ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 56
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
Swanman 07:50 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Question for you older tv fans, how did some of the classic primetime dramas from the 80's end? Did they leave you hanging on for what might have happened.
MASH really set the standard for a series finale, with a 2.5 hour show. At the end, the characters left Korea, which was a perfect ending that made sense.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:50 AM 06-11-2007
I felt very cheated at first, but after having an opportunity to mull it over and also hear feedback from others, I really like the way it ended.

If you watched the show from the beginning your feelings about Tony and the show will be starkly different I think than those that jumped on board later down the road. The quickness of Chase's shots and infusion of more music than usual reminded me very much of the old days.

I love the fact he left it open as frustrating as it was on first view.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:08 AM 06-11-2007
From another site, kinda interesting take:

Originally Posted by :
Maybe the ending was brilliant after all...

The Perfect Ending [Kathryn Jean Lopez]

The Sopranos ending made perfect sense and was perfectly appropriate..

George Conway e-mails: “You probably don’t even hear it when it happens.” Bobby’s comment to Tony Soprano on the lake, which Tony recalls as he lay on the mattress in the safehouse with an AR-15 assault rifle on his chest, tells us exactly what happened at Holsten’s. We don’t see or hear what happens to Tony because Tony doesn’t see or hear it happen, either.

Which makes perfect sense: the whole saga was about him, about life from his perspective. His desires, his fears. His dreams, his flashbacks, his thoughts. So why would we get to see his lifeless body on the table in a pool of blood? Why would we get to see his brain-matter-spattered family screaming in horror, the way we saw Mrs. Leotardo scream? Why would we even want to see that?

No, all we see is Tony, this murderer whose ordinariness fascinates us as it repels us, with his family in their last moments together, as he passes a large basket of (what else) fried food, listening to an anthem of his youth: “Payin’ anything to roll the dice/Just one more time/Some will win/Some will lose . . . Don’t stop . . .”

And then it stops. Cut to black. Only he didn’t get to see the credits. There was complete closure. It could not have been a more fitting ending. . .

[Reply]
Que Card QB 08:18 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
From another site, kinda interesting take:
Plus, has anyone caught that it was episode #86? Eighty six'd.
[Reply]
Troy1220 08:25 AM 06-11-2007
I don't know if seeing Tony with a bullet between the eyes and blood splattered all over his family would have made me feel any better about the ending.
[Reply]
hawkchief 08:28 AM 06-11-2007
There's too much franchise value to the show to kill Tony, thus the Sopranos. Sadly, the door had to be left open for a possible future movie, or even a series.
[Reply]
Brock 08:31 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I thought it was brilliant. They're all dead. Meadow watched them get killed, then she was killed. Story over.
I don't think so. It was a cop out ending.
[Reply]
cadmonkey 08:38 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by runnercyclist:
Now that The Sopranos is over, is there any recomendations for other series to tivo?

If so, please give a short description and why you like it.

Thanks!
Rescue Me.......best show on TV
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:46 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by hawkchief:
There's too much franchise value to the show to kill Tony, thus the Sopranos. Sadly, the door had to be left open for a possible future movie, or even a series.
Nope. This is the end my friend...

Seriously, Gandalfini has said he is done with Tony, and has wanted to end this thing for the last 2 seasons. If there is a movie, he won't be in it, and what's the point then?

What did everyone think of the cat? Spirit of Christopher? Some kind of omen, hence the reason Paulie is freaking out about it? (Cats are the guardians of the underworld or some crap in Egyptian mythology I think...)Just another thing to throw in to make people talk?
[Reply]
Pushead2 08:48 AM 06-11-2007
He got wacked, and the ending blowed.
[Reply]
Delano 08:50 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by cadmonkey:
Rescue Me.......best show on TV
Maybe if you can watch Leary without wanting to vomit.
[Reply]
Pushead2 08:50 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by Delano:
Maybe if you can watch Leary without wanting to vomit.
Remember " I'm an Asshole!"

Nuff said...... :-)
[Reply]
hawkchief 08:54 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Nope. This is the end my friend...

Seriously, Gandalfini has said he is done with Tony, and has wanted to end this thing for the last 2 seasons. If there is a movie, he won't be in it, and what's the point then?

What did everyone think of the cat? Spirit of Christopher? Some kind of omen, hence the reason Paulie is freaking out about it? (Cats are the guardians of the underworld or some crap in Egyptian mythology I think...)Just another thing to throw in to make people talk?
Maybe, maybe not. Over time, for various reason, people change their minds. Gandolfini could go John Daly and gaamble away his millions, or Chase might discover the Sopranos is his calling. Too much value to risk it all on some blood-spattered ending.

The cat thing was very weird.
[Reply]
cadmonkey 08:54 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by Swanman:
MASH really set the standard for a series finale, with a 2.5 hour show. At the end, the characters left Korea, which was a perfect ending that made sense.

Cheers was a great ending as well. The bar is slosed and the shade is drawn in the window.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:02 AM 06-11-2007
I love the folks who week in, week out, complain about the Sopranos being what it has always been.

Nobody, probably not even Chase, knows what happens after the fade. But what we got in return for the lack of closure is, IMO [and yes I'm sure half the country disagrees], better. A visceral sense of what it's like to be Tony, the wariness, the juggling home, business, enemies, 'special moments,' all the anvils over his head, then . . . what? We've received enough 'clues' throughout the years to build a speculative case in half a billion different directions.
But in the life there is no taking a breath and saying 'that chapter's passed.' It's the anxiety, and pressures, and concerns, and dangers, hanging over your head 24/7, and you never know what's next, just how you have to survive whatever does.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 56
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Up