ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Allergic Conjunctivitis
rabblerouser 03:40 PM 05-18-2019
My eye started swelling and became painful. At first I was wondering if I kicked my own ass, because it kind of looked like that, but it was so damn painful...then I thought it was pink eye, so I wondered if I had licked my own ass?? Went to the doctor, they said 'allergic conjunctivitis', I asked how the fuck that happened, they said 'allergies and stress'...so I guess I'm allergic to bullshit.

Shit hurts, something fierce. Now I'm REALLY depressed.
[Reply]
Bump 04:05 PM 05-18-2019
it will clear up in a few days
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:10 PM 05-18-2019
Hang in there.

I got a perianal abscess (look it up...or not) on the day I was supposed to go to Disneyland with my family. instead I got to spend the day waiting in the ER, night in the hospital, surgery to drain it from my buttocks cheek, and a drain tube sticking out next to my pooping place for two weeks.
[Reply]
EPodolak 04:35 PM 05-18-2019
Had that a few weeks ago, got some OTC antihistamine eye drops that helped.
[Reply]
chinaski 04:46 PM 05-18-2019
I've had it, and occasionally get it as well.

I have a revolving prescription for Chromolyn Eye Drops (sp?), but I find taking a Zyrtec works just as well.

As far as the stress factor, research Tension Myosystis Syndrome or Tension Myoneural Syndrome and Doctor John Sarno. You will find most of the information appertaining to back and sciatic pain, but it correlates to other areas of the body as well. That shit is for real.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:04 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
I've had it, and occasionally get it as well.

I have a revolving prescription for Chromolyn Eye Drops (sp?), but I find taking a Zyrtec works just as well.

As far as the stress factor, research Tension Myosystis Syndrome or Tension Myoneural Syndrome and Doctor John Sarno. You will find most of the information appertaining to back and sciatic pain, but it correlates to other areas of the body as well. That shit is for real.
Thank you, I will look it up.

The stress in my life is very real right now.
[Reply]
chinaski 05:24 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Thank you, I will look it up.

The stress in my life is very real right now.
I am right there with you sir. It has been a very tough couple of months for me, but I'm getting through it.

I had serious back and leg issues for many years, down to the wire with surgery, many steroid shots etc, and once I discovered TMS and Sarno, things started to turn around for me. I'm still not perfect, but I am functioning within normal parameters. Just have an open mind about it, and it is something that can change your life...in a very positive way.

One thing that has helped me recently is something called Outcome Independence. It is part of the TMS "treatment" process, but it is something you can do on your own. Basically it is accepting your issue regardless of the circumstances. Essentially becoming neutral about it. Basically, if you "don't care" your brain will more or less be powerless to the "pain" - The pain or issue is a real physical symptom, but the cause, sometimes, is all in your mind.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:37 PM 05-18-2019
Ketotifen 1 drop to each eye every 12 hours.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:37 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
I am right there with you sir. It has been a very tough couple of months for me, but I'm getting through it.

I had serious back and leg issues for many years, down to the wire with surgery, many steroid shots etc, and once I discovered TMS and Sarno, things started to turn around for me. I'm still not perfect, but I am functioning within normal parameters. Just have an open mind about it, and it is something that can change your life...in a very positive way.

One thing that has helped me recently is something called Outcome Independence. It is part of the TMS "treatment" process, but it is something you can do on your own. Basically it is accepting your issue regardless of the circumstances. Essentially becoming neutral about it. Basically, if you "don't care" your brain will more or less be powerless to the "pain" - The pain or issue is a real physical symptom, but the cause, sometimes, is all in your mind.
Nice. I'm going to do a heavy metal detox, as well - I've been told that can help with the types of issues I have going on, as well. TNS seems legit...however, I tried to be very neutral about the main situation, however it just prolonged any processing that I needed to do. Once I quit smoking pot/taking pills, all these stupid feelings came flying out of me...so, I have to learn a new way to cope.

Growing up and stuff...
[Reply]
threebag 05:50 PM 05-18-2019

[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:14 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
That is an accurate depiction of how it feels...
[Reply]
jdubya 06:39 PM 05-18-2019
My eye doc told me that conjunctivitis is a symptom and not a diagnosis. Its like having a chest cold and telling people you have "cough".......there are many causes for "conjunctivitis"...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:48 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by jdubya:
My eye doc told me that conjunctivitis is a symptom and not a diagnosis. Its like having a chest cold and telling people you have "cough".......there are many causes for "conjunctivitis"...
Hence the "allergic" part. Caused by allergies and stress.

You must've missed that part, jdub.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:51 AM 05-19-2019
Welp, that sounds fucking terrible. Very sorry to hear of your affliction my friend. May you be well soon.

You know what's really good for alleviating stress? Take a guess.
[Reply]
scho63 09:41 AM 05-19-2019
Just rub some dirt on it and get back in the game.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up