ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Positional Value in the 2021 Draft
Dante84 03:14 PM 03-01-2021
Note: this is all debatable and subject to change, feel free to weigh in and I can adjust.

So, there's a few positions we can cross off:
Focusing on our biggest needs, pick your order:
Of those needs, it seems like these are the positions of greatest depth of talent:
...and of those needs, it seems like these are the positions of least depth of talent:
...because of the above, I would not be shocked to see Veach go after an Edge or an OT at 31, or, if one of the 2 blue chip LB's fall, possibly a LB.

Obviously we will likely go BPA over Positional Need - but the truth is that the best play is a slight mix of both.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:27 PM 03-01-2021
I think this edge rusher class definitely has more depth than just the first 2 rounds. The knock is moreso about the top of the class. There aren’t any top 5-10 guys, but there will be some talent available into day 2.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:30 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think this edge rusher class definitely has more depth than just the first 2 rounds. The knock is moreso about the top of the class. There aren’t any top 5-10 guys, but there will be some talent available into day 2.
I hear you. I just haven't seen anyone I really like outside of the first handful of names.

Who are some of your Edge sleepers in the mid rounds?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:35 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I hear you. I just haven't seen anyone I really like outside of the first handful of names.

Who are some of your Edge sleepers in the mid rounds?
Payton Turner, Houston
Elerson Smith, Northern Iowa
Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh
Cam Sample, Tulane
Janarius Robinson, FSU
Jonathan Cooper, Ohio St.
Adetokunbo Ogundeji, Notre Dame
[Reply]
Dante84 03:53 PM 03-01-2021
Okay, I went and pulled Tony Pauline's Big Board, focusing on the top 175, for our positions of need. He didn't call out Edge as it's own position, so I added OLB/Edge and DE/Edge because I didn't want to sort through.

Center (6)
Spoiler!

Guard (12)
Spoiler!

DE/Edge (16)
Spoiler!

OLB/Edge (9)
Spoiler!

WR (29)
Spoiler!

OT (18)
Spoiler!

DT (10)
Spoiler!

ILB (12)
Spoiler!

CB (22)
Spoiler!

TE (7)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
The Franchise 04:09 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Payton Turner, Houston
Elerson Smith, Northern Iowa
Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh
Cam Sample, Tulane
Janarius Robinson, FSU
Jonathan Cooper, Ohio St.
Adetokunbo Ogundeji, Notre Dame
Robinson is my dude.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:13 PM 03-01-2021
Sorry but Pauline's rankings are pretty bad.

I didn't get past the guards.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:15 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sorry but Pauline's rankings are pretty bad.

I didn't get past the guards.
Yeah I just saw he had Moses as the #1 LB. Jesus.

Wish I would have spot checked before doing all that copy/pasting. Goddamnit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:23 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Yeah I just saw he had Moses as the #1 LB. Jesus.

Wish I would have spot checked before doing all that copy/pasting. Goddamnit.
He had Rashawn Slater in the guards and the #37 player overall.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:37 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Robinson is my dude.
He’s becoming a favorite of mine when I don’t get a DE early in the simulators.

High upside and great value on day 3.

FSU is a mess and I’m pretty sure they’ll have many prospects that turn out to be better pros than college players. Kind of like Miami years ago.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:38 PM 03-01-2021
Yea Pauline is pretty bad. The fact that he doesn’t have Turner in his top 175 is a joke.
[Reply]
O.city 04:48 PM 03-01-2021
I woudln't be upset with the OU C at 31
[Reply]
staylor26 05:35 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I woudln't be upset with the OU C at 31
I think it’s a legitimate possibility that many will overlook due to where most have Humphrey now. But he was a guy that was considered a 1st rounder for a while.

I know it will piss people off, but I think Dickerson is a possibility as well. I know the injury history scares everybody, but all the more reliable guys have him as a fringe 1st rounder. That probably means he’s viewed that way by many in the NFL.

I’d prefer to trade down if we take one of those guys, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they took 1 at 31.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:01 PM 03-01-2021
I'd much rather have Humphrey than Dickerson, and it's not even close.

I think Humphrey might slip to the middle of the 2nd round but to take him at 31 wouldn't be a huge reach.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:17 PM 03-01-2021
I wouldn't cross off QB or RB.

They aren't necessarily big needs but they aren't excludable in my opinion.

They've been exploring young backup QBs via UDFA/UFA routes the past couple seasons. If one falls late they like, I wouldn't put it past them to take one.

I definitely wouldn't take off RB just yet. I could see them using a 4th 5th or so on one if the right guy is sitting out there. A guy like Kylin Hill would be a good get to take some of the load off of Clyde.

There is no guarantee the Chiefs won't release Damien Williams to save 2.2 million in cap and Darrel is a free agent I'm sure they'd like to retain but they aren't likely going to tender him.

As for FB, I don't know if the Chiefs will retain the Sausage, but if they don't and Ben Mason is there in the 6th I'd be awful tempted.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up