ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 56
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
Pushead2 08:10 PM 06-10-2007
If they came out with a movie in all seriousness I would not see it. No support for people that mad a horseshit ending like that to capsize a great tv show.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:10 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ted:
So I guess he decided to film 3 endings, and show none of them. What a douchebag.
The asshat is thinking more about DVD sales than the legacy of his creation.
[Reply]
ksushark 08:12 PM 06-10-2007
Chase is an asshole! I can't believe I was looking forward to that shit for 2 years and that's what they gave us
[Reply]
penchief 08:13 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by frazod:
What cocksuckers. That ending was HORRIBLE. :-)
I think the joke was on us. The show made a habit of leaving us hanging. And they did it one final time. Heck, they didn't even give us a clue with a song to end the show. They just went total silence on us, visual and audio.

Did he get shot in the back of the head just as he saw his family coming together in his own mind? Was it his moment of clarity at the exact moment his life ended?

But of course, we'll debate what it all means until they come out with a movie. They left all the remaining pieces hanging so that they can come back together if needed.

Silvio was my favorite character.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:14 PM 06-10-2007
Shitty ending aside, what are your thoughts?

Tony "saying goodbye" to Sil, Junior, etc because he's going to prison?

Because he's going into the "program?" Looking at plans for a "beach house" and talking about AJ working in Hollywood?

Was he gonna get whacked in the Diner?

None of the above?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:15 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by Chiefs_Mike_Topeka:
what the holy **** was that!

I thought my directv went out right then.

How ****ing crappy was that ending!
I thought my recording was cut short and then I remembered I was watching live so I thought it was a cable outage......I can't believe they cut the show off like that.:-)
[Reply]
Swanman 08:16 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:

Because he's going into the "program?" Looking at plans for a "beach house" and talking about AJ working in Hollywood?

None of the above?
The guy that walked into the men's room looked like he didn't have good intentions. And what the hell was the symbolism behind Med not being able to parallel park?
[Reply]
trndobrd 08:18 PM 06-10-2007
All you Entourage fans might get to see AJ next season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:18 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by Swanman:
The guy that walked into the men's room looked like he didn't have good intentions. And what the hell was the symbolism behind Med not being able to parallel park?
And the black dudes walking into the diner. Thats suppose to throw us off also? and the dude in the baseball cap? A lot of suspect people in that diner.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:19 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Neither did the guy who walked in with AJ who they went back to a bit later.

Or the black guys who walked in towards the end.

And it's still feasable that those two guys were Feds, and were watching out for the family, going into the program.

There's honestly too many possibilities here, probably exactly how Chase wanted to leave it....open ended.....
[Reply]
Pushead2 08:19 PM 06-10-2007
black people too at the gas station......
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:19 PM 06-10-2007
Don't Stop!
[Reply]
Uncle_Ted 08:22 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
If they came out with a movie in all seriousness I would not see it. No support for people that mad a horseshit ending like that to capsize a great tv show.
Agreed. Bad enough to get a$$-raped once, no need to willingly go back for seconds.
[Reply]
HolmeZz 08:24 PM 06-10-2007
"my theory is that the whole show has been through the eyes of Tony and the dude that went into the bathroom shot him in the back of the head, thus the fade to black ending"

From another board.
[Reply]
penchief 08:25 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:

None of the above?
I think the family is coming back to Tony. He said he'd finance AJ's creative ventures and Meadow said she wanted to defend Italians from injustices after witnessing the way her dad was treated. Meanwhile, Carmelo's back to her real estate dreams and Tony has secured financial security for Janice.

As far as his crime family goes, Paulie is an eccentric personality but loyal. Turns out that "Crosseyed' was to Phil what many suspected Paulie would be to Tony. Carmine Jr. has used his influence to broker a peace between the NY & NJ families. If Silvio comes out of his coma, he's got his right hand man back. His weakest link, Christopher, is out of the picture and he has a key player on the FBI anti-crime taskforce on his payroll.

All in all, I'd say that Tony ended up sitting pretty. The question is whether or not his life ended just as he saw it all come together when the last piece of the puzzle, Meadow, came into the diner.

I don't only think that we are being set up for a possible movie. I think we may have been set up for a potential mini-series.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 56
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up