ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jason Peters, your opening day starting LT in 2021
Wisconsin_Chief 09:45 PM 02-06-2021
That’s what’s happening. Then he’ll move to RT when Fisher is healthy, and Remmers moves to guard and we win 3 bowls in a row.

The end.

It’s almost getting too easy to predict.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ore-season-nfl
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:41 PM 02-07-2021
Peters @ 39 ? Our starting LT in 21 ? WTF?

Why not start paging Willie? Willie Roaf, step on down!

:-)

Good Grief people?
[Reply]
joethomas 01:44 PM 02-07-2021
let's sign free agents who aren't 40. hmm?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:12 PM 02-07-2021
They are going to have to throw bodies at the position. Andy traded for this guy, he knows the system and Andy is familiar with him. That’s the biggest trait Andy looks for in o-lineman is familiarity. He has to be comfortable with the guy. He can also play guard or right tackle and Reid loves versatility.

He’s chasing a ring and will be dirt cheap. I’m just saying, don’t be surprised to see him here next year. He can hold down the spot until Fisher is fully ready and provide veteran depth all across the line.

With all the uncertainty we are facing on the line I’m shocked so many people would have an issue bringing the guy in.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:21 PM 02-07-2021
Dude, Jason Peters WAS a beast. I would have loved to have him YEARS ago.

Now, he's NOT.

I certainly hope we can do better than Jason Peters.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:38 PM 02-07-2021
Well, here's the thing-

We can't throw dollars at this problem. Not like...legit starting OT money. We just can't.

If Peters can give you, say, Remmers level play for a year, then you do it, because it won't cost you.

There's also the fact that you're likely to have two first year OT's with Niang and a draftee to be named later, and who better to learn from?

It all depends on whether Reid and Veach think Peters has anything left in the tank at all.

I have no idea, honestly. I'll trust their opinions.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:59 PM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, here's the thing-

We can't throw dollars at this problem. Not like...legit starting OT money. We just can't.

If Peters can give you, say, Remmers level play for a year, then you do it, for a half dozen games because Fisher isn't back yet, a rookie isn't ready or somebody else is injured, you have to think about it, because it won't cost you.

There's also the fact that you're likely to have two first year OT's with Niang and a draftee to be named later...
FYP
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:00 PM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
FYP
actually, yes, exactly what I was getting at.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:03 PM 02-07-2021
think of it like when we brought in old man Suggs last year for the stretch run. Near 40, still just a little bit in the tank. He's not WHY we won, but he was a help.

Only this time it will be mostly in the early part of the season. Maybe until Fisher can go, or until the young'uns are ready.

And you know, as injury insurance.

I don't hate the idea.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:11 PM 02-07-2021
I'd be willing to bet my house that Fisher misses no more than 2 games.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:15 PM 02-07-2021
No thanks in regards to Peters. He's missed 20 games the last 4 seasons. He's done.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:17 PM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'd be willing to bet my house that Fisher misses no more than 2 games.
I think you'd lose your house.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:18 PM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
No thanks in regards to Peters. He's missed 20 games the last 4 seasons. He's done.
Maybe. I would trust Veach and Reid to do their due diligence.

I don't think anyone would be expecting him to play all season long at like...LT or anything.

As a short term stop-gap, maybe you can get a little out of him. He won't cost much. Nice mentor for the young'uns.

There's not much downside honestly. A roster spot I guess.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:21 PM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, here's the thing-

If Peters can give you, say, Remmers level play for a year, then you do it, because it won't cost you.

There's also the fact that you're likely to have two first year OT's with Niang and a draftee to be named later, and who better to learn from?

It all depends on whether Reid and Veach think Peters has anything left in the tank at all.

I have no idea, honestly. I'll trust their opinions.
Exactly, you get it. There is no money to throw at anyone, so guys like Peters will be the best we can do in free agency while we figure out the long term situation. I’m fully expecting several early picks on the o-line, but those guys might need time before we can count on them.

Peters can still give you a few good games next year at a very low price. That will be important for this team.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:50 PM 02-07-2021

Here's the Chiefs' pregame offensive line:

LT Mike Remmers
LG Nick Allegretti
C Austin Reiter
RG Stefen Wisniewski
RT Andrew Wylie

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) February 7, 2021

[Reply]
mkp785 10:34 PM 02-07-2021
Sooooo maybe?