ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 283 of 293
« First < 183233273279280281282283 284285286287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:33 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
You assume, of course, that KU would have been able to match the shooting percentage, which was unprecedented in a FF game. What Villanova did was unprecedented...and therefore not a product of coaching.

You should be happy...you've predicted a KU loss since round one. It's time for you to take you glory. dont ****ing pretend it was coaching
I wish I was pretending. I was it was as simple as Villanova being a great team playing a great game, but there were coaching issues to be addressed here. The fact that I've never criticized Self like this before after his many other tournament losses should tell you something.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:34 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I was surprised as anyone that they made it this far.

Still sucks watching them lose and not seeing seniors play any more. Sucks every year.
absolutely...KU has wasted more talent than this.

Quite frankly, the FF was a major milestone for this team.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:35 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:
KU has three good 3-point shooters (I don't trust Vick). KU doesn't have a Spillman. There's no mismatch on the perimeter. It's much tougher to guard five 3-point shooters who can also very easily drive.

The only thing that would have changed if KU took a bunch of shitty contested threes in the first half is that you wouldn't be able to say "Self got out-coached." The outcome of the game would be very much the same, I'm afraid.
Try Lightfoot on Spellman, he can move his feet well enough to keep up with him. Have Lightfoot take some threes (he showed early in the season he was capable of it) and open up the offense for others. Run all of their shooters off the 3PT line even if it gives them a good path to the basket, it's better than giving them every 3PT shot they want. He stuck with Azubuike stubbornly and there were things to be done that he never even attempted and I'm not sure why.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 09:35 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Good season. If you would have told me this team was going to be in the FF in Jan/Feb...I would have called you a liar.
Not a KU fan but good post.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:35 PM 03-31-2018
KU's first three all game was taken at what point of the game?

I think Self's biggest knock on this game was that his gameplan necessitated on us winning 2 > 3 and he waited far too long to make any adjustments. It happens, even the best coaches have off days. I'll trade games like Duke for games like this - there's never any shame in dropping in the Final Four.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:36 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I wish I was pretending. I was it was as simple as Villanova being a great team playing a great game, but there were coaching issues to be addressed here. The fact that I've never criticized Self like this before after his many other tournament losses should tell you something.
You picked the wrong time to criticize the coaching then. Regardless your motives.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:38 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
absolutely...KU has wasted more talent than this.

Quite frankly, the FF was a major milestone for this team.
no shit. Everyone that posts in this thread anyway,thought this was the least talented team in recent times. In retrospect, I’m sure we will consider a Big 12 conference and tourney championship and a final four an over achievement for their talent level.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:39 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by :
The Wildcats set the Final Four record for 3-pointers made in a game en route to a 95-79 win over Kansas and a spot in Monday's national championship game against Michigan. Villanova tied the record in the first half and broke it within the first minute of the second half. They finished with 18 made 3-pointers.

So, historic, absolutely.

But here's the best part: it wasn't even Villanova's best shooting game this month.

Villanova has already shot a better percentage from behind the arc twice in the NCAA tournament. The Wildcats went 14-for-27 (51.9 percent) from 3-point range against Radford in the first round and then went for 13-for-24 (54.2 percent) against West Virginia in the Sweet 16. They also made 17 3-pointers they made against Alabama in the second round.

In other words: while it might have been historic, it wasn't that far out of the ordinary for Villanova.

This is what the Wildcats do.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...sas-final-four
[Reply]
Pants 09:39 PM 03-31-2018
Try Lightfoot on Spellman, he can move his feet well enough to keep up with him. Have Lightfoot take some threes (he showed early in the season he was capable of it) and open up the offense for others. Run all of their shooters off the 3PT line even if it gives them a good path to the basket, it's better than giving them every 3PT shot they want. He stuck with Azubuike stubbornly and there were things to be done that he never even attempted and I'm not sure why.
Mitch was a defensive disaster during the 2 minutes he played. Spillman would have his way with Mitch.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:41 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
KU's first three all game was taken at what point of the game?

I think Self's biggest knock on this game was that his gameplan necessitated on us winning 2 > 3 and he waited far too long to make any adjustments. It happens, even the best coaches have off days. I'll trade games like Duke for games like this - there's never any shame in dropping in the Final Four.
There's definitely no shame in this season. Tech could have easily won conference this year over this team and KU could have lost early in the tournament. The fact that neither of those things happened is a testament to Self's ability to coach a team up and his ability to adjust to his personnel (KU, after all, ended up taking more threes than ever before in the program's history). But there's also no denying he didn't help give us much of a shot tonight with that first half coaching job.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:43 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:
Mitch was a defensive disaster during the 2 minutes he played. Spillman would have his way with Mitch.
Could have been the case, but I would have liked to have seen it far more than we did because of Azubuike's weaknesses playing right into Nova's hands.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:47 PM 03-31-2018
There are plenty of games where teams have shot 50% from three over a half or even over a game in the Final Four (it could even be 1 for 2 or 3 for 6 or whatever). Why is it necessary for me to find them for you? It would be in the dozens.
While true, the larger a sample size the more you regress to the mean. So its much easier to shoot 50% from 3 if you take 8 in a half. Much mich more difficult when you take 26. Its math. But I follow what you are saying and agree with most of your arguments. Chiefsplanet is not ready for math and advanced analytics.

As is life, you cant always be results oriented. You need to have an effective strategy and stick to it. Ive had 50k breakeven streaks in poker (online anyway), and always come out on top once I reach a reasonable sample size.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:48 PM 03-31-2018
The scary part is that was a ho hum effort for Nova. Wright is the mastermind of the sport right now
[Reply]
BWillie 09:50 PM 03-31-2018
Could have been the case, but I would have liked to have seen it far more than we did because of Azubuike's weaknesses playing right into Nova's hands.
Mitch was only a disaster at that point because we were trapping and giving up the long oass for an easy to. Because we were down, you know, 20. (Replying to on previous poster u quoted)
[Reply]
TLO 09:52 PM 03-31-2018
So I guess the motto for next year should be "Fuck the Final Four, National Championship or bust, baby"?
[Reply]
Page 283 of 293
« First < 183233273279280281282283 284285286287 > Last »
Up