ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Guys, it's not negotiable. You need to give Mahomes premium weapons in your mocks.
Direckshun 12:58 PM 02-26-2021
The Bucs were probably going to win the Super Bowl no matter what, but we are deluding ourselves if we are creating mock offseasons that don't give Mahomes at least 2 more premium weapons.

We routinely get excellent mock offseasons on this forum, and this week has been no exception, but c'mon.

You need to either give Mahomes a top flight #2 and #3 receiving option, or you need to give him a top flight #2 WR and a top flight #2 TE.

Teams are going to throw all their resources at Kelce and Hill in 2021. You can't snag one really good WR and wipe your hands clean of the problem -- you need multiple tertiary options because someone's going to get injured in or around 2021.

I know there's a ton of needs, but protecting Mahomes and giving him more weapons need to be at the top of the list, and if your mock offseason doesn't, it's not passing the smell test here.
[Reply]
el borracho 09:53 PM 03-04-2021
What does everyone think about Imatorbhebhe at the end of the 5th?

[Reply]
kccrow 10:11 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
For Dyami it is not about deal breaking as deal making. I don't see anything that doesn't say more than just a guy NFL.

He has good size but doesn't use it. Doesn't have go get the ball ability or burner traits. And the route running is not NFL plus either.

So he will be playable in the NFL. Just don't see impact..kinda different but I felt similarly when Zay Jones was being promoted over Godwin and JuJu.
No offense to you personally, I just don't agree on his route running at all and neither does about 99.999% of everyone else that watches him. I don't know what you're watching to give you that opinion if I'm trying to be honest with you. If you think that a guy like Marshall runs good routes and Dyami Brown doesn't, then I think I'd ask you to explain it in extreme detail because your opinion doesn't match not only mine but anybody else's that critiques it.

Rashod Bateman and Dyami Brown are two of the most prolific route runners in this class, yet I see you routinely champion other receivers based on some other trait, whether it be size or agility, and neither is in any way indicative of route running acumen. You can watch Brown ditch really good CBs like Samuel, AJ Terrell, and the list goes on because he has A+ foot quickness, has a great burst off the line, and flips his hips extremely quick in stride to produce crisp routes for a college player.

As for speed, Brown ran a 4.49 when he got to NC and I'd assume he'd run in the mid 4.4s now. That's no slouch by any means.

Now, I will give you that he doesn't go get the ball in hard traffic as strongly as some receivers but in a group of those of equivocal size, I'd say he does it adequately. He's not going to be the same as a 6'3" 220 receiver whose entire game is largely predicated on doing exactly that.

I was equivocally high on Chris Godwin coming out. Bateman is alot like him and maybe even better as a prospect. Brown is solidly 20 lbs lighter and an inch shorter than either of them. They are not identical comparisons.

I think a very favorable comp in the NFL right now is Robert Woods.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:46 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
No offense to you personally, I just don't agree on his route running at all and neither does about 99.999% of everyone else that watches him. I don't know what you're watching to give you that opinion if I'm trying to be honest with you. If you think that a guy like Marshall runs good routes and Dyami Brown doesn't, then I think I'd ask you to explain it in extreme detail because your opinion doesn't match not only mine but anybody else's that critiques it.

Rashod Bateman and Dyami Brown are two of the most prolific route runners in this class, yet I see you routinely champion other receivers based on some other trait, whether it be size or agility, and neither is in any way indicative of route running acumen. You can watch Brown ditch really good CBs like Samuel, AJ Terrell, and the list goes on because he has A+ foot quickness, has a great burst off the line, and flips his hips extremely quick in stride to produce crisp routes for a college player.

As for speed, Brown ran a 4.49 when he got to NC and I'd assume he'd run in the mid 4.4s now. That's no slouch by any means.

Now, I will give you that he doesn't go get the ball in hard traffic as strongly as some receivers but in a group of those of equivocal size, I'd say he does it adequately. He's not going to be the same as a 6'3" 220 receiver whose entire game is largely predicated on doing exactly that.

I was equivocally high on Chris Godwin coming out. Bateman is alot like him and maybe even better as a prospect. Brown is solidly 20 lbs lighter and an inch shorter than either of them. They are not identical comparisons.

I think a very favorable comp in the NFL right now is Robert Woods.
No offense need be taken. I want people to overdraft Dyami Brown in fantasy. You are right , analytics Twitter loves Dyami.

I don't see Robert Woods at all.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:10 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
What does everyone think about Imatorbhebhe at the end of the 5th?

Another guy that seems to always be there in the mid rounds. From that highlight reel, everything looks good. Great hands, fights for the ball, separates in space. It would be nice to have him or someone of his stature on goal to go across from Kelce.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:15 AM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Another guy that seems to always be there in the mid rounds. From that highlight reel, everything looks good. Great hands, fights for the ball, separates in space. It would be nice to have him or someone of his stature on goal to go across from Kelce.
I like that kid a LOT. I've been reading up on him; only knock is relative lack of experience. Seems like a perfect mid round high reward pick.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:31 AM 03-05-2021
I also really like Amari Rodgers. He's like a RB when he has the ball in his hands. I think that kid could be a real weapon in a Reid offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:36 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I also really like Amari Rodgers. He's like a RB when he has the ball in his hands. I think that kid could be a real weapon in a Reid offense.
I agree. That's the kind of guy we really need.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:39 PM 03-05-2021
He’ll probably be an UDFA but I’d love to bring in K.J. Stepherson if he has his off the field shit fixed.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:02 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He’ll probably be an UDFA but I’d love to bring in K.J. Stepherson if he has his off the field shit fixed.
Kid was electric. What else went on aside from the shoplifting? I don't even remember anymore.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:12 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Kid was electric. What else went on aside from the shoplifting? I don't even remember anymore.
I believe driving without a license and then marijuana on the same day. Next day was shoplifting.

I’d give him a chance. Reid seems to want to help guys like that.
[Reply]
In58men 07:38 PM 03-05-2021
Scat back, reminds me of Dexter McCluster. I’m good.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:29 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Scat back, reminds me of Dexter McCluster. I’m good.
a what?

He's a WR.

He's 210 pounds at 5'10'.

He's nothing at all like McCluster.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 08:44 PM 03-05-2021
a what?

He's a WR.

He's 210 pounds at 5'10'.

He's nothing at all like McCluster.
He's a good fit for our new "Air Smurf" offense

Jk, I'm sure he'll be a good player but I'm good on these types unless we already have another big body type on the outside
[Reply]
kccrow 09:12 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:

Jk, I'm sure he'll be a good player but I'm good on these types unless we already have another big body type on the outside
Fuck, lol. Legitimately spit my coffee on the screen.

I love it... "Air Smurf" hahaha

While I can agree that it might be time to stop being fascinated with these little 5'9" shits, Reid isn't likely to go far off to the other spectrum either. 6'1" 210 is generally big for him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:19 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:

He's the same weight as Sammy Watkins.

He's just a little shorter. But that doesn't mean he's small.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up