ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 59
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:41 PM 03-03-2015
We'll probably never get this, since it's one of the rumored spinoff movies, but a great sendoff for the Rebels series finale would be the crew of the Ghost stealing the Death Star Plans.
[Reply]
007 12:50 AM 03-04-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
We'll probably never get this, since it's one of the rumored spinoff movies, but a great sendoff for the Rebels series finale would be the crew of the Ghost stealing the Death Star Plans.
I thought Rebels was a lead-in to Ep VII?

So all this takes place before ANH?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:58 AM 03-04-2015
Originally Posted by Guru:
I thought Rebels was a lead-in to Ep VII?

So all this takes place before ANH?
Yes. Tarkin, Vader, etc are in it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:10 AM 03-04-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
I wouldn't be surprised if Rebels played a small part in that scenario because there are rumors of Sabrine Wren being cast in Gareth Edward's spinoff.
[Reply]
Fish 07:48 AM 03-04-2015
Chopper is fucking awesome. When he threw the other droid out the hatch, I completely lost it....
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 09:44 AM 03-04-2015
Already looking forward to a potential Ahsoka / Vader showdown.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:50 PM 04-18-2015
My god. We're getting the full fucking Vader treatment with JEJ voice. FUCK! CAPTAIN REX!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:56 PM 04-18-2015
Awesome
Attached: kvv.jpg (25.5 KB) 
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:01 PM 04-18-2015
Holy. Fucking. Shit! Has anyone else watched the Rebels Season 2 trailer?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:06 PM 04-18-2015
Captain Rex and his Clone trooper buddies living on an ancient AT-TE in the desert somewhere is just amazing.

Also looks like we're getting a ton of Ahsoka.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:23 PM 04-18-2015
This trailer for Season Two of Rebels is everything I expected from the prequel trilogy and more! It's just amazing.

And Rex! While I'm stoked to see him, how are they going to explain how he's still alive and why he isn't "programmed" to kill the Jedi, including Ahsoka?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:25 PM 04-18-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This trailer for Season Two of Rebels is everything I expected from the prequel trilogy and more! It's just amazing.
It really looks like season 1 on steroids. I bet they increased the budget big time.

I need to buy more Disney stock.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:39 PM 04-18-2015
With the latest Force Awakens trailer and now season two of Rebels, it's clearly obvious that Lucasfilm finally gets what every fan has wanted from this franchise.

It's too bad we had to wait more than 30 years to get it but hey, better late than never.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:47 PM 04-18-2015
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand downloading season 1 in 1080.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:07 PM 04-18-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
With the latest Force Awakens trailer and now season two of Rebels, it's clearly obvious that Lucasfilm finally gets what every fan has wanted from this franchise.

It's too bad we had to wait more than 30 years to get it but hey, better late than never.
Just needed the original fans to grow up and get jobs in the industry and take it over. :-)
[Reply]
Page 17 of 59
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up