Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>GEHA Field at Arrowhead
Third Eye 03:15 PM 03-04-2021
Well, that just happened.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...owhead-Stadium
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:30 PM 03-04-2021
GEHA....reallly??? G...E....H...A is the best an NFL team can do.
[Reply]
JD10367 06:38 PM 03-04-2021
Gay, huh?

Could be worse. Before it was Gillette the Patriots stadium was briefly CMGI Field. "Cum guy."
[Reply]
Pablo 06:51 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Gay, huh?

Could be worse. Before it was Gillette the Patriots stadium was briefly CMGI Field. "Cum guy."
Those Massholes always have dude dick on the brain.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:54 PM 03-04-2021
"We're gonna GEHA the hell out of you"

:-)

The Clarks need more money.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:02 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
It was just a matter of time.
Yep. The writing was on the wall last year.

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a shitty name. Sure, it's supposed to be pronounced as the letters, but it won't be. GEHA. Rhymes with yeehaw and heehaw.

Heehaw Field at Arrowhead Stadium. I can fucking hear it now.

Thanks, Clark. :-)
[Reply]
BigChiefTN 09:49 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Who cares?

This will be just be an additional revenue stream that the Chiefs can use to upgrade the facility or more importantly, provide more cash to use as signing bonuses and guaranteed contracts.

Outside of the weekly broadcast announcing team, no one will refer to it as anything other than Arrowhead.
Are you sure that revenue for naming rights can be used for signing bonuses/ guaranteed contracts? My guess is that not a dime will go towards facilty upgrades- They just let the taxpayers fund all of that. I think that most/ if not all of this $$$ is going to line Clarks pockets.... I doubt that Lamar would agree to anything remotely close to this.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:05 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefTN:
Are you sure that revenue for naming rights can be used for signing bonuses/ guaranteed contracts? My guess is that not a dime will go towards facilty upgrades- They just let the taxpayers fund all of that. I think that most/ if not all of this $$$ is going to line Clarks pockets.... I doubt that Lamar would agree to anything remotely close to this.
Seriously? You think taxpayer money is the primary funding vehicle for all operations and facility upgrades? Is this for real?

Can't wait for that 'Andy Reid salary increase' referendum next year in Jackson County.

The NFL has a salary cap. They don't care if you deal drugs to get the money as long as you stay within its confines.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:11 PM 03-04-2021
Im fine with them selling it but GEHA is probably the most horribly named company in the world. Makes it easy for opposing fans to poke fun. Might as well be Anal Beads R Us Field at Arrowhead Stadium.

I fucking hate the name of that company, always have.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 10:34 PM 03-04-2021
I worked for GEHA 20 years ago when I lived in Kansas City. It is a non-profit Health Insurance Company for Federal Employees. Anyone that I worked with is not there anymore. They never did any advertising for the 17 years that I worked there.

I would like to know why they are paying the Chiefs to have the field in their name. Their income is from the monthly fee that comes out of the Federal Employees paychecks. How much are they paying the Chiefs to have the field in their name. It seems that they are just using tax payers money to pay for it. It kind of pointless.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:40 PM 03-04-2021
Presenting the Taxslayer.com Gaytor Bowl live from Gayha Field at Arrowhead Stadium!
[Reply]
hometeam 11:23 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I worked for GEHA 20 years ago when I lived in Kansas City. It is a non-profit Health Insurance Company for Federal Employees. Anyone that I worked with is not there anymore. They never did any advertising for the 17 years that I worked there.

I would like to know why they are paying the Chiefs to have the field in their name. Their income is from the monthly fee that comes out of the Federal Employees paychecks. How much are they paying the Chiefs to have the field in their name. It seems that they are just using tax payers money to pay for it. It kind of pointless.
the NFL is a not for profit also.

Thats just paperwork bruh.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 11:04 AM 03-05-2021
I can see their first commercial now, instead of a gecko they'll have Yosemite Sam chasing Jim Thorpe around the infield and wildly shooting at him and his horse Warpaint!
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:30 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
How does one pronounce "GEHA"
Guillotine = Tomahawk Chop
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:33 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Well they made it easy for everyone to keep calling it Arrowhead - how the F does someone easily say "GEHA"?

Edit: in b4 "gay"
this is what we get when we make acronyms for every fucking thing on the planet :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:36 PM 03-05-2021
Are you sure that revenue for naming rights can be used for signing bonuses/ guaranteed contracts?
Yes

My guess is that not a dime will go towards facilty upgrades- They just let the taxpayers fund all of that.
Wrong

I think that most/ if not all of this $$$ is going to line Clarks pockets.... I doubt that Lamar would agree to anything remotely close to this.
Wrong
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up