ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 100
« First < 41818788899091 92939495 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:57 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
7 Nation army chant is dumb as all fuck

[Reply]
htismaqe 04:58 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think the Bills will struggle. I think the Ravens win.

The Bills aren't built like the Chiefs, who have a punishing TE that creates matchup problems.

The Bills are basically two guys. The Ravens have the DB's take take Diggs away. Allen will be forced to find other guys quickly or take a dirt nap.

Can his "Other guys" get open quickly vs the Raven's DB's? Im not so confident in that. Mahomes' "other guy" is Travis Kelce.....Allen doesn't have one of those.
What about Dawson Knox? :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:00 PM 01-15-2021

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:09 PM 01-15-2021

[Reply]
Stryker 06:51 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What about Dawson Knox? :-)
My thoughts exactly
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:00 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, but that gets boring. And let's be honest: sooner or later that'll happen anyway.
The future is uncertain. We know they’ll be at the top of the league through next season. Nothing more is guaranteed.

With the right moves, I think next year could/should be the team that steamrolls everybody.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:30 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The future is uncertain. We know they’ll be at the top of the league through next season. Nothing more is guaranteed.

With the right moves, I think next year could/should be the team that steamrolls everybody.
I actually predicted that it would be two seasons from now. The defense is going to really come together over the next two seasons, IMO, and so will the offense. We'll have at least a couple new guys on the OL fully installed by then, maybe three if we're really lucky, and we'll have a younger, faster LB corps.

So, by the playoffs of the 2022/23 season, we might just curb-stomp the NFC SB contender, because there just won't be any real holes on the team by then.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:40 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I hope they do but I'm not hopeful. The Bills will probably shred them.
Will Allen be on the field enough to shred them?

I actually hope the Bills win but I don’t think they will. They’re going to give up 300 yards on the ground and the Ravens will get enough pressure to disrupt a few drives, and I think that’ll be enough.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:12 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I feel like Ravens would keep safeties high, play a lot of man press and rush 4 this time around vs kc
This is why I’m ok with Sammy not playing this week. I just don’t think we’re gonna need him against the Browns, but we absolutely need them against Baltimore’s secondary. No game is a gimme obviously, but I just look at Cleveland’s secondary and DL and feel like Reek, Kelce, Bell, Hardman, Keizer (jk) can bring enough to crush their bottom 10 pass defense. But against Humphries, and Peters we def need Sammys blocking, and playoff experience.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:38 PM 01-16-2021
I wonder how tight daquix sphincter is right now?
[Reply]
notorious 06:45 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I wonder how tight daquix sphincter is right now?
Probably loosened up a bit.

Thumbs up in there will do that.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:54 PM 01-16-2021
Are the Bills still the hottest team in the NFL?
[Reply]
Lzen 08:59 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Are the Bills still the hottest team in the NFL?
They may still win this game but they aren't impressive by any means.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:01 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
They haven't been impressive two weeks in a row.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Cleveland looks like a tougher out than these two.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 100
« First < 41818788899091 92939495 > Last »
Up