ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 319
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:26 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So you're giving up next year's #1 and probably a #3 or #4 to "take a chance"?

That's a surefire way to end up 7-9 for the next few seasons.
:-) Going 7-9 with Mahomes? Fuck out of here, goofball.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:27 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
To be fair, the prevailing sentiment is that if we don't overhaul the o-line, we won't have Mahomes because he's going to get killed. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:27 PM 02-17-2021
:-) We threw a first and second at Seattle for Frank fucking Clark. I'm more than comfortable giving that up to move up and grab a guy like Slater. I think he's an absolutely perfect fit for this offense and a decade plus starter for us. But we can agree to disagree here.
And the Chiefs won a Super Bowl because of that move.

It's no different than the Chiefs shelling out $40+ million for Sammy Watkins, who barely made a dent this season but without him, the Chiefs wouldn't have won the 2019 Super Bowl nor would they have gone to OT in the 2018 AFC Championship Game.

Some "Win Now" moves are worth it, regardless of the aftermath.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:28 PM 02-17-2021
Yeah, that's the same thing people said this year about the Super Bowl.

It takes a team to win in the NFL, not just one guy.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:29 PM 02-17-2021
And I'd MUCH rather give up the haul it takes to move up rather than staying put for some of the names they've thrown at us in these mocks. Dickerson? Another broke dick scrub is the absolute last thing that this OL needs.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:31 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To be fair, the prevailing sentiment is that if we don't overhaul the o-line, we won't have Mahomes because he's going to get killed. :-)
Well, if the Chiefs don't have Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz this year, they will be facing an entire overhaul of the offensive line whether they've planned for it or not.

Even with draftees and free agent signings, there are no guarantees that the line will improve over last year, especially considering they'll need to create $20 million in cap space just to meet the like $181 million limit, then create at least another $5-$7 million for draftees AND sign effective free agents along both lines.

It's a tall order.

I'm not saying that it can't be done but it's pretty clear that some people are being overly optimistic about the ability of the front office to fill all of their needs while fitting draftees and effective free agent signings while retaining important players currently on the roster under the salary cap.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:32 PM 02-17-2021
So I just want to get this straight. And no I’m not arguing against it.

We’re against starting Niang at LT because he lacks experience but we’re okay with starting Slater who has no experience.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:32 PM 02-17-2021
And I'd MUCH rather give up the haul it takes to move up rather than staying put for some of the names they've thrown at us in these mocks. Dickerson? Another broke dick scrub is the absolute last thing that this OL needs.
Jalen Mayfield could fall to 31. Sam Cosmi could as well. It's even possible Tevin Jenkins makes it to 31, I usually see him go in the late 20's.

All of those guys are possible day 1 starters at LT.

And after that, you have a bevy of guys that could start at RT or move to LT in a pinch, like Eichenberg.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:33 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, if the Chiefs don't have Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz this year, they will be facing an entire overhaul of the offensive line whether they've planned for it or not.

Even with draftees and free agent signings, there are no guarantees that the line will improve over last year, especially considering they'll need to create $20 million in cap space just to meet the like $181 million limit, then create at least another $5-$7 million for draftees AND sign effective free agents along both lines.

It's a tall order.

I'm not saying that it can't be done but it's pretty clear that some people are being overly optimistic about the ability of the front office to fill all of their needs while fitting under the salary cap.
There's only one need - offensive line. :-)
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:34 PM 02-17-2021
What Veach does in free agency will determine the draft order. I still believe we need two OL with the first 3 picks. Would be fine with a LB in the first but the next two picks after that need to be OL. You can get servicable receivers in the 4th round. A guy like Philyor could be available. If somehow we can land Allen Robinson in a 1-year deal at around $5 millon loaded with incentives, that would be incredible. I don't see Miller sign with us. He will cost too much. Watt is in the same boat. He ain't signing a minimum vet deal with us when he can get 5x that with Cleveland or Buffalo.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:35 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

We’re against starting Niang at LT because he lacks experience but we’re okay with starting Slater who has no experience.
Big Bold Letters for you. NIANG IS COMING OFF AN OPERATION TO HIS HIP AND WE DON'T KNOW IF HE'S CAPABLE OF PERFORMING TO THE SAME LEVEL HE WAS AT BEFORE. THE FACT HE OPTED OUT AND WE HAVEN'T HAD HIM IN THE BUILDING JUST YET COMPOUNDS THE ISSUE EVEN FURTHER
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:36 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

My biggest concern right now, other than the status of Fisher and Schwartz, is what does the 2021 offseason look like?

Will the NFL return to their "normal" routine, including in-house training, OTA's, Rookie Minicamps and full Minicamps? Or will everything go virtual again, like last year?

If they can resume the normal offseason, I'll feel way more comfortable with Niang, along with any and all draftees, heading into the season as starters but without, yeesh. It could be really, really ugly for at least half the season.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:36 PM 02-17-2021
Big Bold Letters for you. NIANG IS COMING OFF AN OPERATION TO HIS HIP AND WE DON'T KNOW IF HE'S CAPABLE OF PERFORMING TO THE SAME LEVEL HE WAS AT BEFORE. THE FACT HE OPTED OUT AND WE HAVEN'T HAD HIM IN THE BUILDING JUST YET COMPOUNDS THE ISSUE EVEN FURTHER
He was seen walking just fine when he participated in the BLM protests
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:36 PM 02-17-2021
AND SLATER HASN’T PLAYED IN OVER A YEAR.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:37 PM 02-17-2021
Let me ask a question to the group..

If Niang never got injured wouldn’t he be a likely top 10 pick in this upcoming draft?

Top 15, maybe?
[Reply]
Page 92 of 319
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Up