ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 161
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Defending Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos****
Titty Meat 11:00 PM 10-24-2020
Fuck Donk 4 ever
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
For sure

But don’t you guys think teams did these same things to some of those manning colt teams? Or brady?

At some point the chiefs are gonna have to get figured out and get back to what sets them apart from the rest of the league.

The chiefs are way more talented than just about any team in the league. They want and should try to optimize getting as many possessions per game as they can. The fewer, the more randomness can come into play and a lesser team can beat them
What?

Dude, you're losing it.

Edgerrin James had 300 carries in every season he played with Manning except for the 2 he was hurt in 2001-2002. Even after James left, they ran the ball a lot.

And Brady's teams ALWAYS ran the ball.
[Reply]
O.city 10:39 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If you can talk the defense into running cover 0, I'd be fine with taking deep shots all day. If the defense is dropping 8 and taking away the deep zones, you're going to need to run or throw some stuff short. I honestly don't GAF is some idiot feels like it somehow challenges his manhood.

If you punish them with enough of the short stuff, they will, at some point, creep up. Then you can have your deeper shots.

FFS, win the game in blowout fashion and it's, somehow, still not enough.
You know what guys, this is what pisses people off.

I’m not fucking bitching and moaning. The chiefs beat Denver handily today. It was fun as hell.

Why does every god damn conversation here have to go this way? Can we not discuss this without it playing out this way?

The chiefs are better when the ball is in Mahomes hand and he’s throwing it. Maybe they can’t do that right now because they can’t protect any teams are dropping so many guys.

It didn’t seem like Denver did that today so much to me, but apparently it “challenged” my manhood? Whatever that means.

Denver brought more guys today a few times on plays they sacked Mahomes than the chiefs had blockers. That doesn’t seem like they were “taking away all the deep stuff” to me.

If teams are content to let the chiefs run it, have at it I guess. But that’s playing into the defenses hands and if they can dictate that, the chiefs offense isn’t as good as we think it is
[Reply]
O.city 10:40 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What?

Dude, you're losing it.

Edgerrin James had 300 carries in every season he played with Manning except for the 2 he was hurt in 2001-2002. Even after James left, they ran the ball a lot.

And Brady's teams ALWAYS ran the ball.
You’re right, those aren’t great examples. Are the rules the same now as they were then in terms of passing the ball?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 PM 10-25-2020
You know what guys, this is what pisses people off.

I’m not fucking bitching and moaning. The chiefs beat Denver handily today. It was fun as hell.

Why does every god damn conversation here have to go this way? Can we not discuss this without it playing out this way?

The chiefs are better when the ball is in Mahomes hand and he’s throwing it. Maybe they can’t do that right now because they can’t protect any teams are dropping so many guys.

It didn’t seem like Denver did that today so much to me, but apparently it “challenged” my manhood? Whatever that means.

Denver brought more guys today a few times on plays they sacked Mahomes than the chiefs had blockers. That doesn’t seem like they were “taking away all the deep stuff” to me.

If teams are content to let the chiefs run it, have at it I guess. But that’s playing into the defenses hands and if they can dictate that, the chiefs offense isn’t as good as we think it is
You brought it up.

Nobody has said anything nasty to you. It's a discussion and people don't agree with you.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:43 PM 10-25-2020
You’re right, those aren’t great examples. Are the rules the same now as they were then in terms of passing the ball?
In 2015, Ronnie Hillman and CJ Anderson combined for well over 300 carries.

The rules haven't change that much since 2015.
[Reply]
O.city 10:43 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by prhom:
Notice how you reference the 2013 Broncos and 2008 Pats though, and not the 2008 to 2012 Pats or 2013 to 2015 Broncos. Those offenses were historically great for a season and then were just really good or in the case of the 2015 Broncos, the offense fell off a cliff and the defense was their strength. The Chiefs offense has been unstoppable or nearly so for 2 years and now things aren’t quite so flashy. It’s more gritty now. Maybe we will have a down year compared to our expectations for complete and utter dominance? I’d also point out that neither of the teams you mentioned won the SB. I’ll take gritty team wins and Super Bowls over offensive records. There’s no QB or team I’d take over KC if you have to win a game on the last drive.
That’s true

But by playing this way it will also lead to more games where you need that last minute drive
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 PM 10-25-2020
That’s true

But by playing this way it will also lead to more games where you need that last minute drive
Good thing we have the most clutch QB in the league. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 PM 10-25-2020
In 2015, Ronnie Hillman and CJ Anderson combined for well over 300 carries.

The rules haven't change that much since 2015.
Chiefs had nearly 400 last year

Are you guys thinking they need to run it more than that?
[Reply]
O.city 10:47 PM 10-25-2020
Good thing we have the most clutch QB in the league. :-)
Seems that way.

Just seems like the offense has way to much talent to be stuck in neutral this much. It’s a combination of a lot of things but it’s tough seeing it especially when we’ve seen what it can be the last couple years
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:47 PM 10-25-2020
Chiefs had nearly 400 last year

Are you guys thinking they need to run it more than that?
I'm thinking as long as defenses are going to play this way and they have this many injuries, they need to run the ball. It's as simple as that.

They're going to have to teach teams that they can't sell out to stop the pass and win. Making games close isn't going to cut it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:50 PM 10-25-2020
And when I say making games close isn't going to cut it, I mean this:

The more times the Chiefs win like this, the less opposing defenses are going to sell out.

Slowing this offense down is a great goal IF it leads to a win but so far, it's not producing wins, just close games.

That's where the breakthrough will be. The Chiefs running the ball now will open things up later.

Remember, at this time last year, this team was busy losing 4 out of 6 because they couldn't win the ugly games.
[Reply]
O.city 10:50 PM 10-25-2020
I'm thinking as long as defenses are going to play this way and they have this many injuries, they need to run the ball. It's as simple as that.

They're going to have to teach teams that they can't sell out to stop the pass and win. Making games close isn't going to cut it.
That’s the only way teams will play them. It’s the only way to have a chance unless you have a good front that can rush the passer.

I also don’t think Denver did what buffalo did to take away the passing games today. They were sitting with two high safeties.

Chiefs offense just was blah today. Once they got ahead they really shut it down too. The ol needs to get healthy or look around for a trade or something
[Reply]
O.city 10:53 PM 10-25-2020
The only goal of opposing teams against this chiefs team is to be able to keep it in striking distance into the fourth quarter. If you do that you’ve got a punchers chance.

This is the best team in the league, I think fairly handily. They had one stinker agains the raiders but otherwise are kicking everyone’s ass by two scores atleast.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:55 PM 10-25-2020
Having a chance is only going to last so long. That's my point.

Teams are going to try something else soon because they're not going to just keep trying to keep it close if it doesn't eventually translate to the Chiefs getting beat.
[Reply]
O.city 10:59 PM 10-25-2020
Having a chance is only going to last so long. That's my point.

Teams are going to try something else soon because they're not going to just keep trying to keep it close if it doesn't eventually translate to the Chiefs getting beat.
I’m not sure what the other options are.

Against a team like this you’ve just gotta keep it close and hope to make a play or two here or there and the chiefs to have a miscue.

What else are teams gonna resort to? Trying to beat them in shootouts? That ain’t gonna work
[Reply]
Page 157 of 161
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161 >
Up