ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mar 3rd Mock Draft PFF
Couch-Potato 09:36 AM 03-03-2021
Restructure and extend our stars. Bring back LDT, Fisher, Schwartz, and sign Watkins and Sherm to team-friendly deals.

31. WR Kadarius Tony WR - Pretty confident Andy loves this guy
63. OT Jalen Mayfield - Solidify OL
94. DL Tyler Shelvin - Improve against the run
136. TE Hunter Long - Top receiving TE in the draft
144. RB Trey Sermon - Taxing RB 1-2 Combo with CEH
176. CB James Wiggins - Coverage Depth
180. LB/S Garret Wallow - LB/S hybrid who excels in coverage
240. OC/OG Trey Hill - 6'4 330 lb OC/OG
256. CB Olaijah Griffin - Coverage Depth

Let's go!!!
[Reply]
el borracho 09:53 AM 03-03-2021
Will Mayfield be there at 63? It's been a weird year and I'm sure player rankings will be all over the place with lots of surprises, but I've not seen Mayfield fall that far in any mock.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:13 AM 03-03-2021
Stopped reading at bringing back Watkins.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:44 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Stopped reading at bringing back Watkins.
What's wrong with Watkins? He does work when we get him the ball, would prob be available relatively cheap after paid him so well previously.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:45 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
What's wrong with Watkins? He does work when we get him the ball, would prob be available relatively cheap after paid him so well previously.
He’s never on the field.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:45 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Will Mayfield be there at 63? It's been a weird year and I'm sure player rankings will be all over the place with lots of surprises, but I've not seen Mayfield fall that far in any mock.
I felt the same, but PFF only gave me a C+ grade for the pick so sounds like they expect him to be available in the 3rd.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:57 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I felt the same, but PFF only gave me a C+ grade for the pick so sounds like they expect him to be available in the 3rd.
That’s why. PFF’s mock draft rankings are out of wack to everything else I’ve seen.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:14 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
No. I doubt he makes it to us in the 1st.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:21 PM 03-03-2021
Not a single DE? That’s a no for me.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:38 PM 03-03-2021
There's a good chance Hunter Long doesn't make it to 94 much less 136. Seen many of mocks lately with him in the top 75.

Jalen Mayfield has been mocked in the top 25 by most so the thought that he'd be there at 63 is beyond me. I can't fathom him out of the top 40.

Tyler Shelvin at 94 is interesting in that I feel like the 3rd is where he goes but he's probably going to a 3-4 as a NT. He basically offers nothing as a pass rusher. I'm not big on a 6-2, 365 pound DT in a 4-3. I think there are better fits with a tad more upside there than Shelvin with equal run-stuffing abilities.

Trey Sermon is 100% a Veach-style RB. I could see that pick.

James Wiggins is a pure safety that can bump down and play the slot. He's not going to be anything of an outside CB. I like him, maybe more than many.

Garret Wallow could easily be the type of LB/S hybrid Veach looks to bring in. I like him a bunch but I think you'll need to slide him up to the spot you have Hunter Long.

I don't think Trey Hill is a fit here at C or G. I'd think more a guy like Robert Hainsey or the like a bit earlier.

Also, no plan for an Edge Rusher gives me equal pause. They need to bring a couple in somehow, whether its FA, the draft, or both.

I have zero interest in seeing Sammy Watkins back.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:44 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
There's a good chance Hunter Long doesn't make it to 94 much less 136. Seen many of mocks lately with him in the top 75.

Jalen Mayfield has been mocked in the top 25 by most so the thought that he'd be there at 63 is beyond me. I can't fathom him out of the top 40.

Tyler Shelvin at 94 is interesting in that I feel like the 3rd is where he goes but he's probably going to a 3-4 as a NT. He basically offers nothing as a pass rusher. I'm not big on a 6-2, 365 pound DT in a 4-3. I think there are better fits with a tad more upside there than Shelvin with equal run-stuffing abilities.

Trey Sermon is 100% a Veach-style RB. I could see that pick.

James Wiggins is a pure safety that can bump down and play the slot. He's not going to be anything of an outside CB. I like him, maybe more than many.

Garret Wallow could easily be the type of LB/S hybrid Veach looks to bring in. I like him a bunch but I think you'll need to slide him up to the spot you have Hunter Long.

I don't think Trey Hill is a fit here at C or G. I'd think more a guy like Robert Hainsey or the like a bit earlier.

Also, no plan for an Edge Rusher gives me equal pause. They need to bring a couple in somehow, whether its FA, the draft, or both.

I have zero interest in seeing Sammy Watkins back.

Thanks for taking a look! I agree that PFF is off on some of their projections and I was able to nab a few guys in unrealistic spots. I took the DL and OG/C for their size but would prefer someone with skills as well. I agree that we'd prefer a dynamic EDGE over Shelvin.

Maybe the below is more realistic:

31. WR Kadarius Tony WR - Pretty confident Andy loves this guy
63. [Dynamic EDGE]
94. TE Hunter Long - Top receiving TE in the draft
136. [Solid OL]
144. RB Trey Sermon - Taxing RB 1-2 Combo with CEH
176. CB James Wiggins - Slot Coverage Depth
180. LB/S Garret Wallow - LB/S hybrid who excels in coverage
240. OC/OG Trey Hill - Big 6'4 330 lb w/ OC/OG Versatility
256. CB Olaijah Griffin - Coverage Depth
[Reply]
Up