ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jason Peters, your opening day starting LT in 2021
Wisconsin_Chief 09:45 PM 02-06-2021
That’s what’s happening. Then he’ll move to RT when Fisher is healthy, and Remmers moves to guard and we win 3 bowls in a row.

The end.

It’s almost getting too easy to predict.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ore-season-nfl
[Reply]
-King- 12:49 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nobody would be thrilled about having to start Peters at LT. We all wish there were far better realistic options. The truth is, there’s not.

The thing people like King that are clueless about the NFL don’t understand is that:

1. OL play around the entire NFL is down.

2. The Chiefs won’t have much cap space even after restructures and extensions.

3. There aren’t many cheap options in free agency that can be a temporary fix at LT.

4. The likelihood of a day 1 LT being available at 31 is also very slim.

5. Peters, even at age 39, is a far better option than a Remmers or Erving at LT.

6. The rest of the OL should be much better than the SB and the Eagles last year.

If the Chiefs signed Peters, we’d all be hoping that Fisher would be ready week 1 and Peters becomes insurance. Hell, we’d also be hoping that Niang could beat him out if Fisher wasn’t ready.
Erving was a better tackle than Peters was the past two years. Even if we blame the system and QB it's not like Erving was playing with a great QB or system last year in dallas and he allowed 0 sacks in the 5 games he started. I think it's kind of funny how much you guys are understating how bad Peters was. 7.5 sacks, 5 sacks, 3 sacks. Whatever amount of sacks you want to assign him in 8 starts is terrible.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:52 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Erving was a better tackle than Peters was the past two years. Even if we blame the system and QB it's not like Erving was playing with a great QB or system last year in dallas and he allowed 0 sacks in the 5 games he started. I think it's kind of funny how much you guys are understating how bad Peters was. 7.5 sacks, 5 sacks, 3 sacks. Whatever amount of sacks you want to assign him in 8 starts is terrible.
Imagine being this fucking clueless :-)

Your football knowledge or lack thereof is priceless
[Reply]
-King- 01:27 PM 03-06-2021
Imagine being this fucking clueless :-)

Your football knowledge or lack thereof is priceless
How was he not?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:29 PM 03-06-2021
How was he not?
I watched enough Cowboys and Eagles games to know how stupid that fucking take is. I don’t care about the stats. I watch a lot of football and I trust my eyes.

Even the idiots at PFF could see the difference. That’s how fucking clueless you are.

You’re literally the only person that would say this.
[Reply]
-King- 01:39 PM 03-06-2021
I watched enough Cowboys and Eagles games to know how stupid that fucking take is. I don’t care about the stats. I watch a lot of football and I trust my eyes.

Even the idiots at PFF could see the difference. That’s how fucking clueless you are.

You’re literally the only person that would say this.
Eagles fans want nothing to do with Peters next year. But yeah I guess you know more than them.

OT Jason Peters on @gmfb @nflnetwork on free agency: "I still got something in the tank. I can definitely show the young guys how to play the game of football."

— Will Selva (@WillSelvaTV) March 4, 2021
read the replies to that tweet

Read the comments in these threads
https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comm...on_free_agency

https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comm...g_6abc_he_will

But yeah bro. You know it all and watched it all. We know.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:46 PM 03-06-2021
Eagles fans want nothing to do with Peters next year. But yeah I guess you know more than them.

What does any of that have to do with Cam Erving you dumb fuck?

I’ve already said that I would not be thrilled about having to start Peters at LT. Nobody would. Maybe read my fucking original post and it might get through that head of yours.

What would YOU do about a short term answer at LT until Fisher gets healthy?

You’ve already claimed Erving is better, who’s a free agent as well I believe, so I’m very curious to hear what your solution to this problem would be because I’m certain it’s either going to be laughable or unrealistic.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:49 PM 03-06-2021

Kind of like how chiefs fans ripped on fisher... Until he got hurt and they realized he was actually good. And cam Erving is a good example of why OL stats are misleading. Dallas had one of the worst OLs in the league without Zack Martin. Their entire strategy was built around getting the ball out of Daltons hands in 1 second before he shits his pants.

Of course peters is nowhere near what he used to be. But again, what we need is insurance if at all and not sure what LT selection you think would actually be available. Is peters good enough to plug in a few games if needed... The numbers don't scare me. And they'll look a hell of a lot different with Mahomes, CEH, and Reid.
[Reply]
-King- 01:51 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Kind of like how chiefs fans ripped on fisher... Until he got hurt and they realized he was actually good. And cam Erving is a good example of why OL stats are misleading. Dallas had one of the worst OLs in the league without Zack Martin. Their entire strategy was built around getting the ball out of Daltons hands in 1 second before he shits his pants.

Of course peters is nowhere near what he used to be. But again, what we need is insurance if at all and not sure what LT selection you think would actually be available. Is peters good enough to plug in a few games if needed... The numbers don't scare me. And they'll look a hell of a lot different with Mahomes, CEH, and Reid.
Wait what? Who has ripped on Fisher the past few years? Please show me one thread the past few years where the consensus wasn't that Fisher is at worst case a solid tackle.
[Reply]
-King- 01:53 PM 03-06-2021
What does any of that have to do with Cam Erving you dumb fuck?

I’ve already said that I would not be thrilled about having to start Peters at LT. Nobody would. Maybe read my fucking original post and it might get through that head of yours.

What would YOU do about a short term answer at LT until Fisher gets healthy?

You’ve already claimed Erving is better, who’s a free agent as well I believe, so I’m very curious to hear what your solution to this problem would be because I’m certain it’s either going to be laughable or unrealistic.
Anyone that's not Jason Peters is my solution. Literally anyone. Even you.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:54 PM 03-06-2021
Anyone that's not Jason Peters is my solution. Literally anyone. Even you.
Wow thanks for proving my point that you’re completely clueless!
[Reply]
-King- 01:58 PM 03-06-2021
Wow thanks for proving my point that you’re completely clueless!
You realize not having a plan doesn't mean you cant disqualify terrible plans right? I don't know or have studied all the tackles in free agency but I do know a 39 year old injury prone tackle who was terrible and who has his owns fans wishing he'd retire isn't a good solution.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:04 PM 03-06-2021
Wait what? Who has ripped on Fisher the past few years? Please show me one thread the past few years where the consensus wasn't that Fisher is at worst case a solid tackle.
Fisher is actually a very good tackle who got ripped on for being average... Until he got hurt and people realized he was important. Peters is a serviceable tackle who gets ripped on for being totally terrible. The point is that emotional fans are not the best judge at this stuff.

For years fisher took a lot of heat, just like peters, for pressures and sacks from a qb who held on to the ball way too long.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:08 PM 03-06-2021
You realize not having a plan doesn't mean you cant disqualify terrible plans right? I don't know or have studied all the tackles in free agency but I do know a 39 year old injury prone tackle who was terrible and who has his owns fans wishing he'd retire isn't a good solution.
Stats and Eagles fans on the internet. The be all end all for player evaluation and personnel decision making!

Coming up with a better plan doesn’t require you to “study” all the tackles in free agency.

The list of free agent LT’s is incredibly short to start. It would take 2 minutes to look at the list and come away with the conclusion that unfortunately Peters might be the best we can do, or at the very least, there aren’t any options that are clearly better.

“Not having a plan doesn’t mean you can’t disqualify terrible plans”, but it goes to show that you have no fucking clue about OL play around the NFL, what’s available, and how Peters compares to other cheap/realistic options. Like I said, you saw that Peters gave up 8 sacks, with no context/nuance, and you’ve already decided that “anybody” would be better.

Peters still managed to come away with a 67.6 grade according to PFF. I know it’s PFF, but you can’t be SO bad that literally “anybody” would be better if you have a good grade according to them. It doesn’t work like that. Peters is clearly not the player he was, but he’s STILL a better short term option at LT than the Remmers or Erving’s of the world.
[Reply]
-King- 02:37 PM 03-06-2021
Stats and Eagles fans on the internet. The be all end all for player evaluation and personnel decision making!

Coming up with a better plan doesn’t require you to “study” all the tackles in free agency.

The list of free agent LT’s is incredibly short to start. It would take 2 minutes to look at the list and come away with the conclusion that unfortunately Peters might be the best we can do, or at the very least, there aren’t any options that are clearly better.

“Not having a plan doesn’t mean you can’t disqualify terrible plans”, but it goes to show that you have no fucking clue about OL play around the NFL, what’s available, and how Peters compares to other cheap/realistic options. Like I said, you saw that Peters gave up 8 sacks, with no context/nuance, and you’ve already decided that “anybody” would be better.

Peters still managed to come away with a 67.6 grade according to PFF. I know it’s PFF, but you can’t be SO bad that literally “anybody” would be better if you have a good grade according to them. It doesn’t work like that. Peters is clearly not the player he was, but he’s STILL a better short term option at LT than the Remmers or Erving’s of the world.
Actually I saw that Eagles fans hated the thought of him coming back and then I saw that he gave up 7.5 sacks on only half a season.
[Reply]
-King- 02:38 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Fisher is actually a very good tackle who got ripped on for being average... Until he got hurt and people realized he was important. Peters is a serviceable tackle who gets ripped on for being totally terrible. The point is that emotional fans are not the best judge at this stuff.

For years fisher took a lot of heat, just like peters, for pressures and sacks from a qb who held on to the ball way too long.
What makes you think he's serviceable?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up