ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 161
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Defending Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos****
Titty Meat 11:00 PM 10-24-2020
Fuck Donk 4 ever
[Reply]
O.city 11:21 PM 10-25-2020
I will concede one thing to you guys though, woth the chiefs patchwork OL it’s probably smart to let them gel and not put pressure on them if it’s not needed.

So you guys are right about that part of it
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Even in that raider game where they threw it so much, they scored 32 points.

It’s hard for me to put much fault on an offense that scores 32 points and loses
They scored 21 points in the first 17 minutes or so, when they were balanced.

Then they abandoned the run and started passing on every down. They scored 11 points THE REST OF THE GAME doing that.

I guess I don't understand how this is so difficult. The Chiefs did exactly what you wanted in the Raiders. game - they gave up on the run and put it all on Patrick.

They lost.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:23 PM 10-25-2020
What happened against the ravens when they threw it around?
The Ravens were blitzing on nearly every down and trying to play man coverage.

Seriously, I'm not sure what to say man.

There's a HUGE difference between 4 or 5 DB's playing man and 7 or 8 DB's playing wide zone.

They're not even remotely the same so attacking them isn't even remotely the same.

This is crazy.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:24 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

There's a HUGE difference between 4 or 5 DB's playing man and 7 or 8 DB's playing wide zone.

They're not even remotely the same so attacking them isn't even remotely the same.

This is crazy.
One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Again, completely ignoring context and just making blanket declarations
[Reply]
O.city 11:24 PM 10-25-2020

This is crazy.
So you’re thinking that’s the way the broncos played them today?
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 PM 10-25-2020
They scored 21 points in the first 17 minutes or so, when they were balanced.

Then they abandoned the run and started passing on every down. They scored 11 points THE REST OF THE GAME doing that.

I guess I don't understand how this is so difficult. The Chiefs did exactly what you wanted in the Raiders. game - they gave up on the run and put it all on Patrick.

They lost.
They won a super bowl doing it last year

They scored 32 against a raider team that struggles to defend the pass and rush the passer at a near historic clip.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:29 PM 10-25-2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:29 PM 10-25-2020
So you’re thinking that’s the way the broncos played them today?
They tried to rush 4 as much as possible, yes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 PM 10-25-2020
They won a super bowl doing it last year
Teams weren't defending them like this last year.

They scored 32 against a raider team that struggles to defend the pass and rush the passer at a near historic clip.
They scored 21 of those 32 points in their first 4 possessions, by staying patient and being balanced.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:31 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
The chiefs are doing what they have to to win games now and that’s great

My argument is that over the long haul, they need to get back to throwing the ball more efficiently and successfully as they’re tougher to beat when they’re doing that than when they’re running the ball.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t ever run the ball.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 PM 10-25-2020
Teams weren't defending them like this last year.

They scored 21 of those 32 points in their first 4 possessions, by staying patient and being balanced.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand. :-)
On those first four possessions they were their normal aggressive self throwing and pushing the ball down the field.

I’m not arguing they should throw the ball at an 80/20 clip, but they should never be anywhere close to 50/50
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 PM 10-25-2020
The chiefs are doing what they have to to win games now and that’s great

My argument is that over the long haul, they need to get back to throwing the ball more efficiently and successfully as they’re tougher to beat when they’re doing that than when they’re running the ball.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t ever run the ball.
Tougher to beat?

They have one loss. And that loss happened precisely because they stopped running the ball and tried to pass on every down.

The defense gave up a couple of long plays and the offense stopped being patient. As a result, the offense went almost 30 minutes without scoring a single point.
[Reply]
O.city 11:34 PM 10-25-2020
They tried to rush 4 as much as possible, yes.
Whatever they did worked because the offense wasn’t very good after the first couple drives
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 PM 10-25-2020
On those first four possessions they were their normal aggressive self throwing and pushing the ball down the field.

I’m not arguing they should throw the ball at an 80/20 clip, but they should never be anywhere close to 50/50
That's exactly what they did down the stretch against the Raiders - threw the ball at an 80/20 clip. And it didn't work.

I'm not suggesting it should be 50/50. I'm not even suggesting it should be 40/60 run vs. pass.

They need to take what defenses give them and win games. That's exactly what is happening right now. Not sure what the issue really is. Especially when they have so many injuries.
[Reply]
O.city 11:35 PM 10-25-2020
Tougher to beat?

They have one loss. And that loss happened precisely because they stopped running the ball and tried to pass on every down.

The defense gave up a couple of long plays and the offense stopped being patient. As a result, the offense went almost 30 minutes without scoring a single point.
Yes, when Mahomes and the passing game are going well, they’re tougher to beat because they can score more points that way and build bigger leads/put teams away.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 161
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161 >
Up