ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 319
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
well, you know, the other guys get paid too.

I mean sometimes that's the way it goes. The best offenses in football history have punted on occasion.

We legitimately have room for ONE offensive weapon to be added that would be of any real impact, to be a healthy Sammy Watkins role in this offense. I mean there's only one football. That's really it. ONE.

We have two of the most potent weapons in the league. We have another so far underutilized weapon in CEH. I think a regular offseason makes a difference there. (oh, and maybe some better blocking.)

Yeah, I mean, we could use a legit #2 that could actually play every week. But it's not like we're hurting for weapons.

We're literally trotting out trash at 40% of our offensive line to START WITH. Before injuries.

and yeah, Reiter SUCKS. I don't care what PFF says. Wylie BLOWS. They're bad. They're back-up level guys and shouldn't be starting on a Super Bowl caliber team.
Hill and Kelce are to the receiving group what Fisher and Schwartz are to the line.

They're all very, very good and among the best in the game at their respective positions.

DRob and Hardman compare to Reiter and Wylie. They're simply not good enough.

Furthermore, all of this handwringing about the offensive line is due to injuries. What the fuck do you think is going to happen if we lose Kelce or Reek (or BOTH like we did Fisher and Schwartz for the Super Bowl?)

We need offensive line help. We need weapons. They're not mutually exclusive.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:22 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
and again, I'm half crocked, but my master bathroom shower was leaking into my kitchen, and I had to demo the walls around it because the drywall was ruined, and I'm re-tiling the whole thing and while it's going to look really great when I'm done...

yeah, I'm a box of wine down, 'cuz I'm classy. :-)
I had to tear up a drain pipe this weekend. Dumbass contractor installed a T joint upside down, which is why our sink ended up clogged.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:30 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I had to tear up a drain pipe this weekend. Dumbass contractor installed a T joint upside down, which is why our sink ended up clogged.
I feel your pain.

:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:36 AM 03-07-2021
Hill and Kelce are to the receiving group what Fisher and Schwartz are to the line.

They're all very, very good and among the best in the game at their respective positions.

Furthermore, all of this handwringing about the offensive line is due to injuries. What the **** do you think is going to happen if we lose Kelce or Reek (or BOTH like we did Fisher and Schwartz for the Super Bowl?)

They're absolutely not mutually exclusive, and like I said, I think Veach and Reid can walk and chew gum.

I also think Drob and Hardman are not = Reiter and Wylie.

I think Drob/Pringle are perfectly reasonable #3/#4 receivers.

I think Hardman is a bit of a knucklehead so far, but has talents that far exceed the typical #3/#4 receiver's. I think it's reasonable to assume he gets smarter as he learns.

I think Reiter is not a starting quality NFL Center. I think Wylie is a reasonably decent back-up lineman. I do not think either are starters, and We started the season with Reiter starting with Wylie taking LDT's spot. You'll notice that nearly any positive gain on the ground goes either left or wide right outside of Schwartz.

Wylie sucks. If he's penciled in to start, Veach has fucked up. If Reiter's penciled in to start, Veach has fucked up.

I'm 99% sure Veach will not fuck up.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:25 AM 03-07-2021
Picking at 31 we can't be committed to one position. We have to take what the draft gives us.

Draft whoever shouldn't even still be there.

Right now guys like

Jaylen Mayfield
Jaelan Phillips
Kadarius Toney

All make sense and can be great value at 31.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:24 PM 03-07-2021
And people said I was an idiot for saying we couldn’t afford Trent Williams. Y’all can lick my asshole

He said he wants to be back, but Trent Williams likely making it to the open market isn't being talked about enough. Still one of the best in the league at a prime position. He smartly put a clause in his deal that SF can't use the franchise tag.

Highest paid T is $23M per year.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) March 7, 2021

[Reply]
Sofa King 05:55 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
And people said I was an idiot for saying we couldn’t afford Trent Williams. Y’all can lick my asshole

Who even said this? It's pretty damn obvious we can't afford him. I think you're making this up.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:03 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Who even said this? It's pretty damn obvious we can't afford him. I think you're making this up.
It came up when talk of cutting Fisher and Schwartz retiring would clear a bunch of cap space.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:23 PM 03-07-2021

Furthermore, all of this handwringing about the offensive line is due to injuries. What the fuck do you think is going to happen if we lose Kelce or Reek (or BOTH like we did Fisher and Schwartz for the Super Bowl?)

The difference is that Reiter and Wylie get the same snap counts and Fisher and Schwartz, that not even close to being true of DRob and Hardman. Comparing a #3 and #4 WR to a starter along the offensive line is apples and oranges.

I mean do you think Kelce and Hill should get less targets? Because if you draft a WR in the first round, you are.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:16 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Picking at 31 we can't be committed to one position. We have to take what the draft gives us.

Draft whoever shouldn't even still be there.

Right now guys like

Jaylen Mayfield
Jaelan Phillips
Kadarius Toney

All make sense and can be great value at 31.
No, but I also don’t like the idea of just sitting and waiting if a good opportunity to trade up or down presents itself. If there’s a player you want that’s available around pick 20-25 maybe look into a trade up. Likewise, if the value may be similar 10 picks later and you can pick up an extra 3rd then consider that as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:25 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I mean do you think Kelce and Hill should get less targets? Because if you draft a WR in the first round, you are.
If the other receivers could get open, then hell yes
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:27 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If the other receivers could get open, then hell yes
Exactly. Add a legitimate X receiver and watch this offense take off. Kelce isnt getting younger and another weapon would free up Hill more.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:24 PM 03-07-2021
Veach floating that backup TE comment was very interesting. Makes me wonder if that is a priority since Kelce is turning 32 this year.

Maybe give him a few more breathers to stay fresh as he gets older to keep his productivity up.
[Reply]
-King- 11:44 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Veach floating that backup TE comment was very interesting. Makes me wonder if that is a priority since Kelce is turning 32 this year.

Maybe give him a few more breathers to stay fresh as he gets older to keep his productivity up.
Demetrius Harris looks like Antonio Gates compared to the players we've had at TE2 since he left.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:20 AM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

Hes also 32 so has a few more good years of football but he doesnt change the cap situation for this team. I think the smart money is seeing what Fisher has this year and draft a LT that can be the guy in the next few years thus helping your cap.
[Reply]
Page 161 of 319
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Up