ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Coming 2 America 2?
Megatron96 02:02 PM 04-10-2019
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/ed...-2-joe-piscopo

So apparently this is a coming reality. Not sure if I'm excited about it or not.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:42 AM 04-11-2019
Arsenio hall casually and mistakenly placing a spent chicken bone into the collection plate at the fundraiser kills me every time.

that movie is so great.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:16 PM 10-13-2020
And yet another movie with a planned theatrical release is moving over to a streaming platform, this time to Amazon Prime.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/e...os-1234799523/

Eddie Murphy’s ‘Coming 2 America’ Moves From Paramount to Amazon Studios

The long-anticipated sequel to the Eddie Murphy classic is in the process of being sold by distributor Paramount Pictures to Amazon Studios, in a deal worth roughly $125 million, insiders said. The expected streaming premiere date is December 18, sources added.

Final details are being hammered out, sources said, including two complex consumer marketing tie-ins with McDonalds and whiskey brand Crown Royal, which are expected to transfer over to Amazon Studios with the film. Murphy, who produced, as well as stars in the film, has to give his blessing.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:22 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And yet another movie with a planned theatrical release is moving over to a streaming platform, this time to Amazon Prime.

The long-anticipated sequel to the Eddie Murphy classic is in the process of being sold by distributor Paramount Pictures to Amazon Studios, in a deal worth roughly $125 million, insiders said. The expected streaming premiere date is December 18, sources added.

Final details are being hammered out, sources said, including two complex consumer marketing tie-ins with McDonalds and whiskey brand Crown Royal, which are expected to transfer over to Amazon Studios with the film. Murphy, who produced, as well as stars in the film, has to give his blessing.
Marketing tie in with McDonald's. Big shocker there lol.
[Reply]
RockChalk 12:23 PM 10-13-2020

I knew this moving was being worked on, but had no idea it was already shot and finished. Have there been any previews/rumors/etc? I literally have heard nothing about it since it was announced they would be making a sequel.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:32 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
I knew this moving was being worked on, but had no idea it was already shot and finished. Have there been any previews/rumors/etc? I literally have heard nothing about it since it was announced they would be making a sequel.
With the death of Viacom chairman Sumner Redstone and re-merger of Paramount/Viacom/CBS, there's been a ton of re-organization and new leadership across the company and the dust hasn't settled just yet.

That said, I'm kind of surprised that Paramount isn't holding on to this film until it launches Paramount Plus in Q1 2021, but that may be an indicator as to the quality of this film.

For the record, it's been complete radio silence on my end regarding this film but if I hear something, I'll be sure to post.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 12:32 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
Propaganda film at best. Just retire Eddie.
Lol most everything hollywood does is propaganda.
It shapes your thoughts so easily
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:36 PM 10-13-2020
MORE RANDY WATSON!!! That boy is good!
[Reply]
Dayze 01:29 PM 10-13-2020
HE AIN"T LYIN'!

I don't care much for local sports radio, but the Drive will sometimes place that line from Aresenio "He ain't Lyin'" when one of the hosts is passionately explaining his point.

or the eruption of laughter from the barber shop scene when someone makes a dumb point/take.

:-)
[Reply]
vonBobo 01:42 PM 10-13-2020
I'm excited they are giving this a try, I loved the original! I'm also excited for Eddie to reinvent his career. And if the movie is no good it doesn't affect me at all.

There were over 160 comedies released in 2019, if you can't find good movies to watch it is your own fault. People get triggered over the dumbest things.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:45 PM 10-13-2020

Hmmm....Would this have happened even if no COVID? Or is it a stinker Paramount just wants to dump?
[Reply]
Sorce 03:19 PM 10-13-2020
America is closed, the moose out front should have told you.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:39 PM 12-22-2020
oh hell yes! This actually might be good.

[Reply]
Easy 6 03:04 PM 12-22-2020
Just like with Dumb and Dumber Too, its likely to fall short of expectations... but I dont care, love the original way too much to NOT see all those beloved characters again
[Reply]
007 06:41 PM 12-22-2020
I'm in
[Reply]
Dayze 08:07 PM 12-22-2020
PO-litcally inCORRECT

It’s Kunta Kente and Ebola

:-)

Good to see Randy Watson is in it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »