ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Possibly considering forcing Chargers to Move Back to San Diego?
TinyEvel 01:09 PM 09-22-2017
Sites low attendance in soccer Stadium so far. Duh. Yes, nice distraction as we come into town.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-rep...010040080.html

Could the NFL really send the Chargers back to San Diego? It's something being discussed, according to longtime NFL reporter Don Banks.

The former Sports Illustrated reporter, who has worked for NFL Media and currently writes for The Athletic, told a San Diego radio station on Thursday the NFL never wanted to lose San Diego as a market and could force Chargers owner Dean Spanos to take the team back.

"I have been painted a picture from people I’ve talked to that the league was sympathetic … to Dean Spanos’ plight," Banks told The Mighty 1090. "Feels like he had been a ‘league guy’ feels like he had waited kind of his turn on the relocation front, thought he had the votes the year before — Jerry Jones and Stan Kroenke pretty much outmaneuvered Dean and Mark Davis with the Raiders to be the first in line for LA. So it was almost as if this was a bit of a make up.

"There are people in the league — including the commissioner — they did not want to see San Diego forsaken. They would rather there be a team in San Diego. If there’s anything viable that they could find to put the league back in to San Diego, I think they will be in that camp strongly."

The Chargers failed to sell out their temporary home, the 27,000-seat StubHub Center, in their home opener last Sunday. Banks wrote at The Athletic the NFL is shocked by how quickly things have gone south for the Chargers in L.A. As the Rams struggle to draw fans to the L.A. Coliseum, Banks said the NFL does not want the bad "optics" of empty stadiums for three years before the Rams and Chargers are scheduled to move into a new Inglewood stadium in 2020.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:57 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Chargers belong in SD. Hopefully they can come to a deal about building a new stadium. Is Qualcom really that bad?

Yes, yes it is. I went there to see the SDSU Vs Naval Academy a few years back and it was the biggest junk heap of a "stadium" that I have ever been in. The concrete was cracking - looked like it might give way at any time. The concessions were a total joke and the bathrooms? I've seen better in 100 year old jails.

Seriously, I don't blame the Chargers for leaving - that place was awful.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:02 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hoover:
They should return to San Diago, but I fear that major damage has been done.

I think the NFL should take an ownership stake in the team, either tear down or update the Q, but long term I think they need to look at selling that team. Man what a shit ownership group.
COuld the NFL force the sale of the team??????????
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:04 PM 09-22-2017
not st. louis. They do not deserve another chance at an NFL team. Ever.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 03:20 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
some of this is true in Florida. Mainly baseball because there is 162 games. Too much to do down here to commit to that many games.
It is very true of the ol' Devil Ray games in the Trop. When I lived there the Yankee-Devil Ray games were always the most full, and it wasn't Devil Ray fans. When they introduced the two teams, it was obvious the place was mostly Yankees fans. I think I heard a recent Cubs-Rays game was the same way.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:30 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

Idk. But I go to LA tomorrow. Gonna ask my boss if he is going to look back into NFL ownership. He's itching to get into that group. Owns NBA, WNBA and some other stuff. NFL is on his short list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
wazu 03:32 PM 09-22-2017
Stadium should be nice and full this Sunday. And if optics are so critical they might want to consider lowering prices.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:44 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Move the Chargers to San Antonio. Football will never fail in Texas.
I could not agree more

St Louis didnt support their team any better, and maybe even worse, than San Diego

And going San Diego itself will almost certainly never fly, theres just too much bad blood at this point

But San Antonio, Texas? You just know they have the rabid football fan population down there to keep an owner fat and happy
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:51 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
:-)

NFL isn't coming back to St. Louis anytime soon, so...
[Reply]
PutQuinnIn 07:54 PM 09-22-2017
Spanos made a BILLION dollars moving the franchise to the LA market, they aren't going anywhere.
[Reply]
tk13 07:57 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I could not agree more

St Louis didnt support their team any better, and maybe even worse, than San Diego

And going San Diego itself will almost certainly never fly, theres just too much bad blood at this point

But San Antonio, Texas? You just know they have the rabid football fan population down there to keep an owner fat and happy
This is a great post filled with 100% sound logic, but Jerry Jones will personally drive to your home and spear each and every one of you in the face with a trident before he ever allows this to happen.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:07 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:
This is a great post filled with 100% sound logic, but Jerry Jones will personally drive to your home and spear each and every one of you in the face with a trident before he ever allows this to happen.
:-)
[Reply]
Calcountry 08:27 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:

BTW after living in LA my whole life I can firsthand confirm everyone's comments about us being a non-loyal sports town. Too much to do, and most people from other places.
Not to mention the Traffic. But then, the Dodgers NEVER EVER had a problem selling their product.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:32 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Calcountry:
Not to mention the Traffic. But then, the Dodgers NEVER EVER had a problem selling their product.
Either did the Rams, until Georgia moved them to Anaheim
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:32 PM 09-22-2017
lol @ London chargers

Phyllis has been commuting
[Reply]
Calcountry 09:14 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Either did the Rams, until Georgia moved them to Anaheim
Were they ever sure how her husband died mysteriously. I am such a conspiracy theorist. Watched way to many episodes of Columbo.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up