ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 24
« First < 101617181920 21222324 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So have we hit the Justin Herbert is overhyped mark yet?
Mecca 11:05 AM 11-23-2020
I get his numbers are good but I've got people on ESPN saying he'll be a top 3 QB by the end of next year...fansided saying he should be an MVP candidate right now when his team has 3 wins...

WTF is going on here?
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:38 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'm not either..but he did almost beat Mahomes in his first NFL start...without practicing all week.

That has to account for something...
It did- it counted as his First NFL loss. One of many this year.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:41 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, people suggesting caution on anointing a rookie are being stupid.

Those that are calling him "elite" at this stage of his career are so much smarter.
Who is calling him elite?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:42 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Who is calling him elite?
People have said dozens of times that he's going to be Mahomes' #1 competition for the next decade.

You don't think that's a bit over-the-top at this point?
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:50 PM 12-18-2020
People have said dozens of times that he's going to be Mahomes' #1 competition for the next decade.

You don't think that's a bit over-the-top at this point?
I think that's more in reference to the AFCW which it appears he is already the 2nd best QB in the division (not that that is saying a hell of a lot).

IF we didn't have Mahomes I would be concerned, but we have Mahomes.

Are you not surprised at how well Herbert has played?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:51 PM 12-18-2020
Herbert could tank out...Burrow could be constantly injured.

Herbert reminds me a little of Josh Allen but more accurate/touch out of the gate..

They both look good...no doubt..but Herbert made more throws that I actually noticed.
Well, "constant injury" could apply to anyone. Wentz went #1 overall and totally looked the part until he was injured in his second season and has never looked the same again.

Outside of injury, I'd take Burrow, then Herbert, then Tua, somewhere down the line. I honestly wish that Miami had taken Herbert and the Chargers had taken Tua but considering the Chargers history, Herbert won't ever become a "thing" because the franchise sucks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:52 PM 12-18-2020
I think that's more in reference to the AFCW which it appears he is already the 2nd best QB in the division (not that that is saying a hell of a lot).

IF we didn't have Mahomes I would be concerned, but we have Mahomes.

Are you not surprised at how well Herbert has played?
Surprised? Not really, he's played about like I expected. Hot and cold. He definitely has ability. He just needs to be developed.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:57 PM 12-18-2020
Surprised? Not really, he's played about like I expected. Hot and cold. He definitely has ability. He just needs to be developed.
You expected him to likely crush the rookie TD passing record and challenge Luck's rookie yardage record?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:59 PM 12-18-2020
You expected him to likely crush the rookie TD passing record and challenge Luck's rookie yardage record?
Well, no but then again, I didn't expect him to play this season either.

Look, some of these records are becoming less and less meaningful. The modern NFL is significantly slanted towards offense and big numbers.

What he's done is pretty damn good. But he's not there yet. I mean, people were saying the same things about Baker Mayfield this time 2 years ago.

Lots of things can change.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:10 PM 12-18-2020
And outside of a freak injury to Tyrod....I don’t think he would be anywhere close to that rookie record.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:13 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And outside of a freak injury to Tyrod....I don’t think he would be anywhere close to that rookie record.
Which is funny because Lynn was going to stick with Taylor.

Herbert probably showed just enough to save Lynn's job for another year.
[Reply]
Azide22 02:46 PM 12-18-2020

Considering that last sentence - as Chiefs fans, that is actually a good thing, don't you think?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:50 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, "constant injury" could apply to anyone. Wentz went #1 overall and totally looked the part until he was injured in his second season and has never looked the same again.

Outside of injury, I'd take Burrow, then Herbert, then Tua, somewhere down the line. I honestly wish that Miami had taken Herbert and the Chargers had taken Tua but considering the Chargers history, Herbert won't ever become a "thing" because the franchise sucks.
Jared Goff would like to have a word with you.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:52 PM 12-18-2020
I'm not either..but he did almost beat Mahomes in his first NFL start...without practicing all week.

That has to account for something...
Is that a fancy way of saying he lost? Tua "almost" beat Mahomes last week. Am I doing this correctly?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:57 PM 12-18-2020
W/L is not a QB stat.

And how many great/elite QBs started their careers with a loss? Or even a sub-average rookie year?
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:08 PM 12-18-2020

I sure hope so!
[Reply]
Page 20 of 24
« First < 101617181920 21222324 >
Up