ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tequila connoisseurs - Advice
TNTEICHER 12:31 PM 03-03-2021
I have love of tequila and would like advice. Am looking for a 100% agave resposado.
[Reply]
burt 12:42 PM 03-04-2021
Y'all are a bunch of label snobs!! I sip Giro. Sauza's bottom of the barrel. LOVE IT!!! AND it's cheap! When I want to "be classy" I drink 100 Anos. Still cheap. Still Sauza.
[Reply]
burt 12:45 PM 03-04-2021
SAUZA GIRO GOLD TEQUILA
$10.52

Giro tequila is a value brand and qualifies as a mix to tequila meaning that it will be at least 50% distilled of agave (with the remainder other types of distilled alcohol–possibly grain). Gold tequila–despite the color–is typically unaged. 40% abv 80 proof
[Reply]
burt 12:48 PM 03-04-2021
Rating
So tonight, it's Sauza 100 Anos Reposado Tequila. For the price point ($22!) it's hard to beat, delicious: smooth, butterscotch flavors and honeycomb throughout with a hint of spice and white pepper on the finish. Will buy again!
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:07 PM 03-04-2021
I should splurge at some point and try some good tequila... I've only had the cheap stuff, and almost always in mixers to make it tolerable.

I assume like with the difference in cheap bourbon, at the very least a good bottle of tequila would be much smoother, if not also tasting significantly different/better and not just harsh boozyness with a taste fairly similar to when it comes back up. :-)
[Reply]
burt 01:18 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I should splurge at some point and try some good tequila... I've only had the cheap stuff, and almost always in mixers to make it tolerable.

I assume like with the difference in cheap bourbon, at the very least a good bottle of tequila would be much smoother, if not also tasting significantly different/better and not just harsh boozyness with a taste fairly similar to when it comes back up. :-)
I drink the Giro,a VALUE brand, on the rocks just like I drink Crown. Ice is my only "mixer" and I never have it come back up. But the 100 anos is much smother.

Like someone else stated, I don't do silver. Silver lacks taste.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:40 PM 03-04-2021
Is this you

I always thought you were full of shit, now it's suddenly a fact.

Originally Posted by burt:
Rating
So tonight, it's Sauza 100 Anos Reposado Tequila. For the price point ($22!) it's hard to beat, delicious: smooth, butterscotch flavors and honeycomb throughout with a hint of spice and white pepper on the finish. Will buy again!

[Reply]
burt 08:46 AM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Is this you

I always thought you were full of shit, now it's suddenly a fact.
nope.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:54 AM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

The differences between a good tequila and a crappy tequila are MUCH MORE pronounced than those in bourbon, in my opinion. Like... they can seem almost entirely unrelated. A good sipping tequila tastes absolutely amazing. A few of my friends are really into tequila, but my wife and I are much more into mezcal (Mezcal:Tequila:Scotch:Bourbon) imo.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:27 AM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by NewChief:
The differences between a good tequila and a crappy tequila are MUCH MORE pronounced than those in bourbon, in my opinion. Like... they can seem almost entirely unrelated. A good sipping tequila tastes absolutely amazing. A few of my friends are really into tequila, but my wife and I are much more into mezcal (Mezcal:Tequila:Scotch:Bourbon) imo.
Thanks, I suspected that could be the case... my understanding is outside of like a rye, a bourbon mash bill doesn't necessarily differ a crazy amount, so outside of other variables like age or a single barrel, etc; in my mind it wouldn't differ as much as 50% sugar and awfulness versus 100% agave.

And with my n00b bourbon palate, bad bourbon is either too harsh and/or relatively flavorless, so as long as good tequila doesn't lose flavor over the crap, it has a lot of room for improvement.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:58 AM 03-05-2021
Casa Dragones
[Reply]
Goodys 08:08 PM 03-05-2021
Dos Atres extra anejo is awesome there repsoda is also very good.
[Reply]
Sorry 08:40 PM 03-05-2021
Corralejo repasado is fire and a great price at costco right now. Mixes well
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:57 PM 03-05-2021
Been a fan for over 20+ years

Originally Posted by Sorry:
Corralejo repasado is fire and a great price at costco right now. Mixes well

[Reply]
suzzer99 11:53 PM 03-05-2021
I don't know if this should be in another thread - but I've become a massive mescal connoisseur since I got back from my trip through Mexico. The only annoying thing is the best stuff was like $1 in Oaxaca (if you bring your own bottle) and here the same stuff is up to $210 a bottle.

I think my favorite regular drinker is El Silencio.

My favorite ever that I bought in the sates is this:

But of course everything in Oaxaca was better - the setting and price might have helped.
[Reply]
NewChief 12:02 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I don't know if this should be in another thread - but I've become a massive mescal connoisseur since I got back from my trip through Mexico. The only annoying thing is the best stuff was like $1 in Oaxaca (if you bring your own bottle) and here the same stuff is up to $210 a bottle.

I think my favorite regular drinker is El Silencio.

My favorite ever that I bought in the sates is this:

But of course everything on Oaxaca was better - the setting and price might have helped.
Yep. Developing a mezcal habit in Oaxaca is a very bad idea. The price differences are nuts. We just drink Vida most of the time because it’s regularly available and not crazy expensive. Bozal is another. I really prefer cuiche and Madre de cuiche varietals, but it’s just so damned expensive stateside. I would winter in Oaxaca if I could.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up