ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 24
« First < 111718192021 222324 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So have we hit the Justin Herbert is overhyped mark yet?
Mecca 11:05 AM 11-23-2020
I get his numbers are good but I've got people on ESPN saying he'll be a top 3 QB by the end of next year...fansided saying he should be an MVP candidate right now when his team has 3 wins...

WTF is going on here?
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:12 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And outside of a freak injury to Tyrod....I don’t think he would be anywhere close to that rookie record.
Obviously not but that doesn't diminish what he has done, it just shows they underestimated how soon he would be serviceable. Turned into a best case scenario because Taylor wouldn't have won this many games I doubt and Herbert is getting valuable experience.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:13 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
W/L is not a QB stat.

And how many great/elite QBs started their careers with a loss? Or even a sub-average rookie year?
Some wins and losses are a QB stat when said QB contributed directly to a win or a loss.

As is the case with say, Mahomes. Or Herbert, in the case of a couple of losses.
[Reply]
carcosa 03:37 PM 12-18-2020
It's going to be very frustrating for the one Chargers fan that their franchise QB will never win the division
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:42 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Some wins and losses are a QB stat when said QB contributed directly to a win or a loss.

As is the case with say, Mahomes. Or Herbert, in the case of a couple of losses.
Maybe. It's the kid's first season, and he not only didn't get the benefit of a real offseason/preseason, but he also wasn't even supposed to start when he did. If it weren't for a fumble-fingered team doc, we might even be having this conversation.

But as it is his rookie year, I can't fault him for a few bad plays. But the overall body of work he's put in so far seems clearly positive. Right now, he's posting numbers far better than Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning did year 1. And both of them had a benefit of OTAs, mini-camp, preseason game snaps, etc.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:42 PM 12-18-2020
How bout Anthony Lynn freezing his own kicker last night with the timeout. hahahahha

Chargers gonna Charger
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:46 PM 12-18-2020
You can't take anything away from Herbert's season. It was incredible for a rookie QB and he showed well.

That said, I still think Burrow is better.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:04 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
It's so annoying.

We have waited to draft a franchise QB for 50 years. Now that we finally got one they are popping up all over the place. Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Murray, Jackson. We have the best one in Mahomes but it's still pisses me off that all these other teams didn't have to sit around and watch us destroy everyone for 10 years with Mahomes. Grrr.
None of those guys are anything compared to Mahomes.
[Reply]
carcosa 04:16 PM 12-18-2020
It's so annoying.

We have waited to draft a franchise QB for 50 years. Now that we finally got one they are popping up all over the place. Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Murray, Jackson. We have the best one in Mahomes but it's still pisses me off that all these other teams didn't have to sit around and watch us destroy everyone for 10 years with Mahomes. Grrr.
dumb post
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:18 PM 12-18-2020
Baker started 13 games when he broke Mannings rookie record...Herbert will have a two game advantage where his stats are concerned. Another thing is Daniel Jones looked very decent last season at times too and look at him now? Same with Goff two years ago. Just gotta wait and see if Herbert can handle it when teams start breaking down his game. Again his games against the Pats and Miami were VERY revealing...those teams exposed him and others will follow that blueprint if Herbert doesn't adjust.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:38 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Here's a test, after the games played so far who would you have taken knowing this. Miami took the oft injured Tua over Herbert, and Burrow #1 to the Bengals.

Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Justin Herbert
Jordan Love
Jalen Hurts
Joe Burrow

He is the best under pressure without taking off and running. That is the key for an NFL QB imo. You can have all the tricks you want but the most important thing is standing tall in the pocket and hitting the open man.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:43 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
dumb post
You're just pissed because of the last thread we posted in.

You're a silly school girl who pouts, cries, and tries to get her friends to be mean to the girl she doesn't like. Grow the fuck up. :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 11:43 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
None of those guys are anything compared to Mahomes.
I said as much.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:01 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
It's going to be very frustrating for the one Chargers fan that their franchise QB will never win the division
They are use to it. Their former franchise QB rarely did it either.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:13 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'd still take Burrow first.

Followed by Herbert.

Still not sold on Tua.

Same as i said pre-draft.
Yup. Tua might win alot of games like Alex Smith but like Smith he cant throw outside of the numbers. This draft is all about Burrow/Herbet IMO
[Reply]
carcosa 02:29 PM 12-19-2020
You're just pissed because of the last thread we posted in.

You're a silly school girl who pouts, cries, and tries to get her friends to be mean to the girl she doesn't like. Grow the fuck up. :-)
Kill yourself bitch!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 21 of 24
« First < 111718192021 222324 >
Up