ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 04-10-2018
Not sure this deserves it's own thread, but damn, there is a lot of outstanding content on Amazon. I've had it for years and never really gave it a shot. The HBO and Funny or Die catalogues alone make it worth the while. The originals are simply value added. I've been watching:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down
Zach Morris is Trash

Things in my queue:

Man in the High Castle
The Tick
Sneaky Pete
Jack Ryan

Would like to re-watch:

Sopranos
Between Two Ferns
Justified
Parks and Rec

Anything you'd recommend from Prime Video? I feel like a kid in a candy shop (without the requisite time to actually enjoy all the candy...)
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:54 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Two others are The Night Manager and Last Kingdom.
The Last Kingdom is Netflix.
[Reply]
stumppy 06:33 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The Last Kingdom is Netflix.
Looks like season 3 is coming out later this year.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:15 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Looks like season 3 is coming out later this year.
Yep. It got dropped by BBC, who'd shared production with Netflix, but Netflix is keeping it going at least one more season.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:22 AM 04-18-2018
Holy shit you have to watch Catastrophe. It is side splittingly funny. Some of the meanest comedy I have ever seen.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:27 PM 08-31-2018
About to start Jack Ryan
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:44 PM 08-31-2018
Hell yes.
[Reply]
FAX 12:21 AM 02-28-2019
Just watched The Proposition. Really good (albeit dark) movie with a freaking excellent cast.

One of the few movies I can actually recommend. Basically, a dark, revenge western set in Australia.

Directed by John Hillcoat (The Road, Red Dead Redemption). John Hurt, Guy Pierce, Ray Winstone, Danny Huston, Emily Watson. I mean, that's one hell of an ensemble.

FAX
[Reply]
New World Order 04:42 AM 02-28-2019
About to start Jack Ryan
^^surprisingly good
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:36 PM 02-28-2019
Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is awesome.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:57 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is awesome.
Co-signed. I was fucking hooked on that shit. And I’m not a comedy guy.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:02 PM 02-28-2019
Man in the High Castle was canceled last week. Meaning it ends after the next season.

Not a huge surprise, given how many new genre projects they have in the pipeline. Plus I'm not sure how much longer they could keep it going in its current form anyway.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:36 PM 02-28-2019
Man in the High Castle was canceled last week. Meaning it ends after the next season.

Not a huge surprise, given how many new genre projects they have in the pipeline. Plus I'm not sure how much longer they could keep it going in its current form anyway.
I still haven't finished season 3. Not sure why, but I got tired of it.
[Reply]
007 10:09 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I still haven't finished season 3. Not sure why, but I got tired of it.
Because season three is awful compared to the first two. I had to force myself to finish it.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:40 PM 02-28-2019
Amazon Prime is pretty damn good and is only gonna get better I think .

What I'm most looking forward to is Nicholas Winding Refn's Too Old to Die Young show. It will capture the criminal underworld of Los Angeles and I saw some brief clips of it and it looks interesting for sure.

For those that do not know who Refn is , he directed Drive, Bronson and a bunch of other weird /entertaining films

Apparently Amazon let Refn go wild on this one. The episodes will be roughly an hour to an hour & a half . Pretty risky imo as Refs is not everyone's cup of tea. We shall see
[Reply]
DaFace 10:48 PM 02-28-2019
Anyone a fan of the Wheel of Time books? Apparently Amazon has ordered a series of it. I'm...nervous. It doesn't seem to me that it will translate well to screen, but I guess people probably said that about Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones at one point too.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up