ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So what do we think of Buffalo and Cleveland.
Buehler445 12:04 AM 03-07-2021
So we’ve had time to come to terms with the Super Bowl and 2020 in general.

Plus I think we’ve hashed through what actually happened in the Super Bowl and know pretty much where we’re at in the hierarchy of things.

So I’m interested to know what we all think of Cleveland and Buffalo.

Personally, I understand there were some trolls for Buffalo that were annoying but I didn’t have trouble tuning them out. I’m kind of rooting for Cleveland. I know we can find reasons to hate everybody and I’m a pretty much fuck every non-chief out there, but I find myself dragging my feet on hating these guys.

I’m so sick of the same assbag franchises in the AFC playoffs. It was so goddamned refreshing that it wasn’t Indy, brotherfucking cheatriot, Steelers or Ravens. I’d much rather roll through more teams consistently (except Donk - Fuck Donk Forever) while we dominate. But if it’s these guys for awhile as long as we dominate I guess I’m good. No real bad apples, I mean yeah Buffalo got chippy as we ripped their souls out, but I’ll take that over cheap shots on Mahomes from Judon or whatever.

Where are you guys at?
[Reply]
eDave 12:07 AM 03-07-2021
Neither have Patrick Mahomes. Both are fucked and will spend the next 10 years building to beat KC in the regular season.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:10 AM 03-07-2021
I think we're going back to the SB
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:12 AM 03-07-2021
They are like what we used to be before we had Pat.

It’s cute. They think they can win. It’s just so super adorable.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:25 AM 03-07-2021
I know I'm in the minority here-

but if we didn't convert on fourth down in the Cleveland game, we were going to lose.

I think Andy thought that too, and that's why he went for it.

Ballsiest call I can remember to be honest. I couldn't believe he did it.

But Baker would've drove them down and beat us.

I don't feel that way about Allen.

Yeah, I know, everyone here hates Mayfield.

Cleveland will be a contender. The Bills will too, but I don't see the same thing with Allen.

It doesn't matter, we have Mahomes and as long as Veach competently puts a team around him, we'll win most of them.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:35 AM 03-07-2021
Cleveland is legit.

I think we are seeing a major shift in the hierarchy of the AFC.

Good thing, too....Will keep the Chiefs motivated to remain a top tier team, if Pat's contract doesn't already do that.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:40 AM 03-07-2021
Have another draft like last year and we’ll be back in the SB barring awful luck with injuries.

It’s that simple.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:50 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Have another draft like last year and we’ll be back in the SB barring awful luck with injuries.

It’s that simple.
No doubt.

There's Mahomes...

and then there's the rest moving forward.

but the balance of power in the league has shifted.

Cleveland and Buffalo will be contenders moving forward.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:50 AM 03-07-2021
I was always so slow to buy into any Chiefs team prior to the 2018 AFCCG, I have a really hard time not just seeing the Browns and Bills in that group of 'everyone else' until they prove otherwise..... and at the moment, that means beating the Chiefs in the playoffs. And both have a ways to go in that regard.

It was nice to see some new teams... granted, in the long run I'd prefer a great rivalry or two to emerge (of course, with the Chiefs winning the vast majority of epic playoff games) as opposed to new teams every few years.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:51 AM 03-07-2021
I'm a fan of Cleveland as long as they lose to KC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:00 AM 03-07-2021
Buffalo has a much higher ceiling than Cleveland.

Everybody loves Cleveland because they look like a vintage balanced football team. It's nostalgia.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:06 AM 03-07-2021
I'd rather they get a chance in the limelight to lose to the Chiefs in the playoffs instead of the Steelers, Patriots, and every other same ol' same ol' AFC team.

Hopefully the Jaguars get their shit going, and we can have a new 10-20 year rule in the AFC, where the good teams have been completely flip-flopped.

Not the Raiders and Donks, though. They can stay bad forever.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:01 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Everybody loves Cleveland because they look like a vintage balanced football team. It's nostalgia.
You know...

I get that. I do.

And it is a balanced football team.

But in that play-off game, when we lined up on fourth down, and we all assumed it was to try to draw them offsides...I thought we were fucked. I had no doubt Mayfield was going to drive them down and beat us. And I think any Chiefs fan who says otherwise is bullshitting.

I don't ever feel like that with Allen. I know he's more physically talented. I just don't ever feel like he's going to do that. Like...he's good, but he doesn't have...that thing.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:02 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Buffalo's ceiling: Rivers era Chargers.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:04 AM 03-07-2021
I meant more along the lines of 0-Donk how much do you hate them?

Personally it was damned refreshing to have different teams in the mix.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up