ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Rondale Moore
kcbubb 11:15 AM 02-24-2021
Could he fall to us? Short area quickness and ability to break tackles for big plays is unreal. He will be open with Hill going deep and Kelce taking up attention.

https://youtu.be/1EACeAyqslI

https://youtu.be/qm_fYPuloNY
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:20 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
If he’s healthy, I like him. I’ve seen some that like ladarius toney, but Moore is harder to tackle. He breaks more tackles, makes quicker cuts and accelerates faster than toney. Toney is taller but not built as solid. His balance is not as good as Moore. Moore is a better fit if your goal is to make short passes into long gains by breaking tackles in zone coverage or getting open quickly against man. Moore or someone like him is a better fit.
Which Rondale Moore?

2018?

He evens runs differently now, now looks like a short guy that is a long-strider. Injured the same hamstring twice and he is not the same player.

Read the comments...

[Reply]
kcbubb 11:39 AM 02-27-2021
Fair point... can he get healthy? I’m not sure. If he can, I like him better than toney. Even then, we need a guy more like Moore. He’s a better fit than toney. Is there another wr that’s like him that we could get?

Scouts Take on Moore: He's an impressively built player. Thick and low to the ground, but shifty. When you watch him, his strength and compact frame hold true to his game. Although Purdue primarily uses him underneath, he shows the speed to run past guys. Where he's special though is his wiggle and making people miss in space. His C.O.D. (change of direction) is outstanding and he's a handful in the slot. Not quite as polished as a route runner, but I see a little bit of Cooks (Brandin) in him. If he shows he can play near the level he did a few years ago, he'll have chance to be drafted in a similar range. There will be someone comfortable with his size and upside." -- AFC West scout

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...y-2020-outlook
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:57 AM 02-27-2021
Fair point... can he get healthy? I’m not sure. If he can, I like him better than toney. Even then, we need a guy more like Moore. He’s a better fit than toney. Is there another wr that’s like him that we could get?

Scouts Take on Moore: He's an impressively built player. Thick and low to the ground, but shifty. When you watch him, his strength and compact frame hold true to his game. Although Purdue primarily uses him underneath, he shows the speed to run past guys. Where he's special though is his wiggle and making people miss in space. His C.O.D. (change of direction) is outstanding and he's a handful in the slot. Not quite as polished as a route runner, but I see a little bit of Cooks (Brandin) in him. If he shows he can play near the level he did a few years ago, he'll have chance to be drafted in a similar range. There will be someone comfortable with his size and upside." -- AFC West scout

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...y-2020-outlook
We need a guy that can get open and make plays when too much attention is placed on Tyreek and Kelce.

So guys that work for me are:

Bateman
Toney
Seth Williams

If you like what Rondale Moore was in 2018 then here is a guy we might be able to grab in the 5th or 6th. Last year my sleepers were Mooney and Duvernay.

[Reply]
kcbubb 12:15 PM 02-27-2021
Bateman and Williams aren’t shifty, make you miss guys that can bust a zone with their change of direction. Toney might be. Darden is built pretty thin, not a tackle breaker in space.

What about amari Rodgers later in the draft? Moore, if healthy, is better for the mold that I think we need to help mahomes and our oline.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:17 PM 02-27-2021
Bateman and Williams aren’t shifty, make you miss guys that can bust a zone with their change of direction. Toney might be. Darden is built pretty thin, not a tackle breaker in space.

What about amari Rodgers later in the draft? Moore, if healthy, is better for the mold that I think we need to help mahomes and our oline.
Would you have drafted Chris Godwin, DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, or Kenny Golladay?!

What if Allen Robinson signed here?

There are multiple weapon types that can expand this offense.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:45 PM 02-27-2021
I do wonder if Bateman may have put himself over Waddle in the draft today. He's already a better pure receiver that fits any scheme, in my opinion, and now he proved he runs sub-4.4.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:04 PM 02-27-2021
I think you guys are far too high on Seth Williams unless you're talking late 3rd or 4th round with the hope he cleans some things up. I don't think I could take him before 4. He gets poor releases and doesn't use his hands well to fight the press. He runs very poor routes. His effort and consistency are lacking more often than you like. He isn't the least bit explosive. The two things he has going for him is he has good size and he "usually" has good hands. I don't think he's a Reid receiver, and if he is it's not early.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:29 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think you guys are far too high on Seth Williams unless you're talking late 3rd or 4th round with the hope he cleans some things up. I don't think I could take him before 4. He gets poor releases and doesn't use his hands well to fight the press. He runs very poor routes. His effort and consistency are lacking more often than you like. He isn't the least bit explosive. The two things he has going for him is he has good size and he "usually" has good hands. I don't think he's a Reid receiver, and if he is it's not early.
You could say the same things about Chase and DK Metcalf as far as hand use and getting better off press as college prospects.

I only care when it's really bad like Aiyuk last year.

Seth Williams is an absolute monster and he's going to be impossible to move. If we add him it is lights out for NFL defenses.

Tyreek Hill, Seth Williams, Travis Kelce

Checkmate.

Reid receiver..hmm, all I noticed in the Super Bowl was anyone not named Tyreek or Travis not doing jack squat. I like him better than Pittman and I remember Pittman listed 3rd round or later around this time before that draft. It wasn't till a few weeks before that he was moved up.

Then again, I thought McLaurin was a 1st round talent and he didn't go till the 3rd. Thought Godwin was early 2nd and he went in the 3rd.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:11 PM 02-27-2021
I'd recommend revisiting Jhamon Ausbon if you like Williams. I think Ausbon is a little quicker and offers the same traits as Williams.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:59 PM 02-27-2021
I'd recommend revisiting Jhamon Ausbon if you like Williams. I think Ausbon is a little quicker and offers the same traits as Williams.
He's shorter, much smaller and slower but I'll give it a look.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:03 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He's shorter, much smaller and slower but I'll give it a look.
He's not slower, at least by a wide margin. A tad smaller, but legit 6'2" and 210. Much quicker in his breaks and in the open field.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:14 PM 02-27-2021
He's not slower, at least by a wide margin. A tad smaller, but legit 6'2" and 210. Much quicker in his breaks and in the open field.
The difference between 4.5 and 4.6 is a lot for an NFL receiver. As is 15 lbs.

As I said, I'll take a look.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:31 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The difference between 4.5 and 4.6 is a lot for an NFL receiver. As is 15 lbs.

As I said, I'll take a look.
I'd be more surprised if Ausbon ran that slow than I would Williams. Don't know where the numbers come from, but they don't look right on tape.
[Reply]
In58men 11:55 AM 02-28-2021
Just came across this TikTok

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMejxRM5N/
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:34 PM 02-28-2021
I cooled off on him. Hes always hurt and his production continued to decline in college
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up