ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Gerald McCoy being cut by the Buccaneers.
Al Bundy 05:02 PM 05-20-2019

BREAKING: DT Gerald McCoy has been informed by the Bucs of their plans to release him after nine seasons. The team decided not to pay him the $13-million salary he was owed for 2019.

— Rick Stroud (@NFLSTROUD) May 20, 2019

[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:00 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Is it post June 1 you can sign guys and doesnt count against comp picks for the next season?
I believe May 7th was the determining date. Also, released players don't factor into the comp pick formula.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:13 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Recent history suggests 2nd and 3rd round picks hardly play early on for the chiefs. Of course, since they hardly play we are left not knowing what we have and are forced to trade for established veterans at the same position.
Bud, are things really that desolate in Oklahoma?

Your takes are as dark as they get for a Chiefs fan...

We won the lottery with 2PM, cool your skepticism a touch

:-)
[Reply]
JakeF 09:43 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
Our D line seems to be fine with the currant acquisitions, no more required at current time, imo!
Who decided this?

There is no such thing as a defensive line being too good. An elite QB and a dominant defensive line can win you a super bowl. I don't know how much McCoy has left but a good McCoy next to Chris Jones could be a very good passing down Dline.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:46 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Bud, are things really that desolate in Oklahoma?

Your takes are as dark as they get for a Chiefs fan...

We won the lottery with 2PM, cool your skepticism a touch

Don't talk to it, son. Just ignore it. It's tough, but it's the humane thing to do.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:48 PM 05-20-2019
This is interesting because Reid said he felt the next big fad in the NFL was emphasizing getting DTs that could rush the passer since they are the closest one to the QB at the snap.
[Reply]
Amnorix 05:40 AM 05-21-2019
Jesus. Belichick letting Flowers walk for massive money, getting a third round comp pick for him, and then signing Bennett and McCoy, the latter on a cheap, I-want-to-win-a-ring-dammit, contract would be the most Belichickian thing ever.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:06 AM 05-21-2019
Most down here think he's on a serious downslide of his career due to age, not desire. But, he still wants to be paid like he's 25.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:23 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Don't talk to it, son. Just ignore it. It's tough, but it's the humane thing to do.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:42 AM 05-21-2019
He’s going to end up on the Patriots, Colts, or Browns. Yay.

Not that I think he’s a game changer anymore, but he’d upgrade all of those teams.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:26 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
This is interesting because Reid said he felt the next big fad in the NFL was emphasizing getting DTs that could rush the passer since they are the closest one to the QB at the snap.
I would not be opposed. Plus, we could watch some more CB weepers heads explode.
Nothing but upside!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:38 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs;14277152[B:
]Recent history suggests 2nd and 3rd round picks hardly play early on for the chiefs. [/B]Of course, since they hardly play we are left not knowing what we have and are forced to trade for established veterans at the same position.
lol wut

Travis Motherfucking Kelce
Kareem Motherfucking Hunt
Justin Motherfucking Houston
Jamaal Motherfucking Charles
Chris Motherfucking Jones
Mitch Morse
Jeff Allen
Allen Bailey
Rodney Hudson
Donald Stephenson
Derrick Nnadi
Dorian O'Daniel
Chris Conley
Knile Davis

Shit even Breeland Speaks got on the field last year and is likely going to get a ton of snaps.

Wanna add in Mecole Hardman, Juan Thornhill?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:43 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Recent history suggests 2nd and 3rd round picks hardly play early on for the chiefs.
:-) :-)

Wow. Do you even Chiefs? HOLEE SHIT
[Reply]
BossChief 12:46 PM 05-21-2019
If we hadn’t drafted Saunders, I’d say we should try to sign McCoy...but he would just be a rotational guy for us. Not worth the financial investment as well as opportunity cost of the younger guys losing those snaps.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:48 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
That's been a big fad for decades.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:02 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Jesus. Belichick letting Flowers walk for massive money, getting a third round comp pick for him, and then signing Bennett and McCoy, the latter on a cheap, I-want-to-pay-the-officials-to-hand-us-a-ring-dammit, contract would be the most Belichickian thing ever.
Fixed
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up