ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 36
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Please delete my account...
Taco John 09:24 PM 11-09-2003
Please delete my account...

I don't want to be tempted to return, so I ask for the account to be completely jaked. It's one thing to be harassed by racist jackasses in PMs... It's another thing being harassed for shedding light on the racist jackasses. If you're going to bend the rules to protect racist jackasses, then I'd just as soon you delete my account immediately.

I know I'll take heat because people hate these kinds of threads... But whatever.

So in retrun to all the "good riddance" cat calls this is sure to evoke, I say 'have a nice life.'


Adios!

Taco
[Reply]
Raiderhader 10:35 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Talisman:
I'd like to buy a space, please Pat.
:-)

Hopefully_today_the_disc_will_arrive.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 10:36 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Brock Landers:
Yeah, you've never had a word applied to you, but were nearly shot. You're just unlucky.

I_found_that_a_little_ironic_myself.
[Reply]
Mark M 10:38 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Brock Landers:
Yeah, you've never had a word applied to you, but were nearly shot. You're just unlucky.
:-)

The point is, it wouldn't have been an issue had it not been for a few hundred years of racism before that. Now, should I (or anyone else) be punished for past issues? Of course not. But for me to say that the anger some minorities feel is unjustified or because of thin skin is not correct either.

raiderhader--
I agree completely. Unfortunately, IMHO, that'll never happen. Why? Because there are still people out there who will judge other due to their skin color or ancestry. And as long as that happens, people will separate themselves in ways they see fit.

I mean, CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? :-)

BTW, what the hell is up with the underscores? It's called a space bar. Try using it sometime.

MM
~~:-)
[Reply]
Cntrygal 10:42 AM 11-10-2003
Over at billszone we have a "deadhorse" smilie that would be perfect for this thread.


Slayer
[Reply]
Raiderhader 10:47 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Mark M:
:-)

The point is, it wouldn't have been an issue had it not been for a few hundred years of racism before that. Now, should I (or anyone else) be punished for past issues? Of course not. But for me to say that the anger some minorities feel is unjustified or because of thin skin is not correct either.

raiderhader--
I agree completely. Unfortunately, IMHO, that'll never happen. Why? Because there are still people out there who will judge other due to their skin color or ancestry. And as long as that happens, people will separate themselves in ways they see fit.

I mean, CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? :-)

BTW, what the hell is up with the underscores? It's called a space bar. Try using it sometime.

MM
~~:-)


I_would_use_the_space_bar_if_it_would_work,_but_it_won't.

Of_course_we'll_never_have_complete_harmony,_but_the_fact_remains_that_minorities_don't_want_to_get_ along.

At_what_point_do_they_decide_to_move_on?_The_hate_is_not_healthy_for_them_or_the_country.

Forgive_and_forget_or_continue_to_face_more_hatred_than_would_otherwise_be_the_case.

They_continue_to_drag_out_the_problem_with_hate_and_double_standards._They_aren't_receiving_much_sym pathy_support_that_is_for_sure.
[Reply]
Talisman 10:49 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by raiderhader:
I_would_use_the_space_bar_if_it_would_work,_but_it_won't.
Oh, I thought you were just doing a poor job of underlining.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 10:51 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Talisman:
Oh, I thought you were just doing a poor job of underlining.

LOL!
[Reply]
Pennywise 10:51 AM 11-10-2003
I bet Taco would come back if it turned out he was right about Elizabeth Smart.

He did have some interesting points...
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:56 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Mark M:

I feel as though bringing up anyone's race for any reason is unjustified. Instead of saying "this black guy I work with," I just say "this guy I work with." That doesn't make me perfect or culturally sensitive or anything else--I just fail to see how race matters in 99.99% of situations. To bring it up in an insult is just plain wrong, again, IMHO.

MM
~~:-)

You have to be kidding me Mark. Taco just by naming himself Taco made race an issue. One of my buddies used to post here, his name was masonic. He caught tons of crap for having that name. Did he complain even once? NOT This PC crap is over the top. Call me a whitey,cracker, honkey or whatever you like. It may not be right as you put it but give me a break these crybabies need to toughen up especially when the poster himself made race an issue. As a Chiefs fan what do you think would happen if I went to a Raiders BB and stared flaming everyone with the name Honkey? I guarantee you I would catch some grief about race and it would be expected. I would never cry racism and pretend to be a victim.
BTW, this would make you very PC there Mark.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:58 AM 11-10-2003
Ummm, I haven't been keeping up on this. Would anyone mind giving me a condensed version of what the Hell is going on here? I don't feel like reading the whole thread. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhader 11:01 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Ummm, I haven't been keeping up on this. Would anyone mind giving me a condensed version of what the Hell is going on here? I don't feel like reading the whole thread. :-)

Otter_and_TJ_are_PMSing.
[Reply]
Chief Faithful 11:02 AM 11-10-2003
TJ leaving is just an indication of how well the Chiefs are playing. So typical of Bronco fans. The OrganMange is drying up with all the negative comments.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:03 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by PennyWise:
I bet Taco would come back if it turned out he was right about Elizabeth Smart.

He did have some interesting points...
Oh yes the infamous Immanuel Taco Isaiah and his trusty dog Hephzibah Tortilla Isaiah. Yep he was right, the beeotch was asking for it.

All the specials on Elizabeth are coming out about now. It's time for Taco to head on down to Costco to stock up on the hand cream.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:06 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by raiderhader:
Otter_and_TJ_are_PMSing.
:-) I didn't mean that condensed, Mr. space bar deficient.
[Reply]
Mark M 11:07 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
You have to be kidding me Mark. Taco just by naming himself Taco made race an issue. One of my buddies used to post here, his name was masonic. He caught tons of crap for having that name. Did he complain even once? NOT This PC crap is over the top. Call me a whitey,cracker, honkey or whatever you like. It may not be right as you put it but give me a break these crybabies need to toughen up especially when the poster himself made race an issue. As a Chiefs fan what do you think would happen if I went to a Raiders BB and stared flaming everyone with the name Honkey? I guarantee you I would catch some grief about race and it would be expected. I would never cry racism and pretend to be a victim.
BTW, this would make you very PC there Mark.
So, because he named himself T aco it's okay for people to use racial slurs? Sorry, but I disagree. I also disagree with the way TJ has handled it, but that doesn't give everyone a right to do it in the first place, IMHO.

As far as people calling you whitey or cracker, it's just a bit different IMHO. Whites haven't spent hundreds of years watching their relatives be lynched, watching them not get jobs, watching them have to use different water fountains, etc. just because of their skin color. Once again, why is it always the white folks that discuss having thicker skin? Because in most cases they haven't experienced the ugliness of racism--at least not on the same level.

As far as me being PC--yes, I am. And that's my choice. If you see that as wrong, that's your choice. IMHO, I have no right to tell another group of people what they should or shouldn't be called. Personally, "Human" would be a good choice. But as I posted to raiderhader, until racism is wiped out, groups will continue to find ways to identify themselves in ways that they see fit. It's not up to me to tell them how to do so.

MM
~~:-)
[Reply]
Page 26 of 36
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up