ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 56
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:38 AM 06-11-2007
I thought it was brilliant. They're all dead. Meadow watched them get killed, then she was killed. Story over.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:45 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I thought it was brilliant. They're all dead. Meadow watched them get killed, then she was killed. Story over.

Did you watch the same episode that I did? Tony and family had a night out at a diner, which also shows a mild paranoia of Tony checking out everyone then stopped abruptly to black. It was end credits after that
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:48 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Did you watch the same episode that I did? Tony and family had a night out at a diner, which also shows a mild paranoia of Tony checking out everyone then stopped abruptly to black. It was end credits after that
Yes. As mentioned previously, Bobby asked Tony what you see just before you die. "Black" was the answer. Journey was playing in the background, the family was all together and they had several suspicious looking guys milling around. It was only a matter of time before someone "Popped" them.

The moral of the story is that they're never safe. EVER. Whether it was that night or another night, someone was going to kill them.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:20 AM 06-11-2007
bleh. I've only watched for the last 3-4 seasons, and they string it out so long that I can't remember all the details mentioned here. So for me, it was a dissapointing piece of shit. I looked at it as, OK, Carm is doing her house thing, Meadow is going to be a lawyer (probably Tony's at some point), AJ "magically" gets out of his depression and becomes a movie producer, and Tony...Tony gets sent to prison.

The cat staring at Christopher's picture was kinda funny I thought.

But on the whole, based on seasons past, I thought it just sucked. Screw reality. If I wanted that I would just watch the news. I want a cool ending that makes all the waiting worth it. I don't care what anyone says, I just don't think we got that. We got lazy writing.

...or it was genius and I'm too friggin' stupid to get it, which is entirely possible. Either way, I feel like I busted my ass to get home from a BBQ for nothing.
[Reply]
boogblaster 06:46 AM 06-11-2007
That ending sucked as bad as the Dungver Donks...
[Reply]
Swanman 06:55 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by Otter:
Nothing is going to compare to The Sopranos. Be glad we were alive to enjoy it.
The Wire > The Sopranos
[Reply]
jidar 07:01 AM 06-11-2007
the final scene was as good as the show gets. The tension build up, the sights and sounds of the cafe, the music. It blew me away.

Then they ended it abruptly and I got pissed. Now we can all imagine our own ending! ****ing cop out if you ask me.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:10 AM 06-11-2007
Question for you older tv fans, how did some of the classic primetime dramas from the 80's end? Did they leave you hanging on for what might have happened.
[Reply]
eazyb81 07:13 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Question for you older tv fans, how did some of the classic primetime dramas from the 80's end? Did they leave you hanging on for what might have happened.
I thought this ending was a cop-out on par with Newhart.
[Reply]
KevB 07:19 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yes. As mentioned previously, Bobby asked Tony what you see just before you die. "Black" was the answer. Journey was playing in the background, the family was all together and they had several suspicious looking guys milling around. It was only a matter of time before someone "Popped" them.

The moral of the story is that they're never safe. EVER. Whether it was that night or another night, someone was going to kill them.
But what was the motive? I'm not completely against this line of thinking, but who wanted Tony whacked at that point? I think Chase intentionally left it up to everyone's imagination....it ended how each person wanted it to end. Did Tony get whacked, did life go on with the impending legal issues hanging over his head....who knows?
[Reply]
eazyb81 07:19 AM 06-11-2007
Awful. Absolutely awful. Don't give me this crap about Chase's brilliance, this was a big F you to all the fans that have cared about this show over the past 8+ years. Everyone argued about how this would end, but we all wanted some sort of closure, and we didn't get it. Every story needs an end, and Chase decided we didn't deserve one. I'm pissed, I feel like I wasted my time caring about this story and these characters.

Anyways, was I the only one that noticed the brief scene when Tony walked into the diner and looked at himself sitting in the booth? He wasn't wearing the same outfit that he was wearing when he was with the family, and I don't believe they would make a mistake like that in the final scene of the final episode. A friend of mine believes Tony has been dead since Junior shot him, which might explain some odd details over the last few episodes, but i'm not sure.
[Reply]
Que Card QB 07:28 AM 06-11-2007
It was good and I for one am glad they left us hanging. I didn't want to see it end and it didn't. Our imaginations are running wild with what might happen in the diner (if anything at all). It's a perfect set up for the movie.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:35 AM 06-11-2007
Movie might be tough.

I don't know what the contract clauses are for each of the actors, but James G. was on NPR last week saying he is glad he is done with playing Tony. He said he used to like playing him, but after what he did to Chrissy, he was pretty much tired of him and glad it was over.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:43 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by eazyb81:
Everyone argued about how this would end, but we all wanted some sort of closure, and we didn't get it. Every story needs an end,
Sounds like a typically Lost episode. No closure. No answers. More questions.

Overall, I liked the episode. Like everyone else, I'm not quite sure what happened. I'm leaning toward the black meant death for Tony, but who really knows.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:50 AM 06-11-2007
Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement:
Movie might be tough.

I don't know what the contract clauses are for each of the actors, but James G. was on NPR last week saying he is glad he is done with playing Tony. He said he used to like playing him, but after what he did to Chrissy, he was pretty much tired of him and glad it was over.
I had read that he was afraid of being typecast (hence the two year layoff) as Tony Soprano. I thought last night's episode was boring and basically castrated Tony.

I also didn't like the weakass AJ storyline...
[Reply]
Page 47 of 56
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Up