ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Could the Chiefs and Redskins work a trade deal?
Chief Roundup 06:39 PM 05-20-2019
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019...strike-a-deal/

You hate to hear about potentially significant injuries, especially this early in the process of the offseason.

The Washington Redskins began the first OTA practice of phase three of the offseason program on Monday. Not five plays into the practice session, linebacker Reuben Foster went down on the field in a heap with a non-contact leg injury. Foster required an air cast and a cart to leave the practice field. It’s not yet been confirmed whether the injury will be significant, but coach Gruden dubbed the injury “very concerning.”

The Redskins have spent a lot of time on Foster. They took a big risk claiming him off of waivers after the 49ers released him following multiple off-field incidents. They anxiously waited to find out whether the NFL would suspend him, which they chose not to. Now, they could potentially lose Foster for the season.

This injury does open up an opportunity for a trade that may have not been there before the injury. Now there is a possibility that the Redskins look outside their own roster to add another linebacker. The Chiefs in particular, have a linebacker the roster who is a better fit for the Redskins defensive scheme.

Reggie Ragland was traded from the Bills to the Chiefs under the guise that he was not a good fit for the Bills 4-3 defense. Just a year later the Chiefs have switched to a 4-3 defense. Ragland once again is unlikely to be a fit because of a change to a new scheme. The Redskins currently run a 3-4 base defense under DC Greg Manusky, so scheme fit wouldn’t be a problem in this move.

Additionally, Ragland has an allegiance that could make him extra appealing to the Redskins. The Redskins have six former Alabama Crimson Tide players on their defense including Foster, who was Ragland’s running mate in 2015 at Alabama. Ragland does offer a different skill set to Foster. He’s not as speedy as Foster, but Ragland is a punishing two-down linebacker.

So who or what could Brett Veach potentially pry from the grasps of the Redskins in a trade involving Ragland? Obviously there could be some minimal draft compensation like a Day 3 pick, but the Chiefs are probably looking for some earlier return on investment.

There is no doubt in my mind that GM Bruce Allen could try to move cornerback Josh Norman after June 1, in order to clear $11.5 million in cap space
. Norman hasn’t been all the Redskins has hoped for when they signed him to a five-year $75 million dollar contract.

The Chiefs would be on the hook for two years and $24 million remaining on Norman’s contract. It’s a hefty chunk of change, but with the Chiefs currently in win now mode while Patrick Mahomes is still on his rookie deal, this is a contract that they could afford to take on during the next two seasons.

This type of player-for-player trade could potentially be a big win for both teams. Washington would shed a big contract of a CB who has underperformed since joining the team. They’d also get a player at a position of need. Kansas City would also add a player at a position of need, but they’d get rid of a player who no longer fits their defensive scheme.

Not sure that the Chiefs would have any real interest in Josh Norman. But damn if we could trade Reggie Ragland and a day 3 pick for Josh Norman it is hard not to say Hell Yes.
[Reply]
Rawlsian 09:13 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Ragland for Norman? You guys are ****ing batshit insane...
Yra. That while be awful
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:15 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
WHY would the Skins want anything to do with Ragland??? Everyone knows he's terrible.
First I never said it would happen it was just an article I seen and thought it would be worth the conversation. I know it is a long shot.
Right now the top ILB available is Josh Bynes or Manti Teo.
I guess some of you don't remember how bad the LB position was in FA after like 2 players and how bad it was in the draft after the Devins.
If they are wanting to dump Normans salary and can secure what they perceive as better than what they have after the Foster injury and better than what is on the FA market it sure would be nice.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:23 PM 05-20-2019
trade for that mother fucking cock sucking piece of mother fucking shit!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:31 PM 05-20-2019
I thought the writer was suggesting we trade Ragland for Rueben Foster and I was intrigued, but hell yes to Josh Norman at that price.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:33 PM 05-20-2019
I feel like every day I wake up we're on the verge of another blockbuster trade.

It really has been the best offseason ever.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:41 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I enjoy trading with the Redskins. They're that girl that you can call up at the last minute and buy dinner at Chipotle, and she'll give you liberties afterward.
Sooo... the Redskins are Brooke Pryor?
[Reply]
COchief 09:49 PM 05-20-2019
I have to admit, I have quickly warmed to signing various pieces of shit to our football club. What piece of shit started this vernacular?
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:50 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Veach up
[Reply]
Hoover 09:51 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
This.

I'd take a bowl of soup or a 7th rounder.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 09:51 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Sooo... the Redskins are Brooke Pryor?
I have a gut hunch that Brooke is more of a all you can eat buffet type of gal.
[Reply]
oldman 10:30 PM 05-20-2019
"He’s not as speedy as Foster, but Ragland is a punishing two-down linebacker." Obviously, this was written by someone that didn't watch too many Chiefs games last year. The only thing Ragland punished was air.
[Reply]
007 10:36 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
"He’s not as speedy as Foster, but Ragland is a punishing two-down linebacker." Obviously, this was written by someone that didn't watch too many Chiefs games last year. The only thing Ragland punished was air.
You are giving him too much credit. Even air kicked his ass.
[Reply]
TravelingChiefs 10:40 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Quick, scrub everything bad about Ragland off the internet before the Redskins found out that he sucks!
[Reply]
oldman 10:40 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
:-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:21 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I enjoy trading with the Redskins. They're that girl that you can call up at the last minute and buy dinner at Chipotle, and she'll give you liberties afterward.
Chipotle takes too long. Taco Bell drive through.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up