ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets targeting Manning for GM position
jjchieffan 06:09 PM 05-19-2019
Peyton Manning is a wanted man these days. Between being sought after as a commercial pitch man or a potential “Monday Night Football” announcer, the five-time MVP will have some sort of notable post-playing career.

Now comes the latest rumor: Could he be the next New York Jets general manager?
After Jets CEO and chairman Christopher Johnson announced the firing of GM Mike Maccagnan on Wednesday, NBC Sports’ Mike Florio reported that league sources believe the Jets will key in on Manning.

With no front office experience, Manning would not be a traditional hire, but that seems to fit Johnson’s MO this hiring cycle.

“It’s more than a talent evaluation guy,” Johnson said on a conference call Wednesday. “I want a great strategic thinker. A great manager. A communicator. Someone who can collaborate well with the building. And I’m convinced we’re going to find that person.”

The connection between Manning and the Jets goes back well beyond the current ownership group, which took over in 2000. As Florio pointed out, there was a rumor that Manning would have left Tennessee a year early if the Jets promised to select him first overall in 1997. However, the potential marriage did not work out, and the Jets even traded out of the first overall pick. One year later, Manning went No. 1 to the Indianapolis Colts, and the rest is history.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:05 PM 05-19-2019
Manning knows more about football than easily 1/3 of the league's GMs.

He's a football savant.

No doubt he will be an incredible GM.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 07:06 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

He's a football savant.

This reads like a post that will be hilarious to look back on in 3 years
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 07:09 PM 05-19-2019
How great would it be if he then went ahead and fired Gase?

"Sure I'll come, but Gase has to go and I'll bring in Kubiak."
[Reply]
Bump 07:12 PM 05-19-2019
Peyton Manning, while being our nemesis in the past, I respect the man and it would indeed entertain me to see him act as GM for a team.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:27 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

He's a football savant.

Let's get our hall of fame QB the GM he deserves
[Reply]
tredadda 07:36 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
He would probably be pretty good. But I disagree with the notion that he has no experience. He ran the Donks for 5 years. Just because ElFraud held the job title and took the credit is irrelevant. It's clear now that he's gone that ElFraud hasn't got a clue about how to run a team. If Manning wasn't there, ElFraud would have already been fired.
Except he brought in talent based off his talent and ability to win. Big difference when he is not in the huddle. For better or worse Elway was a very good QB, but is a hilariously bad GM. Peyton might turn out the same way.
[Reply]
tk13 07:41 PM 05-19-2019
I would be surprised if he took this, but if he did there's no way he'd fire Gase. Manning's basically the reason Gase got a head coaching job to begin with.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:51 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Pathetic. I wanted Louis Riddick for us. The Jets would be better off with him. He knows his shit and can handle the job.
I also wanted Louis Riddick when we fired Dorsey.

I guess I have to re-think that position.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:54 PM 05-19-2019
:-)

Yes please!
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:05 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm in favor of anything that gets the mother****er off my TV screen.
Yeah his "personality" is unbearable. Those insurance commercials are horrible. Who would find that shit funny? As were the pizza ones. He's just naturally annoying.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:45 PM 05-19-2019
Micheal Jordan did an excellent job as an executive.....:-).
[Reply]
Dylan 12:00 AM 05-20-2019
hArch Manning, Cooper’s oldest son and Peyton & Eli’s nephew. ��ow about cooper'sson ARCHIE MANNING For my ex-team that might leave a mark.enter smilie https://binged.it/2JtIqnm
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 12:22 AM 05-20-2019
wow seeing how desperate teams are for a decent GM and others with incompetent or flawed GMs (ie Veach, Elway etc), I am very glad that Raiders landed a stud in MayGOAT.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:00 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
wow seeing how desperate teams are for a decent GM and others with incompetent or flawed GMs (ie Veach, Elway etc), I am very glad that Raiders landed a stud in MayGOAT.
MayCROCK and UpChucky could have every top 5 talent in the league and still manage to whip up a big ol batch of bottom feeder for you morons to enjoy.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:02 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:

Yeah your team is awesome 66-109 in the last decade. Congrats!

[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up