ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Wyatt Davis, OG, Ohio State
kccrow 02:58 PM 03-02-2021
So, you all know I'm an OSU homer but...

This kid reminds me of Will Shields.

6'4" 315

His grandfather is a HOF player from the Lombardi year's Packers.

He has the lateral agility to execute inside/outside zone and the power to play a man/power concept. Once he locks on, it's over.

1st Team All-American

I've never been one to think about an interior offensive lineman in the 1st, but this kid is so good.

So, give me your thoughts. Is he high on Veach's radar?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:06 PM 03-02-2021
If we could get him after a trade down or even at the end of the 2nd, sure.

I just can't see taking him in the first unless he can fill an immediate need - namely center.
[Reply]
mkp785 03:13 PM 03-02-2021
I'd love him in the second but we need a C more. I suppose they could play Wyatt at LG and move Allegretti back, if it came down to it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:32 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I'd love him in the second but we need a C more. I suppose they could play Wyatt at LG and move Allegretti back, if it came down to it.
That's what I would do honestly.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:43 PM 03-02-2021
I would despise drafting Wyatt in the 1st.

You can maybe talk me into him in the 2nd.

But he's a non-elite guard with multiple knee injuries. He has no business being taken by us in the 1st.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:58 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I would despise drafting Wyatt in the 1st.

You can maybe talk me into him in the 2nd.

But he's a non-elite guard with multiple knee injuries. He has no business being taken by us in the 1st.

He had one knee injury (ACL) that he kept trying to play on this year and tweaking. Probably should have just fixed the issue, sat out, and moved on.

I can see not taking him in 1 if that's how you feel, but he's not even remotely close to available to KC at 61 so to even suggest it would be an exercise in futility. He might not even be there for us at 31. It's not a question of taking him in 2 unless it's a very modest trade back of 5 or fewer picks and even then I find it doubtful he makes it very long.

But your last statement is probably the most absurd comment I've read in a while. He is THE elite guard in this draft. A 2-time All-American (consensus and unanimous).
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:17 AM 03-03-2021
Davis is the best pure guard in this draft.

2 concerns:
- Recent injury
- no position versatility: he’s a guard, that’s it. Knowing Reid’s penchant for guys that can play multiple spots, I’m not sure if he’s atop the list for what KC is looking for.

I have a lesser concern about scheme fit, but Davis is probably better suited to a power gap scheme than something that is heavy zone.

Slater, Vera-Tucker, and Meinerz are the apples of my eye...
[Reply]
mkp785 01:07 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Davis is the best pure guard in this draft.

2 concerns:
- Recent injury
- no position versatility: he’s a guard, that’s it. Knowing Reid’s penchant for guys that can play multiple spots, I’m not sure if he’s atop the list for what KC is looking for.

I have a lesser concern about scheme fit, but Davis is probably better suited to a power gap scheme than something that is heavy zone.

Slater, Vera-Tucker, and Meinerz are the apples of my eye...
Not that I'm comparing him to this guy but if we could get Quentin Nelson at 31, I'd take that all day, every day.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 02:16 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
So, you all know I'm an OSU homer but...

This kid reminds me of Will Shields.

6'4" 315

His grandfather is a HOF player from the Lombardi year's Packers.

He has the lateral agility to execute inside/outside zone and the power to play a man/power concept. Once he locks on, it's over.

1st Team All-American

I've never been one to think about an interior offensive lineman in the 1st, but this kid is so good.

So, give me your thoughts. Is he high on Veach's radar?
I didn't realise he was Willie Davis' grandson. I am all in now.
[Reply]
Up