ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Rondale Moore
kcbubb 11:15 AM 02-24-2021
Could he fall to us? Short area quickness and ability to break tackles for big plays is unreal. He will be open with Hill going deep and Kelce taking up attention.

https://youtu.be/1EACeAyqslI

https://youtu.be/qm_fYPuloNY
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:03 PM 02-24-2021
Hey, I'm a Curtis Samuels fan. And this guy has a lot of Samuels in him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:22 PM 02-24-2021
He's a guy that would probably be there at 31. He won't last much past that I don't think.
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:54 PM 02-24-2021
we need a wr that can get open on short routes (besides hill and kelce) so Mahomes can get rid of the ball quickly. Hardman is a long strider and a better deep threat. His is ability to get open on short routes and break tackles is not ideal. We really don’t have anyone with close to the quick twitch of Rondale Moore when you exclude hill and kelce. Is he someone that Reid would target? Or is there someone later in the draft that could fill this role?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:16 PM 02-24-2021
He was really exciting a few years ago but has looked worse every year.

There might be some medical concerns.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:40 PM 02-24-2021
I like Rondale Moore, but the last thing this team needs is a 5'8" receiver at this point. 6'0"-6'2" would be more ideal, with the ability to play X.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I like Rondale Moore, but the last thing this team needs is a 5'8" receiver at this point. 6'0"-6'2" would be more ideal, with the ability to play X.
Chris Simms seems to think a fidgety slot receiver might be a good thing...
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:41 PM 02-24-2021
Why would that size be more ideal? The ideal would be to be open and create space quickly for easy throws under pressure. We have the best deep threat in hill. And the best te. We need someone with quickness to get open and let our qb get rid of the ball when under pressure on short routes. If the wr can do that, I’m not concerned with how tall they are.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:47 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Why would that size be more ideal? The ideal would be to be open and create space quickly for easy throws under pressure. We have the best deep threat in hill. And the best te. We need someone with quickness to get open and let our qb get rid of the ball when under pressure on short routes. If the wr can do that, I’m not concerned with how tall they are.
The Chiefs need an X, not a slot.

All the quickness in the world makes zero bit of difference when you're 5'8" 170 and NFL corners can knock you off your route at the LOS. And to top it off, you're not just going to get open against zone coverage with quickness.

The Chiefs struggle most against physical cover 2 teams that can jam at the line and play well in shallow zones. You need a thicker receiver that can consistently play against a physical corner with the awareness to find the soft spots.

If the Chiefs needed a prototypical slot that can operate off a free release at the line and do what you're insinuating here, Rondale would be one of the top guys on my list. They already have a good slot player in Hardman. People already bitch about taking a slot guy in the 2nd. The wheels would come off this place doing it in the 1st, which is where KC would most likely need to take Moore because it's improbable he's there at 63.
[Reply]
kcbubb 03:34 PM 02-25-2021
The Chiefs need an X, not a slot.

All the quickness in the world makes zero bit of difference when you're 5'8" 170 and NFL corners can knock you off your route at the LOS. And to top it off, you're not just going to get open against zone coverage with quickness.

The Chiefs struggle most against physical cover 2 teams that can jam at the line and play well in shallow zones. You need a thicker receiver that can consistently play against a physical corner with the awareness to find the soft spots.

If the Chiefs needed a prototypical slot that can operate off a free release at the line and do what you're insinuating here, Rondale would be one of the top guys on my list. They already have a good slot player in Hardman. People already bitch about taking a slot guy in the 2nd. The wheels would come off this place doing it in the 1st, which is where KC would most likely need to take Moore because it's improbable he's there at 63.
I see what you’re saying but Moore isn’t just a slot. He’s extremely physical and hard tackle, squats 600 lbs. I’d compare him more to a harder to physically tackle version of a young Antonio Brown, that’s what you’re hoping for at least. I don’t see hardman here long term. Hardman doesn’t have elite quickness, more straight line speed. And he’s not breaking any tackles. Moore and Hardman are very different in those traits. And Watkins is probably gone too.

Here’s the 600 lbs squat video and you can see that strength in those highlight reels with how hard he is to tackle and how well he gets off the line.

https://youtu.be/WpOc2J4PAAk
[Reply]
kcbubb 03:41 PM 02-25-2021
This probably explains it better...

Moore is a freak athletically. He clocked a 4.33-second 40 coming out of high school to go with a 42.7-inch vertical and 4.01-second short shuttle. Since his arrival in Lafayette, videos posted to social media show the 5-foot-9, 180-pound receiver benching over 400 pounds and squatting over 600. That elite-level explosiveness and strength will make him one of the most dangerous after-the-catch weapons in the NFL early in his professional career. He broke an astonishing 37 tackles back in 2018 alone, which still stands as the PFF record for most broken tackles after the catch by a Power 5 receiver in a single season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sta...-the-nfl-draft
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:02 PM 02-25-2021
Moore is basically a RB playing WR.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:08 PM 02-25-2021
There's a huge difference between Antonio Brown and Rondale Moore. I guess I'll leave it at that and say I hope they don't.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:34 PM 02-26-2021
Same hamstring.

On this night, however, Moore provides details on the 2019 hamstring injury against Minnesota, his second hamstring setback that prevented him from starting the 2020 season on time and why he thought he was a distraction.

His first hamstring injury happened against Minnesota in the fourth game of the 2019 season. Moore and quarterback Elijah Sindelar (broken clavicle) were injured on the same play.

“When I sat up, I saw Elijah down and I think he was attended to first and I didn’t know if they saw me or not,” Moore said.

He was diagnosed with Grade 1 hamstring strain, which knocked him out the rest of the season but didn’t require surgery. He suffered another hamstring injury in training camp prior to the 2020 season after he opt-ed back in but, “it was a different muscle but not the same injury but the same hamstring.”

https://www.southbendtribune.com/ron...648af.amp.html
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:14 AM 02-27-2021
If he’s healthy, I like him. I’ve seen some that like ladarius toney, but Moore is harder to tackle. He breaks more tackles, makes quicker cuts and accelerates faster than toney. Toney is taller but not built as solid. His balance is not as good as Moore. Moore is a better fit if your goal is to make short passes into long gains by breaking tackles in zone coverage or getting open quickly against man. Moore or someone like him is a better fit.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up