ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1157 of 3903
« First < 15765710571107114711531154115511561157 115811591160116111671207125716572157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 12:18 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
No Bueno!
Yeah, I think we need to take that with a grain of salt with yesterday being Sunday. Yesterday was the lowest death count for NY in a while but I noticed they never had an evening update. Or at least it didn't appear that way. They are only ahead today by 4 so all things considered if it stayed that way it's a sign that maybe things are starting to flatten out there a skosh.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:21 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It will die out (in theory) over an extraordinary timeline. And if we haven't been able to do that will literally dozens of infectious diseases, why should we expect we can here? Again, I don't think that's the plan because it simply never has been.

And because of the novel nature of this one, it's going to even more difficult/impossible to pull off. I mean getting it below 2 seems plenty doable, but the idea that we're putting policies in place with the idea of driving it below 1 over any timeline of less than 2-3 years seems completely out there to me. That's ambitious to the point of folly.
I have had doctors tell me they don't think this thing is every going away. We just have to adapt to it like we have the flu with vaccines and treatments, etc.

Admittedly they could be wrong but I know that just because hardly anyone gets the measles we still lose almost 75k people a year world wide to it. And we have been vaccinating for that since before I was born.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:21 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, I think we need to take that with a grain of salt with yesterday being Sunday. Yesterday was the lowest death count for NY in a while but I noticed they never had an evening update. Or at least it didn't appear that way. They are only ahead today by 4 so all things considered if it stayed that way it's a sign that maybe things are starting to flatten out there a skosh.
They had a small evening update yesterday but it wasn’t much
[Reply]
petegz28 12:22 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
They had a small evening update yesterday but it wasn’t much
Well that's going in the right direction then....
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:24 PM 04-06-2020
Well that's going in the right direction then....
Here’s hoping this evening update isn’t crazy high
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:28 PM 04-06-2020
Notice that most of these dying from this virus are being reported as having "underlying health conditions"?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:29 PM 04-06-2020
I have had doctors tell me they don't think this thing is every going away. We just have to adapt to it like we have the flu with vaccines and treatments, etc.

Admittedly they could be wrong but I know that just because hardly anyone gets the measles we still lose almost 75k people a year world wide to it. And we have been vaccinating for that since before I was born.
Yeah, "well just get the R0 down below 1" seems like quite the throwaway given that we manage to pull that off...well, never. Especially not with something that seems fairly transmittable on its own.

Getting it to 2 seems reasonable, or even a tick below that. I just cannot imagine they're hand-waiving something as rare as driving a disease out of existence through naturally mitigation. Especially not over a timeline that isn't substantially longer than any potential vaccine would take.

That being the underlying premise just doesn't pass the sniff test to me.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:33 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Notice that most of these dying from this virus are being reported as having "underlying health conditions"?
It is a long list, they are mentioned at the bottom of the daily deaths breakdown chart that has been posted before.

I think somebody mentioned earlier 82million Americans fell under that category.
[Reply]
Tnerped 12:35 PM 04-06-2020
Virus is spreading in my town now and everyone wants to come to the post office evidently. We've had a line out the door since we opened and I don't see it slowing down. Pretty sure this thing has already gotten into my office too.

Never had problems before last week with having a tightness in my chest, fatigue, and an atypical heart beat.

But no coughing and fever so I guess I'm good.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:35 PM 04-06-2020
New cases world wide are dropping last three days. But then again minus USA no one is testing fast enough.

(PS not saying we are amazing but we are averaging 100k a day tested)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:36 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Tnerped:
Virus is spreading in my town now and everyone wants to come to the post office evidently. We've had a line out the door since we opened and I don't see it slowing down. Pretty sure this thing has already gotten into my office too.

Never had problems before last week with having a tightness in my chest, fatigue, and an atypical heart beat.

No you probably have it and are not "Good" please get tested.... And stay away from work till you have results
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:38 PM 04-06-2020
The ONLY ones happy about this Pandemic are the prisoners being released. And Bill Gates.
[Reply]
Tnerped 12:38 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
No you probably have it and are not "Good" please get tested.... And stay away from work till you have results
Can't get tested unless my temperature is over 103, along with other qualifiers, and I can't leave work unless I'm exhibiting symptoms like a cough.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:39 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Tnerped:

Or, you may have some heart problems.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 12:41 PM 04-06-2020
Bad day for Ks, 25 new cases and 3 new deaths. Mo has 3 new deaths but no reported new cases as of yet.
KS had 98 new cases registered today; MO doesn't post their info until 2pm.
[Reply]
Page 1157 of 3903
« First < 15765710571107114711531154115511561157 115811591160116111671207125716572157 > Last »
Up