ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 291 of 293
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Kiimo 01:42 PM 04-03-2018
Dok has assets that will get him drafted in the first round though. He doesn't have to be ADavis or Towns, who are generational.

He has soft hands, can catch and pass out of a double team. He has nimble feet for his size.

And he's younger than De Sousa. He's going to grow into a force. Some people are comparing him with Jahlil Okafor. That guy is like 6'9 tops.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:43 PM 04-03-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, there are always exceptions to the rule I suppose.

Can we go ahead and mark you down as saying doke is the level of athlete that Howard was?
No but he can be a good shot blocker/ rebounder at the next level.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:43 PM 04-03-2018
For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...102-story.html
[Reply]
O.city 01:46 PM 04-03-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Dok has assets that will get him drafted in the first round though. He doesn't have to be ADavis or Towns, who are generational.

He has soft hands, can catch and pass out of a double team. He has nimble feet for his size.

And he's younger than De Sousa. He's going to grow into a force. Some people are comparing him with Jahlil Okafor. That guy is like 6'9 tops.
Davis and towns are great, but that’s the mold of today’s bigs in the league.

Look at what’s happened to okafor. The traditional post up big man in the nba isn’t exactly a hot position anymore.

Doesn’t mean he can’t play in the league, it’s just not valued like it previously was
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:49 PM 04-03-2018
Jakob Pöltl is a 7 footer for the Raptors. He was drafted #9 by Toronto in 2016.

He attempted zero threes in college or NBA.

Zero. He was a 43% free thrower in college.

Originally Posted by :
Attempting only a half dozen shots from any significant distance away the rim over the last two years, Poeltl is not a particularly dangerous weapon outside the paint at this stage. He shows the ability to make sound decisions with the ball on short rolls to the rim and reads in hand off situations, but he isn't a very versatile offensive player. He made massive strides as a free throw shooter this season, upping his percentage from a dismal 43% to a very serviceable 69% as a sophomore, and made a few jump shots in national team play last summer, but it remains to be seen if Poeltl's skill level away from the rim will evolve into an asset for him down the road. - ©DraftExpress
Don't write off Doke yet.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:53 PM 04-03-2018
Georgios Papagiannis is a 7 footer for Portland. He was drafted #13 by Portland in 2016.

He attempted zero threes in Euro league or NBA.

He was a 50% free thrower in the Euro league.

there are more, I could go on. I won't though, Doke can be lottery.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:00 PM 04-03-2018
One more, just to show that there isn't a trend of NBA teams ignoring bigs who can't shoot.

Bam Adebayo was drafted last year by the Heat at #14. Zero threes, 60% free throw percentage. He's only 6'9.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:03 PM 04-03-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Just mind boggling to me. There is a possibility that the best guy we return is Mitch Lightfoot. (yes I realize we have transfers and freshman coming in)

I think probably 25% chance we lose not only Newman, but Vick and Udoka as well.
Newman will go. He would have been a lottery pick out of high school if it was allowed. He can help an NBA team.

l hope Vick goes.

I just don’t see how Doke leaves. He’s just not ready. I don’t agree with KCC’s opinion that there is no room in todays NBA for the Doke’s of the game. That said, I’ve not seen a single mock draft with him being drafted. He’s going to play in Europe?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:57 PM 04-03-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m not sure doke can cover bigs in the pick and roll game
He can't even cover college players in the pick and roll game so NBA players would annihilate him.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:00 PM 04-03-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Jakob Pöltl is a 7 footer for the Raptors. He was drafted #9 by Toronto in 2016.

He attempted zero threes in college or NBA.

Zero. He was a 43% free thrower in college.

Don't write off Doke yet.
I watch Poeltl every few nights here. He's an elite defensive big who is able to move his feet exceptionally well for someone his size and deals with the PnR game about as well as any 7 footer. No, he can't shoot but he does enough on the defensive end that it doesn't matter. Udoka does not provide those qualities right now.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:04 PM 04-03-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Newman will go. He would have been a lottery pick out of high school if it was allowed. He can help an NBA team.

l hope Vick goes.

I just don’t see how Doke leaves. He’s just not ready. I don’t agree with KCC’s opinion that there is no room in todays NBA for the Doke’s of the game. That said, I’ve not seen a single mock draft with him being drafted. He’s going to play in Europe?
If he wants to play in the NBA, he needs to get really good at something that isn't shooting within 5 feet from the basket (because that doesn't matter in the slightest in the NBA). And at the college level, he isn't particularly good at anything other than that right now.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:16 PM 04-03-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I watch Poeltl every few nights here. He's an elite defensive big who is able to move his feet exceptionally well for someone his size and deals with the PnR game about as well as any 7 footer. No, he can't shoot but he does enough on the defensive end that it doesn't matter. Udoka does not provide those qualities right now.
Didn't Poeltl block like a kazillion shots in college?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:30 PM 04-03-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Didn't Poeltl block like a kazillion shots in college?
He did in his freshman year and not so much in his sophomore year (which likely had to do with his offensive usage rate going up significantly and consequently not exerting so much energy on the defensive end). In the NBA, he's morphed more back into a Steven Adams/Andrew Bogut type player, which is what he resembled in Year 1 Utah.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:04 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If he wants to play in the NBA, he needs to get really good at something that isn't shooting within 5 feet from the basket (because that doesn't matter in the slightest in the NBA). And at the college level, he isn't particularly good at anything other than that right now.
This is called moving the goalposts.

Doke won't make it, because big men have to be able to shoot with range now!

*response providing several big men who don't shoot with range who were drafted high*

Doke won't make it, because big men have to be able to do something other than what I just said they have to do!

I mean, I don't understand this narrative: Udoka Azubuike will not be drafted ever in the first round or just this year? Because, if he comes out, he'll be drafted in the first round. Just hope it's low enough that he sees the merit in returning.

But knowing his backstory, if he can achieve any kind of financial success and get his family out of Nigeria, then I wish him every success and next man up.

But I think he'll be a beast next year if he stays. This was his first full year, you realize.
[Reply]
O.city 12:42 PM 04-04-2018
I don't think he'd go in the first round this year. From what I've seen, he isn't projected in the first anywhere.
[Reply]
Page 291 of 293
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293 >
Up