ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pellet Grills
Buehler445 10:13 AM 05-08-2019
My old LP grill is to the point where it needs parts or needs to go. The wife is thinking a pellet grill might be better for her to use.

I thought there was a thread on here about them, but the one I could dig up is over a decade old.

What are you guys running these days? Pros/Cons?

I don't know much about anything except Traegers and people I know have had trouble with them.

I'd PROBABLY be leaving it outside so I'd need a cover for it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:55 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I didn't buy them all and try them, but I did buy one.

Bought the RecTec Stampede.

I didn't get the searing grate, maybe I should have, but we'll see.

I did buy a small shelf, the cover, and some Heifer Rub (FMB should be getting commission from this outfit).
Congrats, btw. I think you'll love it. The sear grates is nice but not essential. That Heifer Dust is awesome.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 02:45 PM 05-21-2019
Go to the Home depot in GC an buy this;

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors...2214,2205,2204

You can slide the flame guard over and sear over real pellet fire and cook and smoke. I have sold grills and made 13 different styles so far in shop. Have a traeger and white mountain now, took a camp chef back.

Louisiana is the best followed by white mountian then traeger. IMHO
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:44 PM 08-18-2019
Have we decided on what pellets are the best?
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 06:28 PM 08-18-2019
I like the straight hickory made by pitboss.

I run a pitboss 7 copperhead. It takes some maintenance and the auger can be kinda sketchy. Got mine at scheels and replaced it twice in two years but every time I get a new one I get a new warranty.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:13 PM 08-18-2019
I'm still a big fan of the PitBoss competition blend pellets
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 08:13 PM 08-18-2019
Have we decided on what pellets are the best?
Rec-Tec ultimate blend for me then Lumberjack. I have a Rec-Tec Stampede.
[Reply]
Sorce 01:30 PM 09-26-2019
Not jealous of bull owners anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:02 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I have a Traeger. Works well, doesn’t get above 350 though. If you want sear marks you’re not getting it on a Traeger, at least on mine anyways. I’ve had it for five or so years, without any mechanical issues.

I will be glad when it dies though. I want a Yoder Pellet grill. Made in Hutchinson, KS. Expensive, can cold smoke, sear. It’s been a while since I’ve researched them so maybe they’ve changed in the quality department.

We have a Traeger as well. I like it well enough but you are right about the 350. Now, on older models there is a way to boost the temp to around 500. If yours has it, there is a small (sort of) reset button on the control panel. Take a pen or pencil and hold that in for about 10 seconds and there you go. As I understand it, the newer models don't have that button any longer.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:05 PM 09-26-2019
[QUOTE=Buehler445;14259034]My parents have one. They've burned through like 4 igniters a control unit and at least one auger motor.

My buddy has one and has better luck but he burned out a temperature controller.

Yeah, when they were made here in the states they were highly reliable. Then, well, you know...

I went through 2 hot rod igniters in about a month before I FINALLY got a decent one.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:31 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Not jealous of bull owners anymore.

Nice!

Let me know what you think of that front shelf.
[Reply]
Sorce 05:03 PM 09-26-2019
Nice!

Let me know what you think of that front shelf.
I'm excited for it, now if I ask my wife to hold my meat while I'm smoking it means something different. Probably going to do a chicken this weekend.

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 05:05 PM 09-26-2019
Might as well just use an oven. These things aren't "grills."
[Reply]
In58men 07:56 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
This is what I have, love it.

https://www.yodersmokers.com/ys640-pellet-grill.html
So, I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these very soon.

How are you liking it? Any issues?

I’ve been against pellet grills for awhile, but now I’m getting lazier and lazier lol. I’m having a tough time between Yoder and the Rec-Tec.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:36 AM 10-31-2019
The weber is releasing soon
[Reply]
In58men 10:19 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
The weber is releasing soon
Whoa!

Game changer for sure. Looks like I can wait it out.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up