ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 161
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Defending Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos****
Titty Meat 11:00 PM 10-24-2020
Fuck Donk 4 ever
[Reply]
O.city 11:37 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's exactly what they did down the stretch against the Raiders - threw the ball at an 80/20 clip. And it didn't work.

I'm not suggesting it should be 50/50. I'm not even suggesting it should be 40/60 run vs. pass.

They need to take what defenses give them and win games. That's exactly what is happening right now. Not sure what the issue really is. Especially when they have so many injuries.
And that’s fine for now. Maybe it’s the injuries keeping them from it.

I’m saying when they’re healthy and with the talent they have, it shouldn’t matter what defenses do they should be able to just overpower them
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:38 PM 10-25-2020
That's exactly what they did down the stretch against the Raiders - threw the ball at an 80/20 clip. And it didn't work.

I'm not suggesting it should be 50/50. I'm not even suggesting it should be 40/60 run vs. pass.

They need to take what defenses give them and win games. That's exactly what is happening right now. Not sure what the issue really is. Especially when they have so many injuries.
This.

Call plays within the context of the game. You can’t just force the pass game because it’s our philosophy.

Our running game is massively improved over last season; there’s a reason the team focused on this. Teams are selling out to stop the passing game, and leaving light boxes, and we are rightly exploiting them. I don’t give a shit if we passed the ball all over the yard last year or against the Ravens, that doesn’t mean it’s ALWAYS what we should do. Yes, we should want our passing game to be the ultimate strength of our team, but it doesn’t have to be the reason we win every game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:39 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yes, when Mahomes and the passing game are going well, they’re tougher to beat because they can score more points that way and build bigger leads/put teams away.
They've lost one game. I'm not sure how you can say "tougher to beat" when nobody other than the Raiders has beaten them.

You seem to be overly concerned with margin of victory or something.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:41 PM 10-25-2020
And that’s fine for now. Maybe it’s the injuries keeping them from it.

I’m saying when they’re healthy and with the talent they have, it shouldn’t matter what defenses do they should be able to just overpower them
You're going to be supremely disappointed if you believe this.

8 defensive backs in zone can cover the entire field pretty tightly. There's just not ever going to be very many wide windows.

Pat and company are great but they can't defy the laws of physics. You basically want them to throw the ball even if there's nobody open and that's just not going to work at a high percentage.

They can't create openings where none exist without forcing the defense out of their alignments. And you do that by running the ball.
[Reply]
O.city 11:41 PM 10-25-2020
They've lost one game. I'm not sure how you can say "tougher to beat" when nobody other than the Raiders has beaten them.

You seem to be overly concerned with margin of victory or something.
I don’t really give a shit about these sisters of the poor games.

Once they get to the AFC champ game and super bowl against other elite teams is all I care about anymore.

It’s 1% problems for sure. They could run the wildcat and beat a lot of these teams they’re way more talented.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:44 PM 10-25-2020

Once they get to the AFC champ game and super bowl against other elite teams is all I care about anymore.

It’s 1% problems for sure. They could run the wildcat and beat a lot of these teams they’re way more talented.
That's just the thing.

If teams run this zone defense for another 5 or 6 games and the Chiefs win every single one of them, what do you think is going to happen in the playoffs? Do you think teams are going to sit back in that zone and let the Chiefs run the ball down their throats just to "keep the game close"?

At some point, the strategy has to actually prove that the Chiefs can be BEATEN, not just get close. Close in the playoffs is still going to send you home for the offseason.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:50 PM 10-25-2020

Then you should be impressed with how the offense looked against Buffalo & Baltimore. Those were the two best games of the season for the offense, and they were against 2 AFC contenders.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:04 AM 10-26-2020
That's just the thing.

If teams run this zone defense for another 5 or 6 games and the Chiefs win every single one of them, what do you think is going to happen in the playoffs? Do you think teams are going to sit back in that zone and let the Chiefs run the ball down their throats just to "keep the game close"?

At some point, the strategy has to actually prove that the Chiefs can be BEATEN, not just get close. Close in the playoffs is still going to send you home for the offseason.
Andy needs to pull his playbook out from the season where Smith didnt throw a TD to a WR...have Mahomes implement the "death by a 1000 paper cuts" aspect into his game.

If they want to keep dropping those safeties 20 yards back...Bell and CEH screen game them to death.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:12 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
It’s typical current day slavery to certain theories based on “win percentages” or whatever garbage justification there is to NEVER run the ball. Apparently running the ball is just taboo to some people *cough PFF cough*

You can’t split run pass like 80/20 like these people want to. It isn’t realistic. It doesn’t matter if passing is more “efficient” in a nice little chart, the element of keeping a defense off balance is crucial.

And it’s not like we have a shit run game. We can run the ball effectively, and should take the opportunity when it’s presented.
Can you tell me what the Chiefs 3rd down yards per play or shit even conversion percentage is during Mahomes tenure? Look at only 3rd and 6+ in other words situations that the defense knowz you are 100% passing the ball. What you'll find is its still much much greater than running the ball.

What conclusion can we come to from this? Even if a defense KNOWS your passing the ball it still yields more yards per play and points expected than running.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:57 AM 10-26-2020
Sustaining a dominant running game is the ultimate counter punch to the way teams are scheming to limit Pats ability to take games over. We probably have the most talented set of RBs in the league, I’m sure Andy intends on using them.

I also think that plays to the strength of this OL. These guys seem to want to run block and are better at run blocking over pass blocking. At least at this point, that seems to be accurate.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 01:26 AM 10-26-2020
You know what guys, this is what pisses people off.

I’m not ****ing bitching and moaning. The chiefs beat Denver handily today. It was fun as hell.

Why does every god damn conversation here have to go this way? Can we not discuss this without it playing out this way?

The chiefs are better when the ball is in Mahomes hand and he’s throwing it. Maybe they can’t do that right now because they can’t protect any teams are dropping so many guys.

It didn’t seem like Denver did that today so much to me, but apparently it “challenged” my manhood? Whatever that means.

Denver brought more guys today a few times on plays they sacked Mahomes than the chiefs had blockers. That doesn’t seem like they were “taking away all the deep stuff” to me.

If teams are content to let the chiefs run it, have at it I guess. But that’s playing into the defenses hands and if they can dictate that, the chiefs offense isn’t as good as we think it is
The Chiefs offense has actually been more efficient this year than last year on a per drive basis. I don't know what the number is after this week, but as of last week we were scoring 2.45 points per drive compared to 2.25 points per drive, and that's even with the missed extra point shenanigans. Also the improved TOP is undoubtedly helping our defense stay fresh as well.

I love watching Mahomes sling it more than anything but it might not actually be the best way to win games. We're undoubtedly better taking a more balanced approach. I have no doubt there will be games where we finally face some tough competition and may need to rely on some Mahomes magic but it would be great if we could make the load as light for him as possible.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:38 AM 10-26-2020
We’re last in the league in something!!!

Extra point conversion. At 79% we convert our extra points
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:34 AM 10-26-2020
You know what guys, this is what pisses people off.

I’m not ****ing bitching and moaning. The chiefs beat Denver handily today. It was fun as hell.

Why does every god damn conversation here have to go this way? Can we not discuss this without it playing out this way?

The chiefs are better when the ball is in Mahomes hand and he’s throwing it. Maybe they can’t do that right now because they can’t protect any teams are dropping so many guys.

It didn’t seem like Denver did that today so much to me, but apparently it “challenged” my manhood? Whatever that means.

Denver brought more guys today a few times on plays they sacked Mahomes than the chiefs had blockers. That doesn’t seem like they were “taking away all the deep stuff” to me.

If teams are content to let the chiefs run it, have at it I guess. But that’s playing into the defenses hands and if they can dictate that, the chiefs offense isn’t as good as we think it is
Sure but CEH is averaging 6.0 a carry and Bell looked good today too. Hard to imagine with our defense that if we continue to run the ball like that teams can beat us. Were still averaging around 30 a game.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:38 AM 10-26-2020
Weve done this the last 2 games in shit weather without arguably our best lineman when healthy and Watkins. Not many teams would be able to put up points on the board without those 2.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:46 AM 10-26-2020
Couldn’t help but notice that it at the Mange, their GDT is only like 933 posts. Dey dead!!
[Reply]
Page 160 of 161
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161 >
Up