a non story.
[Reply]
Mav 08:01 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I’ve got Chiefs Bucs SB, so never know.
Thats who i picked at the beginning of the year. Should be a great game.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 101
« First < 42828889909192 93949596 > Last »
Up