ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Media Center>Disney+: WandaVision
keg in kc 05:06 PM 09-21-2020
I didn't think I wanted to watch this. Then the trailer premiered last night.

[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:21 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've mentioned it somewhere in this thread, but check her out in Wind River. She stars alongside Jeremy Renner, and it's a great flick that flew under most radars. You won't be disappointed.
I’ll second this, Wind River is an underrated film. Well worth a watch.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:57 PM 03-06-2021
oh my god

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:59 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've always enjoyed Bettany's work, from Firewall to Da Vinci Code to even Solo but I've never seen his range displayed as it was in WandaVision.
Oh i forgot how good he was in Solo....he made a brand new villain feel very real and scary...that could have gone horribly awry but they pulled that character off wonderfully.

I've enjoyed him since A Knight's Tale.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:10 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Ha...

Spoiler!
That's cool. Never caught that before.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:26 PM 03-06-2021
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 07:14 PM 03-06-2021
I rewatched the finale last night around 8:30pm and was actually blown away. Not only did it look and feel as good as any Marvel finale not named Endgame, it was extremely emotional as well.

As great as Elizabeth Olsen was in this series, in which I fully expect her to dominate awards season this Fall, Paul Bettany's portrayal of Vision was so flawless and yet so human that for me that his performance was the key to making Wanda's grief and pain feel real. I've always enjoyed Bettany's work, from Firewall to Da Vinci Code to even Solo but I've never seen his range displayed as it was in WandaVision.

I think that Falcon & Winter Soldier will be more inline with what most Marvel fans would expect from a Marvel property but it's going to be tough to top WandaVision from an emotional standpoint, which is really what these comics and films are about: The trials and tribulations of what it means to be human, whether we're superheroes or not.
Great post. And yeah, Bettany and Olsen (and the kids too, theirs wasn’t as hard, but they hit the notes that needed hit) absolutely fucking nailed the emotion. Both from when she opened the hex and they were dying to when they accepted their fate and said goodbye. It was absolutely brutal saying goodbye. And I’m not an emotional movie guy. I’m all in for action and blood and guts but this one hit me in the feels. Maybe it’s my kids, I’ll admit I have a weakness for kids and my daughter is 7 so sure, yeah kids get me. But Bettany and Olsen were phenomenal, and phenomenal throughout to get me to care that much about them.

I know I won’t shut up about it but Olsen has really impressed me. Prior to this in the MCU I thought her reaction when her brother died was good, otherwise her acting was fairly pedestrian (obviously her looks are not pedestrian. Obviously). But she killed it in this over a ginormous acting range. Obviously production and directing deserves some level of credit but goddamn she was good. I expected Bettany to be good, maybe not this good, but good. I didn’t expect anywhere near this from Olsen. I’ll go to bat for her. She was great.

It should also be noted that Olsen is 32. Bettany is 49. It’s pretty impressive they got that chemistry done over that age difference.

Credit. I can’t quit raving about this show. And it’s not the type of stuff that would normally resonate with me.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:19 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That's cool. Never caught that before.
Yeah. I laughed when he said it’s my man cave. I hang out while the wifey stirs up trouble (paraphrased)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:19 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If nothing else, Elizabeth Olsen proved she is way too good to be doing comic book movies.

Looking forward to seeing her in something amazing.
She started off gaining traction in small independent films like 10 years ago. She’s always been good.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:03 PM 03-06-2021

[Reply]
dlphg9 03-07-2021, 05:26 AM
This message has been deleted by dlphg9.
DaneMcCloud 01:49 PM 03-07-2021
The mid-credits scene leads directly to Secret Invasion, starring Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn as Nick Fury & Talos respectively.

There hasn't been a release date set for the Disney+ series but I have to think it'll air just before Captain Marvel 2, which is currently set for a November 2022 release.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:15 PM 03-07-2021
The mid-credits scene leads directly to Secret Invasion, starring Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn as Nick Fury & Talos respectively.

There hasn't been a release date set for the Disney+ series but I have to think it'll air just before Captain Marvel 2, which is currently set for a November 2022 release.
Wonder if she will be in captain marvel 2.

I watched a few vids from "emergency awesome" on YouTube and he does a good job explaining things too that could happen.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:16 PM 03-07-2021
I absolutely loved this series. Vision definitely will be back down the line. Love their chemistry. Makes me want to rewatch the MCU again
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:24 PM 03-07-2021
I rewatched the finale last night around 8:30pm and was actually blown away. Not only did it look and feel as good as any Marvel finale not named Endgame, it was extremely emotional as well.

As great as Elizabeth Olsen was in this series, in which I fully expect her to dominate awards season this Fall, Paul Bettany's portrayal of Vision was so flawless and yet so human that for me that his performance was the key to making Wanda's grief and pain feel real. I've always enjoyed Bettany's work, from Firewall to Da Vinci Code to even Solo but I've never seen his range displayed as it was in WandaVision.

I think that Falcon & Winter Soldier will be more inline with what most Marvel fans would expect from a Marvel property but it's going to be tough to top WandaVision from an emotional standpoint, which is really what these comics and films are about: The trials and tribulations of what it means to be human, whether we're superheroes or not.
Seems like that’s always been one of the keys to the MCUs success. They have been spot in with casting the right people to the role.

Except for Brie Larson.....
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:38 AM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, it went out with less of a "bang" than I expected, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the series. It seems to me they didn't want to integrate it TOO deeply into the movie plots, so they kept it more confined than I think we all thought it was going to be (in terms of other MCU characters and lead-ins to other stories). Still, I'm excited to see where they go with it.

If nothing else, the Scarlet Witch outfit is great. :-)
I'm feeling the same way as you. I am embarrassed to admit the show in hindsight was actually stronger early than later. Turns out, "getting what we wanted" for the finale wasn't nearly as satisfying as the journey to get there.

Also:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 11:20 AM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'm feeling the same way as you. I am embarrassed to admit the show in hindsight was actually stronger early than later. Turns out, "getting what we wanted" for the finale wasn't nearly as satisfying as the journey to get there.

Also:

Spoiler!
Wanda had a pretty shitty history in the comics...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Up