ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 161
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Defending Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos****
Titty Meat 11:00 PM 10-24-2020
Fuck Donk 4 ever
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:04 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

If teams are content to let the chiefs run it, have at it I guess. But that’s playing into the defenses hands and if they can dictate that, the chiefs offense isn’t as good as we think it is
Um, no disrespect, but the Chiefs offense is so good that opposing defenses are selling out to stop it. They're so scared of our offense, that they put everyone into coverage including the LBs, only rush 3-4, with some kind of spy on Mahomes. And every team in the league is going to do it. They've given up on trying to generate extra pressure, given up trying to put a hit on Pat and trying to intimidate him, given up on trying to confuse Patrick long enough to generate pressure. In effect, every defense has thrown up their hands at trying to stop our passing offense and now they would rather take their chances with Bell or CEH running around with the ball.

I'd say that was a pretty great offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:05 PM 10-25-2020
I’m not sure what the other options are.

Against a team like this you’ve just gotta keep it close and hope to make a play or two here or there and the chiefs to have a miscue.

What else are teams gonna resort to? Trying to beat them in shootouts? That ain’t gonna work
Mixing it up and trying to make the Chiefs beat themselves. You can't sellout all the time, it will become predictable eventually.
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Um, no disrespect, but the Chiefs offense is so good that opposing defenses are selling out to stop it. They're so scared of our offense, that they put everyone into coverage including the LBs, only rush 3-4, with some kind of spy on Mahomes. And every team in the league is going to do it. They've given up on trying to generate extra pressure, given up trying to put a hit on Pat and trying to intimidate him, given up on trying to confuse Patrick long enough to generate pressure. In effect, every defense has thrown up their hands at trying to stop our passing offense and now they would rather take their chances with Bell or CEH running around with the ball.

I'd say that was a pretty great offense.
If that’s all they have to do to get the back out of Mahomes hands, why wouldn’t they?

If I’m a dc I want you to hand it to those two guys and I’ll take my chances.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:08 PM 10-25-2020
I’m not sure what the other options are.

Against a team like this you’ve just gotta keep it close and hope to make a play or two here or there and the chiefs to have a miscue.

What else are teams gonna resort to? Trying to beat them in shootouts? That ain’t gonna work
Worked for the Raiders
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:11 PM 10-25-2020
Look, it really comes down to this for me.

The Chiefs scored 3 touchdowns their first 4 possessions against the Raiders.

On their first possession, CEH had 2 carries right off the bat for 17 yards and then they started passing the ball all over everywhere, which led to a punt because of incompletions. (Not counting the bad holding call, of course)

The Chiefs gave CEH 8 carries in the first half en route to a 21-3 lead that they couldn't hold because the defense shit the bed.

They scored on 3 straight possessions and then completely abandoned the run.

Punt
FG
Punt
Punt
INT

CEH had 4 carries during that entire sequence which lasted almost 2 full quarters.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:11 PM 10-25-2020
If that’s all they have to do to get the back out of Mahomes hands, why wouldn’t they?

If I’m a dc I want you to hand it to those two guys and I’ll take my chances.
Um, okay.

Welp, I tried to explain it, someone else want to give it a try?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:11 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Worked for the Raiders
And it might not have if the Chiefs had stuck to the run instead of slinging it so many times.
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Um, okay.

Welp, I tried to explain it, someone else want to give it a try?
You would rather them hand it off to one of those two than have the ball in Mahomes hands?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 PM 10-25-2020
You would rather them hand it off to one of those two than have the ball in Mahomes hands?
If that's what it requires to win, yes.
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Look, it really comes down to this for me.

The Chiefs scored 3 touchdowns their first 4 possessions against the Raiders.

On their first possession, CEH had 2 carries right off the bat for 17 yards and then they started passing the ball all over everywhere, which led to a punt because of incompletions. (Not counting the bad holding call, of course)

The Chiefs gave CEH 8 carries in the first half en route to a 21-3 lead that they couldn't hold because the defense shit the bed.

They scored on 3 straight possessions and then completely abandoned the run.

Punt
FG
Punt
Punt
INT

CEH had 4 carries during that entire sequence which lasted almost 2 full quarters.
What happened against the ravens when they threw it around?
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 PM 10-25-2020
If that's what it requires to win, yes.
What gives them a better chance of winning, handing it to them or having it in Mahomes hands?
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:18 PM 10-25-2020
What gives them a better chance of winning, handing it to them or having it in Mahomes hands?
CONTEXT MATTERS
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:19 PM 10-25-2020
Not everything is in a damn vacuum
[Reply]
O.city 11:19 PM 10-25-2020
Even in that raider game where they threw it so much, they scored 32 points.

It’s hard for me to put much fault on an offense that scores 32 points and loses
[Reply]
DRM08 11:20 PM 10-25-2020
And it might not have if the Chiefs had stuck to the run instead of slinging it so many times.
Really just a lucky day for Vegas. About 5 blown coverages deep downfield by KC secondary. Next time they play it's very unlikely to happen again.
[Reply]
Page 158 of 161
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161 >
Up