ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 111
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:09 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So you expect Watkins to take less money?
Considering he's just about the highest paid wr in the NFL this year, yes. He wouldn't come close to $21 million a year on the open market, especially this year.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 12:12 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I disagree.

If they can extend Watkins where he helps the cap situation, they retain a guy who knows the system, has trust with Mahomes, and has big play ability. Watkins' health remains a concern, but he is still young and is a tremendous talent. If teams dedicate scheme resources to Kelce/Hill, we have seen Sammy feast.

D-Rob is the guy you can replace with a draft pick. There would be no immediate pressure to acclimate another young receiver with Hardman and Pringle able to step in and contribute more in a #4/#5 role.

Sammy is not guaranteed to get any big offers if he is released, knowing this upcoming crop is deep. He might want long term security instead, and should strongly consider staying. He's vocalized his appreciation for the coaching and training staff in KC, plus he will be on a perennial contender.

Makes too much sense to add a couple years to his current contract where everyone benefits.
Great points. I dont understand why people undervalue Sammy so much. Keep that offense together and keep adding pieces to the defense.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:13 PM 03-19-2020

BREAKING: San Fransisco 49'ers DB Richard Sherman announces that he will be practicing 'Social-distancing' , just like he did with Sammy Watkins in Super Bowl 2020. pic.twitter.com/r3xez5po40

— In Pursuit of Truth (@IPOT1776) March 19, 2020

[Reply]
Hoover 12:14 PM 03-19-2020
I think an extension is what's in Sammy's best interest. Frankly, as much as he's bounced around I would think finding a place to call home and have a career with a stud QB seems to be exactly what he needs. The only teams that I could see wanting him would be the Packers or Texans, but knowing our situation I bet both are content to just wait for a release.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:14 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Smaller deals starting to fall into place.

That’s a steal. If Jones was done I almost guarantee that’s a deal Veach makes blindfolded.
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
How about a 3 year Watkins extension, $30M, convert $10M of his $13.75M base salary to signing bonus to bring his cap hit down to $13.5M in 2020...

Then it’d be about the same hit for the remaining years.
Have you listened to Watkins?

He’s not taking anything near that low of a deal.

He legit thinks he’s Julio Jones.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:16 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:

And he’s got a better chance of growing a 2nd dick than getting another $16M+ AAV on a new deal. So I don’t really care who he thinks he is.
[Reply]
Chargem 12:16 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Hmm Ryan who I believe is better than Breeland wants 10 mil a year.

If we cut/restructure Sammy and sign Jones so that he doesn't have such a big current year cap hit, I'd be okay with Ryan on a 3 year deal averaging 10m.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:30 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
If we cut/restructure Sammy and sign Jones so that he doesn't have such a big current year cap hit, I'd be okay with Ryan on a 3 year deal averaging 10m.
I’d rather re sign Breeland for that money. He knows the system
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:35 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That’s a steal. If Jones was done I almost guarantee that’s a deal Veach makes blindfolded.

Jones equalled Watkins' entire production from 2018-2019 in one season last year. Watkins can take a hike if he doesn't significantly decrease his salary.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:37 PM 03-19-2020
Nick Vigil, Ronald Darby and Ross Cockrell

This are guys on the top of my list for us to sign
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:56 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Smaller deals starting to fall into place.

Hell of a signing for that price
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:57 PM 03-19-2020

New story. The Chiefs weren't part of the frenzy when free agency began. But the team is expected to be active in the coming days. Here's 10 players who could fit their plans. https://t.co/P7UsRJJqqY

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) March 19, 2020

Anybody know the 10? I don’t have access
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:00 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:

Anybody know the 10? I don’t have access
The Athletic is supposed to be free for the next 90 days.

But the 10 are.

Robert-Coleman, CB
Kevin Johnson, CB
Devonta Freeman, RB
Delanie Walker, TE
Logan Ryan, CB
Shelby Harris, DT
Nigel Bradham, LB
Brandon Mebane, DT
Ronald Darby, CB
Jonathan Joseph, CB
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:01 PM 03-19-2020

But the 10 are.

Robert-Coleman, CB
Kevin Johnson, CB
Devonta Freeman, RB
Delanie Walker, TE
Logan Ryan, CB
Shelby Harris, DT
Nigel Bradham, LB
Brandon Mebane, DT
Ronald Darby, CB
Jonathan Joseph, CB
The only way we can do this is if a Jones extension is near or a Sammy extension or cut is near as well. Deal is Walker would be so potent in this offense
[Reply]
tatorhog 01:04 PM 03-19-2020

But the 10 are.

Robert-Coleman, CB
Kevin Johnson, CB
Devonta Freeman, RB
Delanie Walker, TE
Logan Ryan, CB
Shelby Harris, DT
Nigel Bradham, LB
Brandon Mebane, DT
Ronald Darby, CB
Jonathan Joseph, CB
Walker would be a killer #2.

If they have 2 DT's on the list, would that mean they are speculating that we are pruning off some of the current DL?
[Reply]
Page 52 of 111
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102 > Last »
Up