ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 24
« First < 131920212223 24 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So have we hit the Justin Herbert is overhyped mark yet?
Mecca 11:05 AM 11-23-2020
I get his numbers are good but I've got people on ESPN saying he'll be a top 3 QB by the end of next year...fansided saying he should be an MVP candidate right now when his team has 3 wins...

WTF is going on here?
[Reply]
Best22 05:22 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
ZERO POINTS against the Pats and another horror show against Miami. He was also poor last week too. He was exposed by Bellichick's scheme without question. They saw something in his tendencies for sure.
Well Herbert has a whole offseason to figure out a counterpunch.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:37 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Best22:
Well Herbert has a whole offseason to figure out a counterpunch.
And DC's will have an offseason to expose him even more. Wentz had an mvp like season and look at him now? Same with Goff when he took the Rams to the playoffs...but both are very average now because the league adapted and they'll do the same with Herbert imo. Hell everyone will zero in on Josh Allen too...it will be very interesting to see how he copes without Daboll.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06:24 AM 01-04-2021
Derek Carr can lend Justin, David for fluffing. In a couple three years
[Reply]
morphius 07:05 AM 01-04-2021
He looks decent out there, but really, I never get too excited about a QB until I can see him do it a couple years in a row. As people have said, a lot of these guys get exposed after teams have a full offseason to study them. He did do a good job of taking advantage of our mistakes yesterday, fumbled punts, penalties...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:18 AM 01-04-2021
expose what?

Dude's good. It's not like exposing the fact that Lamar can't throw outside the hashes.

There's no obvious weakness there. He's young, so you can confuse him. That's about it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:29 PM 01-04-2021
I was wrong about Herbert. I thought he was more raw than he turned out to be. Not saying he's all set, because he obviously still has some things he needs to work on, but he's a legitimate NFL starting QB. He might still stumble a couple times next season, but he's going to turn out just fine by year 3.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:30 PM 01-04-2021
I was right about Herbert.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:33 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
expose what?
Exactly.

There's no way to know if he'll find success in terms of wins and losses, that's a team game and injuries happen.

What we can say, without a shadow of doubt, as i said when he was drafted: The tools are all there. The talent is there. The ability is there. He has all the makings of a good NFL QB.

His rookie season PROVED that to his doubters.

Doubters, get over your goddamn "draft grades". Ya'll get stuck on what you thought of him coming out of college. You were wrong then. You're wrong now. Let it go.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:08 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:

Caption this
MC pee pants newest form
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:01 PM 01-04-2021
expose what?

Dude's good. It's not like exposing the fact that Lamar can't throw outside the hashes.

There's no obvious weakness there. He's young, so you can confuse him. That's about it.
We won't know for certain until a few years down the line.

Guys like Goff, Baker, and Wentz had early success and regressed pretty badly.

Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Exactly.

There's no way to know if he'll find success in terms of wins and losses, that's a team game and injuries happen.

What we can say, without a shadow of doubt, as i said when he was drafted: The tools are all there. The talent is there. The ability is there. He has all the makings of a good NFL QB.

His rookie season PROVED that to his doubters.

Doubters, get over your goddamn "draft grades". Ya'll get stuck on what you thought of him coming out of college. You were wrong then. You're wrong now. Let it go.
Yeah, but you can say that about most top 10 QB prospects. Wasn't that exactly what scouts were saying about Herbert anyway? He's got all the tools, just needed to work on consistency..?

You weren't really my going out on a limb.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:54 PM 01-04-2021
I'm willing to admit, the kid passes my eye test with flying colors... for a rookie he was lights out, like Josh Allen with much better accuracy right outta the gate

If LA can bring in a HC worth a damn, they're gonna be our stiffest AFCW competition going forward... and it bothers me not the least to say that, because Mahomes
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:06 PM 01-04-2021
expose what?

HE HAD A NIGHTMARE AGAINST MIAMI AND GOT ZERO POINTS AGAINST THE PATS!!...so clearly he was exposed by the Patriots defensive philosophies. The JETS put up points against the Pats..hell Drew Lock did too but Herbert struggled in the worst way it's just that simple.
[Reply]
-King- 07:13 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
HE HAD A NIGHTMARE AGAINST MIAMI AND GOT ZERO POINTS AGAINST THE PATS!!...so clearly he was exposed by the Patriots defensive philosophies. The JETS put up points against the Pats..hell Drew Lock did too but Herbert struggled in the worst way it's just that simple.
20/32 for 187 with 2 TDs and a pick and a rushing TD is not a nightmare :-) :-)

But yeah he did have a very bad game against the Patriots.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:17 PM 01-04-2021
Every rookie has a bad game against the Patriots. Some QBs never play well against the Patriots, even after a decade of playing them. The Pats are the only team to hold Mahomes to multiple halfs without a TD.

But UCB has a tendency to say stupid things.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:28 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We won't know for certain until a few years down the line.

Guys like Goff, Baker, and Wentz had early success and regressed pretty badly.

Baker's had two good seasons with a crap one in between with the Kitchens dumpster fire coaching situation. He's got what was a 0 win team when he got there to the play-offs in his third season.

Goff has only ever been good off of play-action; without a healthy Gurley he's been crap. He was before McVay, he is now without a stud running game. He still can't really read a defense; if his first read isn't open he folds.

Wentz is an injury and confidence situation. I'll bet if he gets healthy and a change of scenery he'll be fine.

I thought Herbert would bust. I was wrong. Kid's got balls, and a gun for an arm and while he makes a mistake here and there, he's got it. He's light years better than Goff ALREADY.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 24
« First < 131920212223 24 >
Up