ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 293
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Nzoner 08:41 AM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
This has been hashed out before. Of course KU has the highest percentage of losses as the higher seed. That's because they have consistently been a high seed. Duh. It's hard to lose to higher seeds when you are a lower seed.
But it directly points to the underachievement the other poster was pointing out,you have to admit as a Jayhawk fan when it comes to tourney time your team isn't all that,kind of like being a damn Chiefs fan.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:46 AM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The fact that it is coming to an end this year also doesn't make them any more likely to do better in the NCAA tournament. In actuality, it makes them far more likely to do worse.
The only way we go anywhere is Graham/Svi get hot with the 3's and Doke stays out of foul trouble. Even then its going to be a crapshoot.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:12 AM 02-12-2018
This has been hashed out before. Of course KU has the highest percentage of losses as the higher seed. That's because they have consistently been a high seed. Duh. It's hard to lose to higher seeds when you are a lower seed.
That cuts both ways. It also makes it easier to rack up early wins over poopy teams, thereby inflating our win total.

It's really simple to end this debate: go to the FF. It'll take care of bad fans like me, and the good fans like Pants, Kcconnect etc won't even mind going that extra worthless game anyway.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:38 AM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
But it directly points to the underachievement the other poster was pointing out,you have to admit as a Jayhawk fan when it comes to tourney time your team isn't all that,kind of like being a damn Chiefs fan.
Oh, I have definitely been disappointed. 2010 and 2011 come to mind. That being said, there aren't many coaches I would rather have. This year's team, though, is a different situation. I really don't expect them to go very far.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:05 AM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The only way we go anywhere is Graham/Svi get hot with the 3's and Doke stays out of foul trouble. Even then its going to be a crapshoot.
It doesn’t have to be Graham/Svi. When they were rolling early everybody BUT graham was hitting.

Like everything else in life it comes down to efficiency. Score at an efficient rate it doesn’t matter from who. If it is Garrett getting hot from 3 I’ll take it.

And quite frankly in order to win some of the tougher games (hell with it. For this KU team they’re all tough) it’s going to take MORE than Svi/Graham getting hot.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:43 AM 02-12-2018
Oh, I have definitely been disappointed. 2010 and 2011 come to mind. That being said, there aren't many coaches I would rather have. This year's team, though, is a different situation. I really don't expect them to go very far.
I'm still dealing with the 96-97 loss to Arizona, can't even worry about 2010 & 2011 yet. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:44 AM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'm still dealing with the 96-97 loss to Arizona, can't even worry about 2010 & 2011 yet. :-)
Farokhmanesh!!!

via GIPHY

[Reply]
BWillie 12:13 PM 02-12-2018
On a positive note, we only lost the OU game because Self was stubborn and let Doke miss six FT's towards the end of the game. And we didn't have a healthy Svi in this last game against Baylor.

On the negative note, we are 7-1 in close games which means we may even be overachieving.

I hope in the Big 12 tournament Bill puts Cunliffe and DeSousa out there for some minutes. Or when we have clinched the conference or already lost it. We need to get those guys some experience.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:29 PM 02-12-2018
Why do we need to get cunliffe or desousa experience?

Neither is gojng to play much next year
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:42 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
#me too.

Of all the teams that I would like to re-run the tournament with a best-of-7 (instead of one loss and you are out), it is that team.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:45 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
On a positive note, we only lost the OU game because Self was stubborn and let Doke miss six FT's towards the end of the game. And we didn't have a healthy Svi in this last game against Baylor.

On the negative note, we are 7-1 in close games which means we may even be overachieving.
Yea. He should have pulled Doke and put Lightfoot in.

Kansas has overachieved in close games for a long time. Although I used to be convinced that if a game was tied with 2 minutes left, especially at home, Kansas was going to win. This year, not quite as much.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:24 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:

I hope in the Big 12 tournament Bill puts Cunliffe and DeSousa out there for some minutes. Or when we have clinched the conference or already lost it. We need to get those guys some experience.
I think Cunliffe is a bona fide dumbass. Friend of mine talked to a trainer who said he is next level stupid. Like they’ll call a play and by the time he gets lined up can’t remember.

Having heard that his play makes some sense.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:27 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think Cunliffe is a bona fide dumbass. Friend of mine talked to a trainer who said he is next level stupid. Like they’ll call a play and by the time he gets lined up can’t remember.

Having heard that his play makes some sense.
Sounds like Vick to me.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 04:28 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Sounds like Vick to me.
I'm pretty sure Vick knows the plays... he just doesn't understand anything other than the 3 is supposed to be over here on the floor.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:39 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
I'm pretty sure Vick knows the plays... he just doesn't understand anything other than the 3 is supposed to be over here on the floor.
Have you watched any games recently? I'm not sure he even understands that part. Dude dunked FOR THE OTHER TEAM.
[Reply]
Page 119 of 293
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Up