ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So have we hit the Justin Herbert is overhyped mark yet?
Mecca 11:05 AM 11-23-2020
I get his numbers are good but I've got people on ESPN saying he'll be a top 3 QB by the end of next year...fansided saying he should be an MVP candidate right now when his team has 3 wins...

WTF is going on here?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:40 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's going to break the rookie touchdown record next week and will likely end the year with 30+ not including rushing touchdowns. Even if he throws 2 picks a game the next 2 games hell end up with 30+ touchdowns and 14 INTs in his rookie season. How the hell isn't that a stud performance?
You mean like Baker Mayfield his rookie year?

Which he followed up with his performance last year?

Look, I'm not saying he's a BAD QB. He's actually pretty good.

But people are acting like he's the next best thing in the NFL. It's silly. He hasn't even played a full season.

Declaring him our arch-nemesis for the next decade is silly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 PM 12-17-2020
What the hell does what someone at msn sports and complex sports wrote about him before the draft have to do with what he's doing now?

Also, you know who else was compared to Jay Cutler?
It has to do with the fact that I'm not the only one that compared him to Jay Cutler before the draft.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:42 PM 12-17-2020
He's going to break the rookie touchdown record next week and will likely end the year with 30+ not including rushing touchdowns. Even if he throws 2 picks a game the next 2 games hell end up with 30+ touchdowns and 14 INTs in his rookie season. How the hell isn't that a stud performance?

Blake Bortles once did 4000+ yards 30+ TDs and around 15 INTs in a season. Before Marrone came in and neutered him too
[Reply]
-King- 11:48 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You mean like Baker Mayfield his rookie year?

Which he followed up with his performance last year?

Look, I'm not saying he's a BAD QB. He's actually pretty good.

But people are acting like he's the next best thing in the NFL. It's silly. He hasn't even played a full season.

Declaring him our arch-nemesis for the next decade is silly.
This really sounds like the "wait till teams have film on him" people from Mahomes first year. He's had an all time rookie year and yes it could fall apart but I wouldn't count on that. If he builds on it even a little bit, he'll be an elite qb.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:49 PM 12-17-2020
His stats are situational. Meaning he's actually in a relatively decent spot for a young QB. The Chargers lose a lot of games, but it doesn't have anything to do with a lack of talent. So he's not in the same situation a quarterback going to somewhere like the jets or giants faces. He has a good offense line protecting him, he has talent in the backfield and at receiver. The only real adversity he ever has to face is his coaching staff.

So he's going to look better early, much like Mahomes did. But I would expect his trajectory to be more like Minshew.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:51 PM 12-17-2020
This really sounds like the "wait till teams have film on him" people from Mahomes first year. He's had an all time rookie year and yes it could fall apart but I wouldn't count on that. If he builds on it even a little bit, he'll be an elite qb.
No, it's "he still makes a lot of the same mistakes he made at Oregon and I haven't seen anything yet to suggest it will stop".

Yes, if he builds on it, he could be great.

But it's also not just volume of mistakes, it's the timing of his mistakes. He's lost 2 or 3 games this year all by himself by making critical mistakes. Great QB's don't do that. Heck, a lot of good QB's can keep from doing that.
[Reply]
Basileus777 11:51 PM 12-17-2020
I mean this has already happened. He's playing way worse the 2nd half of the season compared to the first. Teams have already figured out how to play him. The question is if he can develop and find the counter.

And no the Raiders and their worst in the league defense don't count.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:55 PM 12-17-2020
Ah the CP slurp opposing team players brigade at it again i see. Same old shit.

Baker 2.0
[Reply]
-King- 12:05 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
I mean this has already happened. He's playing way worse the 2nd half of the season compared to the first. Teams have already figured out how to play him. The question is if he can develop and find the counter.

And no the Raiders and their worst in the league defense don't count.
First 6 games:

67% completion 1800 yards 15TD 5INT

Last 6 games not including raiders game:
65% completion 1600 yards 10TDs 5INTs

So yeah it's slightly worse. Nowhere near "way worse".
[Reply]
staylor26 12:10 AM 12-18-2020
:-)

It’s nothing like Mahomes. Mahomes threw 50 fucking TD’s while winning a lot of games and making it all the way to the AFCCG with a great playoff performance.

Herbert has won 5 games, and while he’s far from the reason they’ve lost 8, he played a role in almost every loss.

Herbert looks like a good NFL QB no doubt, but he’s not as close to elite as you are implying. He has a long way to go before we can talk about him being elite. JFC.
[Reply]
Best22 01:07 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
His stats are situational. Meaning he's actually in a relatively decent spot for a young QB. The Chargers lose a lot of games, but it doesn't have anything to do with a lack of talent. So he's not in the same situation a quarterback going to somewhere like the jets or giants faces. He has a good offense line protecting him, he has talent in the backfield and at receiver. The only real adversity he ever has to face is his coaching staff.

So he's going to look better early, much like Mahomes did. But I would expect his trajectory to be more like Minshew.
Herbert is much more physically talented than Minshew
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:45 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

This guy isn't Minshew. He'll be an elite QB in the NFL within about 2 years, I'd say. Shit, he's already 4th in PAA even this year. Fortunately for us, he plays in a joke of an organization at the moment.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:42 AM 12-18-2020
It's so annoying.

We have waited to draft a franchise QB for 50 years. Now that we finally got one they are popping up all over the place. Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Murray, Jackson. We have the best one in Mahomes but it's still pisses me off that all these other teams didn't have to sit around and watch us destroy everyone for 10 years with Mahomes. Grrr.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:20 AM 12-18-2020
Like i've mentioned before, Herbert's TD production mainly comes in the first half of his games...his second halfs have been way down where TD passes are concerned..(same thing happened tonight) which suggests he struggles when defenses make adjustments.

Another thing to consider is Trubisky once lead the Bears to the playoffs and Baker was seen as an "elite" Qb after his rookie year. Oh and who could forget how great Lamar looked last season? Belichick and Flores totally shut Herbert down which indicates that the Pats guys have cracked his code..we'll see what other DC's do next season after watching his tape.
[Reply]
Best22 05:20 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
It's so annoying.

We have waited to draft a franchise QB for 50 years. Now that we finally got one they are popping up all over the place. Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Murray, Jackson. We have the best one in Mahomes but it's still pisses me off that all these other teams didn't have to sit around and watch us destroy everyone for 10 years with Mahomes. Grrr.
No quarterback had it easy. Brady had to deal with Manning, Steve McNair, Steelers defense+Roethlisberger, the Ravens defense, the Seahawks, Eli Manning and his defenses, Matt Ryan and the stacked Falcons, Andrew Luck, Rex Ryan, etc.

Joe Montana faced the Bears, Giants, Dan Marino, Redskins, Randall Cunningham, and 2 MVP Bengal quarterbacks in the Super Bowl

It’s never easy
[Reply]
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up