ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Coming 2 America 2?
Megatron96 02:02 PM 04-10-2019
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/ed...-2-joe-piscopo

So apparently this is a coming reality. Not sure if I'm excited about it or not.
[Reply]
Valiant 01:11 PM 03-05-2021
It wasn't great, but it was a good throwback and introduced new funny characters. Better if it wasnt pg-13.

Better than sandler's new movies
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:11 PM 03-05-2021
That was pretty bad. Not nearly as funny as the first one. Disappointing.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:22 PM 03-05-2021
money grab.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:28 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
:-) ya'll wouldn't know a great movie if it walked into your house and took a dump on your couch
Seriously. I wouldn’t have guessed there were two people total who didn’t like that movie, let alone two on this board.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:12 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
:-) ya'll wouldn't know a great movie if it walked into your house and took a dump on your couch
Seriously? Coming to America was Amazing? It wasn't even one of Eddie Murphy's best films. It was okay. It had some funny moments. Some funny characters. A few quoteable lines. But amazing? like Stripes, or Animal House, or even Beverly Hills Cop? I don't think so. And fun fact, I went to high school with the twin girls in the original Coming to America movie.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 04:50 AM 03-06-2021
I had to turn it off halfway, super disappointed :-). Eddie murphy's son is boring and maybe 10 minutes of the movie was set in new york from what I've seen. That's what made the first movie good, watching africans come here and experience culture clash, not some unknown actor and leslie jones (was barely ever funny) go to africa. This movie seems random. Does it get any better in the 2nd half? I'm guessing no.

Thankfully we have "dolemite is my name" from a couple years ago, that movie was hilarious and proves Eddie murphy CAN still be funny :-)
[Reply]
Otter 04:55 AM 03-06-2021
Judging by the trailer and knowing what I do about Amazon this is going to be woke AF if I had to guess.

If it's on the TV on my next trip to the DMV I guess I'll watch.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:01 AM 03-06-2021
I think people's expectations were too high. It's a sequel and it doesn't try too hard. The original was 30 years ago so it was more about trying to get the story line to reintroduce a lot of the likeable characters and see what they're up to. Kinda reminds me of wet hot American summers sequel. I wouldn't watch it again. Obviously not a masterpiece. But they were all having fun and I'd say it was a fun watch. Just lower your expectations before watching.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:18 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Judging by the trailer and knowing what I do about Amazon this is going to be woke AF if I had to guess.

If it's on the TV on my next trip to the DMV I guess I'll watch.
Wut? It was barely woke let alone AF
[Reply]
Chieftain 05:23 AM 03-06-2021
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Prince Akeem's father in law in the movie, actor John Amos is a Chiefs fan.

[Reply]
GayFrogs 09:53 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think people's expectations were too high. It's a sequel and it doesn't try too hard. The original was 30 years ago so it was more about trying to get the story line to reintroduce a lot of the likeable characters and see what they're up to. Kinda reminds me of wet hot American summers sequel. I wouldn't watch it again. Obviously not a masterpiece. But they were all having fun and I'd say it was a fun watch. Just lower your expectations before watching.
There's nothing past what's in the trailer that's funny imo
[Reply]
scho63 10:21 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Prince Akeem's father in law in the movie, actor John Amos is a Chiefs fan.

I met John at Darryl Dawkins house many years ago before knowing his connection to the Chiefs. Nice guy and very humble.
[Reply]
scho63 10:24 AM 03-06-2021
From the trailer it looks almost like the first one exactly twenty years later.

Curious after someone actually watches it who has seen both.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:24 AM 03-06-2021
They had Leslie Frazier, Tracy Morgan and Trevor Noah in this movie. I have literally never laughed at anything any of those three have ever done.

Other than that I laughed a couple times. They legit recycled damn near every character/joke from the original. I'm surprised they didn't bring back Sam Jackson for a quick reprisal.

Also, people saying it's been 30 years. Iirc, Coming to America came out in 1983 didn't it? It's been nearly 40 years!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:31 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
From the trailer it looks almost like the first one exactly twenty years later.

Curious after someone actually watches it who has seen both.
It's fine if you go in with the right expectations. It's not even remotely close to as funny as the original. It's meant more as a watchable movie with the feel good of seeing all these characters again, and they're having fun. It's more of a reunion movie then it is a sequel.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up