ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 56
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:05 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by Delano:
Maybe if you can watch Leary without wanting to vomit.
No kidding. Who could?
[Reply]
Brock 09:06 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I love the folks who week in, week out, complain about the Sopranos being what it has always been.

Nobody, probably not even Chase, knows what happens after the fade. But what we got in return for the lack of closure is, IMO [and yes I'm sure half the country disagrees], better. A visceral sense of what it's like to be Tony, the wariness, the juggling home, business, enemies, 'special moments,' all the anvils over his head, then . . . what?
I don't care about the lack of closure, that's what this show has been about from day one. I'm just saying a 5 second blank screen is a copout.
[Reply]
Brock 09:07 AM 06-11-2007
And enough with the oranges, cats, and all the other harbingers of doom, already. We get it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:08 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by Brock:
I don't care about the lack of closure, that's what this show has been about from day one. I'm just saying a 5 second blank screen is a copout.
You'd have preferred what? 3 seconds? 10? Direct to credits?
[Reply]
Brock 09:15 AM 06-11-2007
You'd have preferred what? 3 seconds? 10? Direct to credits?
Something with some thought put into it. I know,that's asking a lot.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:22 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by Troy1220:
I don't know if seeing Tony with a bullet between the eyes and blood splattered all over his family would have made me feel any better about the ending.
That's basically what I wanted to see. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:24 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by Brock:
Something with some thought put into it. I know,that's asking a lot.
I can almost guarantee this was the ending Chase envisioned if not from the very beginning, from very early on.

And not knowing what comes next IS the thought that went into it.

Real life doesn't end like a movie, at least it won't until the world ends.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:24 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by frazod:
That's basically what I wanted to see. :-)
Watch a different show. :-)
[Reply]
Brock 09:29 AM 06-11-2007
And not knowing what comes next IS the thought that went into it.

Real life doesn't end like a movie, at least it won't until the world ends.
Yeah, hey, thanks for explaining that to me. But I've got a better explanation: Pure laziness.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:29 AM 06-11-2007
To me it looks like a great way to end a show if you dont what is going to happen in the future. If you want to kill off the show, well its dead. If you want a reunion special in 3 to 5 years, its still available.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:30 AM 06-11-2007
Watch a different show. :-)
I never watched this show regularly, and quit watching it all together after it turned into Brokeback Goombas. It always seemed overraught, and almost none of the characters were sympathetic or even likeable. I basically wanted to see the whole goddamn bunch of them get mowed down by multiple machine guns, and I'm annoyed that it didn't happen. It was nothing more than a wasted hour of my life (to be fair, a wasted 59 minutes and 30 seconds - the head getting squished was cool :-) ).
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:33 AM 06-11-2007
I think they just intended to leave one of those see-what-you-want-to-see endings.

At least until they cash in again.
[Reply]
RJ 09:36 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by BigRock:
I don't think anything happened to Tony. The entire diner sequence just made the viewer experience what it must be like for someone like Tony every day, always looking up to see who's coming in, never knowing if the regular-looking guy at the counter is the one who's going to pull the gun.

All the quick shots to random people in the diner helped build the tension, and showing Meadow delayed with her car helped foster the notion that something would happen. You're already filled with tension, and you see Meadow struggling with the car, and you think that something's going to happen and she'll just miss it because she's late. Or being late will cause something to happen to her that wouldn't have otherwise.

And tension just builds and builds and, at the end, nothing happens. It's what every day must be like for a guy like Tony.

I'm not saying it was a good ending, but that's what I got from it. :-)

Ditto here. That is exactly what I took from it.

Irritating? Yeah, a little.

Bad ending? Not really, it was about what I expected.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 09:48 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by frazod:
I never watched this show regularly, and quit watching it all together after it turned into Brokeback Goombas. It always seemed overraught, and almost none of the characters were sympathetic or even likeable. I basically wanted to see the whole goddamn bunch of them get mowed down by multiple machine guns, and I'm annoyed that it didn't happen. It was nothing more than a wasted hour of my life (to be fair, a wasted 59 minutes and 30 seconds - the head getting squished was cool :-) ).
Man you've got issues, see somebody for help.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:49 AM 06-11-2007
Maybe they wanted to generate some buzz with the ending.....which they did quite well.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 56
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Up